Brief Note on Christmas tree virus
Christmas tree virus is identified as the new strain of Christmas virus that mainly targeted users PC during winter holidays. Some of the malware researchers are considered it as the mass-mailer worm that can paralyze whole System. In the world of cyber threat, it is known since 1987 but it is luring to target users machine during the holidays and busiest time. When the Christmas rolls around, its creator take advantage of holiday and spread Christmas tree virus. To get complete information Christmas tree virus, go through with this post completely.
Threat Profile of Christmas tree virus
|Threat Name||Christmas tree virus|
|Type||Malware, Trojan, System virus|
|Alias||Christmas tree exec|
|Affected PCs||Windows OS|
|Description||Christmas tree virus is one of the most dangerous infection that gets inside the PC silently and after that send copy of itself to almost everyone on email contact list.|
|Occurrences||Spam messages, infected mail attachments, contaminated devices, torrent downloads and many more.|
|Removal Recommendations||Download & install Windows Scanner Tool, to get rid of Christmas tree virus easily from your PC.|
Detailed Information of Christmas tree virus
Christmas tree virus is one of the System virus that changed the history of cybersecurity. Its developer uses Rexx language for coding in order to launch malicious script and drew Christmas tree virus on screen. It targets user email contact and sends copy of malicious file to each user. The con artist of such a malware hides its related meddle in virus source code. It executes on several Systems except for CMS/VM. As soon as, Christmas tree virus enters inside the PC, it do series of malevolent actions which as a result users have to suffer with several serious issues.
Problems Caused By Christmas tree virus
- Makes targeted PCs too much slower and weird than before by eating up too much resources.
- Alters users browser, System and crucial setting without user awareness.
- Ruin System experience by adding or deleting users files.
- Endangers privacy after collecting users personal data and forwarded them to attackers.
- Creates loopholes and exploit computer vulnerabilities.
- Opens the secret backdoor and permit attackers to access PC remotely etc.
A. Christmas tree virus Manual Removal
How to Change the System Folder Settings to view hidden files
On Windows 7 | Vista
Windows Logo button is to be selected and then you need to Open Windows Explorer.
Click on Organize selecting Folder and Search Options.
Now Click on View Tab and select Show hidden files and folders Option to view Christmas tree virus related files.
Click on OK to Apply
On Windows 8
Select on Windows + E keys in combination on the keyboard.
Click on View Tab option
File name Extensions along with hidden items is to be checked
Step 2: Delete Christmas tree virus Related Files in Hidden Folders as given
- %Temp%\[adware name]
- %AppData%\[adware name]
- %LocalAppData%\[adware name]
- %LocalAppData%\[adware name].exe
- %CommonAppData%\[adware name]
Step 3 : Remove Christmas tree virus Related Registry Files on Windows
First, Open Registry Editor
On Windows 7| Vista
Click on Start Button
Select on Run Button
Finally Click on OK button
On Windows 8 Computer
Click on Win [Window Key] + R in Combination on Keyboard
Type regedit.exe in dialog box and press OK.
Confirm OK to open the registry editor.
Look for Christmas tree virus related files and entries created in Win Registry.
Note: This step is only suitable for users having Technical Skills, if you delete any other entries other than Christmas tree virus, it will permanently damage your PC.
B. Christmas tree virus Removal from Windows OS
How to Uninstall Christmas tree virus related program on PC
on Windows 10
1. On Win 10 Screen, Click on Start Menu and Select All apps.
this will show entire list of apps installed on Win 10, Find Christmas tree virus or any other suspicious program from the list. Right Click on the Selected item to uninstall it.
On Win 7 | Vista
- Select and Click on the Start Button and Click on Control Panel using Start Menu.
2. You need to Select Uninstall Program under the Program Category in Control Panel.
3. Using the Window, Program and Features option, select Installed on to view all the recently installed programs, Now uninstall Christmas tree virus or any other suspicious programs.
From window 8 PC
1. Press Windows key + I simultaneously , then open Setting Bar, click Control Panel to open it
2. Under Programs category, select Uninstall a program
3. Search Christmas tree virus program in Program and Features window, then click on Uninstall
Step 2:- Uninstall Christmas tree virus toolbar, add-on, plug-in and extension from browser IE/Microsoft Edge/Firefox/Google Chrome
From Chrome Browser
1. On Chrome browser, select menu
2. Select Advanced Settings option
3. Click on Extension
4. To remove Christmas tree virus extension, click on Trash icon
5. Select the Remove option in dialog box
From Microsoft Edge Browser
( Microsoft Edge does not support extension, now you have to just reset the search engine and homepage of Edge browser)
1. Set homepage on Edge browser to remove Christmas tree virus
On address bar click More(..), and then select Settings option
3. View Advanced Settings for specific page, to set homepage to Open with option
4. To set your own homepage click on Custom, the then type URL of your own homepage
2. To remove Christmas tree virus set default Search Engine
- On address bar click More(..), and then select Settings option
- select the View advanced settings option
- Select “Search in the address bar with”, then enter the search engine by clicking on <Add new> option, then click on Add as default
- Custom option is to be selected, enter the URL of the homepage to be set as
From IE Browser
1. To open Manage add-ons on your IE browser, click on Tools button
2. Select Toolbars and Extensions, them make a selection of Christmas tree virus to remove it
3. Now click on Reset button to remove Christmas tree virus add-ons
From Firefox browser
1. To open Add-on Manager tab, select Menu button, and then click on Add-ons
2. Click Extensions
3. Select Remove or Disable button
How to Remove Christmas tree virus Automatically
Well, in the fast growing technology and day by day increasing malicious activities of cyber criminals, it is necessary for every computer user to protect their PC from Christmas tree virus. You must own a best removal tool which can provide safety and security to your windows machine. Christmas tree virus Free Scanner is one of the best tool which is capable to detect Christmas tree virus or any malware completely from compromised machine. However you need to purchase its licensed version to delete Christmas tree virus completely.
|French||Étapes À Suivre Se Débarrasser De Christmas tree virus|
|German||Entfernen Christmas tree virus Sofort|
|Polish||Rozwiązanie Kasować Christmas tree virus|
|Portuguese||Remover Christmas tree virus de Firefox : Derrubar Christmas tree virus|
|Italian||Istruzioni rapide per Rimuovere Christmas tree virus da Firefox|
|Spanish||Manera eficaz de Desinstalar Christmas tree virus|
|Danish||Fjernelse Christmas tree virus Let|
|Dutch||Christmas tree virus Schrapping: Hoe Van Afkomen Christmas tree virus In Slechts Enkele Stappen|
User Guide : Automatic Christmas tree virus Free Scanner
Step 1 Download the software and now install it on your computer. Click on “Scan Computer” to detect presence of Christmas tree virus and its harmful traces.
Step 2 Scan in progress can be viewed
Step 3 Use System Guard feature to block entry of Christmas tree virus and its infectious files.
Step 4 HelpDesk is an additional feature which is can sort out all your troubles usually you face when PC is infected with Christmas tree virus
Step 5 Christmas tree virus Free Scanner has Network Sentry feature which helps to block modification done through Internet connectivity on your computer system.
Step 6 Enable Scan Scheduler feature on your computer to perform scanning at pre set time like daily, weekly or monthly.