This post is all about WORM_COINMINER, so that users can get familiar with all aspects related to worm. Here, users will know actually what is WORM_COINMINER, how it enters inside the machine, how does it harm PC and most importantly how can you get rid of WORM_COINMINER. Go through this post throughly.
Researchers Report On WORM_COINMINER
WORM_COINMINER is identified as a worst worm infection that compromises almost all windows based system for mining the digital money including Monero, Zcash, Litecoin, Bitcoin, Ethereum or DarkCoin without users awareness. After arriving on users machine, it immediately drops %User Temp%\pools.txt file which is usually located at C:\Documents and Settings\user name\Local Settings\Temp and C:\Users\user name\AppData\Local\Temp. After that it creates copies of itself and drop it in all physical and removable drives. Apart from these, it do series of malevolent actions and causes serious troubles for the affected users.
|Technical Details of WORM_COINMINER|
|Alias||Trojan.Bitcoinminer, Trojan.Win32.CoinMiner and Trojan:Win32/CoinMiner.BB!bit|
|Affected OS||Windows 32 & 64|
|Discovered on||May 18, 2017|
|File Size||1,606,144 bytes|
|Description||WORM_COINMINER is worst worm infection that arrives on user machine silently as a file dropped by another malicious malware or a file downloaded by users unknowingly.|
|Primary Aim||Creates copies of itself and spread over the entire PC.|
|Removal Recommendation||To delete WORM_COINMINER, system users must download Windows Scanner Tool on their machine.|
Ways Through Which WORM_COINMINER Spreads Over PC
Being a member of the dangerous worm infection, WORM_COINMINER uses various deceptive ways to infect users machine but it is mainly distributed over the PC via hacked site or spam email. The con artist of such an infection often distribute the payload of this malware into users inbox and then urges them into opening it. When users download any suspicious attachment or third-party package then their PC may easily get victimized by WORM_COINMINER malware. The another deceptive channels of WORM_COINMINER are bundling method, drive-by-downloads, torrent downloads, hacked website, P2P file sharing website, pirated software, fake installer etc.
Risks Brought To You By WORM_COINMINER
- Executes several unfamiliar processes in the Windows Task Manager.
- Reduces the overall speed of Computer and Network.
- Opens System backdoor for the intrusion of another viruses.
- Highly consumes CPU and GPU resources.
- Throws several fake messages, notifications or alerts on users machine.
- Makes targeted machine vulnerable after exploiting vulnerabilities etc.
A. WORM_COINMINER Manual Removal
How to Change the System Folder Settings to view hidden files
On Windows 7 | Vista
Windows Logo button is to be selected and then you need to Open Windows Explorer.
Click on Organize selecting Folder and Search Options.
Now Click on View Tab and select Show hidden files and folders Option to view WORM_COINMINER related files.
Click on OK to Apply
On Windows 8
Select on Windows + E keys in combination on the keyboard.
Click on View Tab option
File name Extensions along with hidden items is to be checked
Step 2: Delete WORM_COINMINER Related Files in Hidden Folders as given
- %Temp%\[adware name]
- %AppData%\[adware name]
- %LocalAppData%\[adware name]
- %LocalAppData%\[adware name].exe
- %CommonAppData%\[adware name]
Step 3 : Remove WORM_COINMINER Related Registry Files on Windows
First, Open Registry Editor
On Windows 7| Vista
Click on Start Button
Select on Run Button
Finally Click on OK button
On Windows 8 Computer
Click on Win [Window Key] + R in Combination on Keyboard
Type regedit.exe in dialog box and press OK.
Confirm OK to open the registry editor.
Look for WORM_COINMINER related files and entries created in Win Registry.
Note: This step is only suitable for users having Technical Skills, if you delete any other entries other than WORM_COINMINER, it will permanently damage your PC.
B. WORM_COINMINER Removal from Windows OS
How to Uninstall WORM_COINMINER related program on PC
on Windows 10
1. On Win 10 Screen, Click on Start Menu and Select All apps.
this will show entire list of apps installed on Win 10, Find WORM_COINMINER or any other suspicious program from the list. Right Click on the Selected item to uninstall it.
On Win 7 | Vista
- Select and Click on the Start Button and Click on Control Panel using Start Menu.
2. You need to Select Uninstall Program under the Program Category in Control Panel.
3. Using the Window, Program and Features option, select Installed on to view all the recently installed programs, Now uninstall WORM_COINMINER or any other suspicious programs.
From window 8 PC
1. Press Windows key + I simultaneously , then open Setting Bar, click Control Panel to open it
2. Under Programs category, select Uninstall a program
3. Search WORM_COINMINER program in Program and Features window, then click on Uninstall
Step 2:- Uninstall WORM_COINMINER toolbar, add-on, plug-in and extension from browser IE/Microsoft Edge/Firefox/Google Chrome
From Chrome Browser
1. On Chrome browser, select menu
2. Select Advanced Settings option
3. Click on Extension
4. To remove WORM_COINMINER extension, click on Trash icon
5. Select the Remove option in dialog box
From Microsoft Edge Browser
( Microsoft Edge does not support extension, now you have to just reset the search engine and homepage of Edge browser)
1. Set homepage on Edge browser to remove WORM_COINMINER
On address bar click More(..), and then select Settings option
3. View Advanced Settings for specific page, to set homepage to Open with option
4. To set your own homepage click on Custom, the then type URL of your own homepage
2. To remove WORM_COINMINER set default Search Engine
- On address bar click More(..), and then select Settings option
- select the View advanced settings option
- Select “Search in the address bar with”, then enter the search engine by clicking on <Add new> option, then click on Add as default
- Custom option is to be selected, enter the URL of the homepage to be set as
From IE Browser
1. To open Manage add-ons on your IE browser, click on Tools button
2. Select Toolbars and Extensions, them make a selection of WORM_COINMINER to remove it
3. Now click on Reset button to remove WORM_COINMINER add-ons
From Firefox browser
1. To open Add-on Manager tab, select Menu button, and then click on Add-ons
2. Click Extensions
3. Select Remove or Disable button
How to Remove WORM_COINMINER Automatically
Well, in the fast growing technology and day by day increasing malicious activities of cyber criminals, it is necessary for every computer user to protect their PC from WORM_COINMINER. You must own a best removal tool which can provide safety and security to your windows machine. WORM_COINMINER Free Scanner is one of the best tool which is capable to detect WORM_COINMINER or any malware completely from compromised machine. However you need to purchase its licensed version to delete WORM_COINMINER completely.
|French||Effacer WORM_COINMINER de Opera : Retirer WORM_COINMINER|
|German||Deinstallieren WORM_COINMINER von Safari : Abschaffen WORM_COINMINER|
|Polish||Pozbyć się WORM_COINMINER z łatwością|
|Portuguese||Livrar-se de WORM_COINMINER de Firefox|
|Italian||Liberarsi di WORM_COINMINER Con successo|
|Spanish||Desinstalar WORM_COINMINER de Firefox : Borrar WORM_COINMINER|
|Danish||Fjerne WORM_COINMINER fra Opera|
|Dutch||Desinstallatie WORM_COINMINER van Safari : Uitrukken WORM_COINMINER|
User Guide : Automatic WORM_COINMINER Free Scanner
Step 1 Download the software and now install it on your computer. Click on “Scan Computer” to detect presence of WORM_COINMINER and its harmful traces.
Step 2 Scan in progress can be viewed
Step 3 Use System Guard feature to block entry of WORM_COINMINER and its infectious files.
Step 4 HelpDesk is an additional feature which is can sort out all your troubles usually you face when PC is infected with WORM_COINMINER
Step 5 WORM_COINMINER Free Scanner has Network Sentry feature which helps to block modification done through Internet connectivity on your computer system.
Step 6 Enable Scan Scheduler feature on your computer to perform scanning at pre set time like daily, weekly or monthly.