An Introduction To PsMiner
PsMiner is a malevolent Operating System infection which can be categorized under the Trojans family. This is recognized as a crypto-mining tool that mainly uses XMRing for mining crypto-currency illegally. According to cyber security experts this is a pestilent Trojans which can affects different types of Windows Operating System such as 7, 8.1, 10, Win 32/64, Vista, 8, XP etc and several popular Web Browser Search Engines like Mozilla Firefox, Opera, Internet Explorer, Safari, Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge etc. It is intensionally designed by the remote hackers to extract enormous amount of illegal profit from the victim of the contaminated system. It can easily make its own way to the victimized computer by taking help from the famous shortcomings such as CVE-2017-10271, CVE-2018-1273, CVE-2015-1427 and CVE-2014-3120 in the servers which can easily run on the SQL server, Redis, Spring, Weblogic, Hadoop, ThinkPHP, and ElasticSearch or using weak system confirmation by brutally compelling them with its cracking components.
Dispersal Methods Of PsMiner
PsMiner is a virulent crypto-currency miner that can quietly get encroached into the victimized computer system by using any distributive techniques like corrupted external drives, hacked executable files, pornographic or adult sites, download free things from untrusted websites, peer to peer file sharing network, fake invoices, untrustworthy downloading sources, software bundling method, downloading torrents websites, free file hosting websites, email spam campaigns, reading junked e-mail attachments, online gaming server, untrustworthy third party software down-loader, click commercial ads embedded malicious codes, fake software updater and many more. It was based on Potentially Unwanted Program which is mainly constructed so to mine the Monero crypto-currency and is constantly working to achieve its targeted goal of collecting some confidential informations of the victim.
Drawbacks Of PsMiner
PsMiner is a malicious kind of malware application which can lock down all the crucial files of the users that are stored on the polluted system and is shared with the third party for wrong motives as well as evil intension. It can helps in mining all types of crypto-currency of the victim and even deactivates all the security applications like firewall protection mechanisms and anti-virus programs of the infected machines.
How To Eliminate PsMiner
By using any reputed anti-malware removal solutions like either automatic or manual tool it really became an easy process to eliminate PsMiner from the compromised computer system as quickly as possible.
A. PsMiner Manual Removal
How to Change the System Folder Settings to view hidden files
On Windows 7 | Vista
Windows Logo button is to be selected and then you need to Open Windows Explorer.
Click on Organize selecting Folder and Search Options.
Now Click on View Tab and select Show hidden files and folders Option to view PsMiner related files.
Click on OK to Apply
On Windows 8
Select on Windows + E keys in combination on the keyboard.
Click on View Tab option
File name Extensions along with hidden items is to be checked
Step 2: Delete PsMiner Related Files in Hidden Folders as given
- %Temp%\[adware name]
- %AppData%\[adware name]
- %LocalAppData%\[adware name]
- %LocalAppData%\[adware name].exe
- %CommonAppData%\[adware name]
Step 3 : Remove PsMiner Related Registry Files on Windows
First, Open Registry Editor
On Windows 7| Vista
Click on Start Button
Select on Run Button
Finally Click on OK button
On Windows 8 Computer
Click on Win [Window Key] + R in Combination on Keyboard
Type regedit.exe in dialog box and press OK.
Confirm OK to open the registry editor.
Look for PsMiner related files and entries created in Win Registry.
Note: This step is only suitable for users having Technical Skills, if you delete any other entries other than PsMiner, it will permanently damage your PC.
B. PsMiner Removal from Windows OS
How to Uninstall PsMiner related program on PC
on Windows 10
1. On Win 10 Screen, Click on Start Menu and Select All apps.
this will show entire list of apps installed on Win 10, Find PsMiner or any other suspicious program from the list. Right Click on the Selected item to uninstall it.
On Win 7 | Vista
- Select and Click on the Start Button and Click on Control Panel using Start Menu.
2. You need to Select Uninstall Program under the Program Category in Control Panel.
3. Using the Window, Program and Features option, select Installed on to view all the recently installed programs, Now uninstall PsMiner or any other suspicious programs.
From window 8 PC
1. Press Windows key + I simultaneously , then open Setting Bar, click Control Panel to open it
2. Under Programs category, select Uninstall a program
3. Search PsMiner program in Program and Features window, then click on Uninstall
Step 2:- Uninstall PsMiner toolbar, add-on, plug-in and extension from browser IE/Microsoft Edge/Firefox/Google Chrome
From Chrome Browser
1. On Chrome browser, select menu
2. Select Advanced Settings option
3. Click on Extension
4. To remove PsMiner extension, click on Trash icon
5. Select the Remove option in dialog box
From Microsoft Edge Browser
( Microsoft Edge does not support extension, now you have to just reset the search engine and homepage of Edge browser)
1. Set homepage on Edge browser to remove PsMiner
On address bar click More(..), and then select Settings option
3. View Advanced Settings for specific page, to set homepage to Open with option
4. To set your own homepage click on Custom, the then type URL of your own homepage
2. To remove PsMiner set default Search Engine
- On address bar click More(..), and then select Settings option
- select the View advanced settings option
- Select “Search in the address bar with”, then enter the search engine by clicking on <Add new> option, then click on Add as default
- Custom option is to be selected, enter the URL of the homepage to be set as
From IE Browser
1. To open Manage add-ons on your IE browser, click on Tools button
2. Select Toolbars and Extensions, them make a selection of PsMiner to remove it
3. Now click on Reset button to remove PsMiner add-ons
From Firefox browser
1. To open Add-on Manager tab, select Menu button, and then click on Add-ons
2. Click Extensions
3. Select Remove or Disable button
How to Remove PsMiner Automatically
Well, in the fast growing technology and day by day increasing malicious activities of cyber criminals, it is necessary for every computer user to protect their PC from PsMiner. You must own a best removal tool which can provide safety and security to your windows machine. PsMiner Free Scanner is one of the best tool which is capable to detect PsMiner or any malware completely from compromised machine. However you need to purchase its licensed version to delete PsMiner completely.
|French||Retirer PsMiner de Safari|
|German||Löschen PsMiner In einfachen Klicks|
|Polish||Pozbyć się PsMiner z Opera : Naprawić PsMiner|
|Portuguese||Passos simples para Desinstalar PsMiner|
|Italian||PsMiner Disinstallazione: Guida completa a Rimuovere PsMiner In semplici passi|
|Spanish||Eliminación PsMiner Instantáneamente|
|Danish||PsMiner Sletning: Hvordan Afinstaller PsMiner Fuldstændig|
|Dutch||Verwijderen PsMiner Helemaal|
User Guide : Automatic PsMiner Free Scanner
Step 1 Download the software and now install it on your computer. Click on “Scan Computer” to detect presence of PsMiner and its harmful traces.
Step 2 Scan in progress can be viewed
Step 3 Use System Guard feature to block entry of PsMiner and its infectious files.
Step 4 HelpDesk is an additional feature which is can sort out all your troubles usually you face when PC is infected with PsMiner
Step 5 PsMiner Free Scanner has Network Sentry feature which helps to block modification done through Internet connectivity on your computer system.
Step 6 Enable Scan Scheduler feature on your computer to perform scanning at pre set time like daily, weekly or monthly.