Descriptive Note on Win64/CoinMiner.cy
Win64/CoinMiner.cy is identified as a deceptive system malware which has been active across the global world to mine the Bitcoin or another cryptocurrency. Due to its behavior and its nature, it earns small sum of digital coin. It uses the CPU and GPU resources to mine digital currency. To penetrates inside the machine, it disguises itself as another system program. But in reality, it is very dangerous for users PC which doesn't only make online revenue for its developer but also ruins user PC and causes various serious troubles for the affected system users.
|Researchers Report on Win64/CoinMiner.cy|
|Description||Win64/CoinMiner.cy is another crypto-miner malware that aim to mine cryptocurrency from affected system users.|
|Occurrences||Drive-by-downloads, bundling method, pirated software, contaminated device, hacked domain, torrent downloads etc.|
|Removal Recommendation||To delete Win64/CoinMiner.cy, users must download and install Windows Scanner Tool on their machine.|
Technical Details of Win64/CoinMiner.cy
As soon as Win64/CoinMiner.cy enters inside the PC secretly, it do several malevolent actions. It is a 64-bit executable malware that can be detected as xbox-service.exe. This malware is known for registering itself as the Windows service by creating an entry in registry key. It creates copies of itself and distribute over the Internet. The DLL file of such a malware includes the configuration details which is mainly determine on how much such a malware mines coin. Similar to other crypto-miner malware, it causes to execute PC too much slower than usual. Win64/CoinMiner.cy has several negative traits, therefore its deletion is highly recommended.
Typical Symptoms of Win64/CoinMiner.cy To Recognize Its Attack
- High System as well as CPU usage.
- Crashes user browser frequently.
- Freezes up users windows machine.
- Deducts Computer as well as Internet speed.
- Makes users applications or programs unresponsive.
- Takes too much time to do a single operation on PC.
- Opens backdoor and make targeted machine vulnerable etc.
Safeguard Tips To Protect PC Against Win64/CoinMiner.cy
- Be attentive while performing any online operation.
- Don't visit any unknown or hacked website.
- Always update your Operating System and installed application.
- Keep a backup of your files as well as data regularly.
- Don't download any suspicious attachment or open a spam message etc.
A. Win64/CoinMiner.cy Manual Removal
How to Change the System Folder Settings to view hidden files
On Windows 7 | Vista
Windows Logo button is to be selected and then you need to Open Windows Explorer.
Click on Organize selecting Folder and Search Options.
Now Click on View Tab and select Show hidden files and folders Option to view Win64/CoinMiner.cy related files.
Click on OK to Apply
On Windows 8
Select on Windows + E keys in combination on the keyboard.
Click on View Tab option
File name Extensions along with hidden items is to be checked
Step 2: Delete Win64/CoinMiner.cy Related Files in Hidden Folders as given
- %Temp%\[adware name]
- %AppData%\[adware name]
- %LocalAppData%\[adware name]
- %LocalAppData%\[adware name].exe
- %CommonAppData%\[adware name]
Step 3 : Remove Win64/CoinMiner.cy Related Registry Files on Windows
First, Open Registry Editor
On Windows 7| Vista
Click on Start Button
Select on Run Button
Finally Click on OK button
On Windows 8 Computer
Click on Win [Window Key] + R in Combination on Keyboard
Type regedit.exe in dialog box and press OK.
Confirm OK to open the registry editor.
Look for Win64/CoinMiner.cy related files and entries created in Win Registry.
Note: This step is only suitable for users having Technical Skills, if you delete any other entries other than Win64/CoinMiner.cy, it will permanently damage your PC.
B. Win64/CoinMiner.cy Removal from Windows OS
How to Uninstall Win64/CoinMiner.cy related program on PC
on Windows 10
1. On Win 10 Screen, Click on Start Menu and Select All apps.
this will show entire list of apps installed on Win 10, Find Win64/CoinMiner.cy or any other suspicious program from the list. Right Click on the Selected item to uninstall it.
On Win 7 | Vista
- Select and Click on the Start Button and Click on Control Panel using Start Menu.
2. You need to Select Uninstall Program under the Program Category in Control Panel.
3. Using the Window, Program and Features option, select Installed on to view all the recently installed programs, Now uninstall Win64/CoinMiner.cy or any other suspicious programs.
From window 8 PC
1. Press Windows key + I simultaneously , then open Setting Bar, click Control Panel to open it
2. Under Programs category, select Uninstall a program
3. Search Win64/CoinMiner.cy program in Program and Features window, then click on Uninstall
Step 2:- Uninstall Win64/CoinMiner.cy toolbar, add-on, plug-in and extension from browser IE/Microsoft Edge/Firefox/Google Chrome
From Chrome Browser
1. On Chrome browser, select menu
2. Select Advanced Settings option
3. Click on Extension
4. To remove Win64/CoinMiner.cy extension, click on Trash icon
5. Select the Remove option in dialog box
From Microsoft Edge Browser
( Microsoft Edge does not support extension, now you have to just reset the search engine and homepage of Edge browser)
1. Set homepage on Edge browser to remove Win64/CoinMiner.cy
On address bar click More(..), and then select Settings option
3. View Advanced Settings for specific page, to set homepage to Open with option
4. To set your own homepage click on Custom, the then type URL of your own homepage
2. To remove Win64/CoinMiner.cy set default Search Engine
- On address bar click More(..), and then select Settings option
- select the View advanced settings option
- Select “Search in the address bar with”, then enter the search engine by clicking on <Add new> option, then click on Add as default
- Custom option is to be selected, enter the URL of the homepage to be set as
From IE Browser
1. To open Manage add-ons on your IE browser, click on Tools button
2. Select Toolbars and Extensions, them make a selection of Win64/CoinMiner.cy to remove it
3. Now click on Reset button to remove Win64/CoinMiner.cy add-ons
From Firefox browser
1. To open Add-on Manager tab, select Menu button, and then click on Add-ons
2. Click Extensions
3. Select Remove or Disable button
How to Remove Win64/CoinMiner.cy Automatically
Well, in the fast growing technology and day by day increasing malicious activities of cyber criminals, it is necessary for every computer user to protect their PC from Win64/CoinMiner.cy. You must own a best removal tool which can provide safety and security to your windows machine. Win64/CoinMiner.cy Free Scanner is one of the best tool which is capable to detect Win64/CoinMiner.cy or any malware completely from compromised machine. However you need to purchase its licensed version to delete Win64/CoinMiner.cy completely.
|French||Désinstaller Win64/CoinMiner.cy de Internet Explorer : Réparer Win64/CoinMiner.cy|
|German||Löschen Win64/CoinMiner.cy In einfachen Schritten|
|Polish||Usunąć Win64/CoinMiner.cy z Internet Explorer : Wypruć Win64/CoinMiner.cy|
|Portuguese||Remover Win64/CoinMiner.cy Em apenas alguns passos|
|Italian||Efficace modo per Elimina Win64/CoinMiner.cy|
|Spanish||Win64/CoinMiner.cy Desinstalación: Manera eficaz de Retirar Win64/CoinMiner.cy En sencillos pasos|
|Danish||Easy guide til at Afinstaller Win64/CoinMiner.cy fra Internet Explorer|
|Dutch||Win64/CoinMiner.cy Ongeïnstalleerd: Gids naar Verwijder Win64/CoinMiner.cy In Muisklikken|
User Guide : Automatic Win64/CoinMiner.cy Free Scanner
Step 1 Download the software and now install it on your computer. Click on “Scan Computer” to detect presence of Win64/CoinMiner.cy and its harmful traces.
Step 2 Scan in progress can be viewed
Step 3 Use System Guard feature to block entry of Win64/CoinMiner.cy and its infectious files.
Step 4 HelpDesk is an additional feature which is can sort out all your troubles usually you face when PC is infected with Win64/CoinMiner.cy
Step 5 Win64/CoinMiner.cy Free Scanner has Network Sentry feature which helps to block modification done through Internet connectivity on your computer system.
Step 6 Enable Scan Scheduler feature on your computer to perform scanning at pre set time like daily, weekly or monthly.