This post is written to help PC users to remove PUP.Optional.APNToolBar.Gen from their infected system completely by following below given removal steps.
The Real Reason Behind Creation Of PUP.Optional.APNToolBar.Gen
PUP.Optional.APNToolBar.Gen is a kind of suspicious piece of software that is developed by Ask Partner Network (APN) toolbar. It is typically identified by the red ask icon. Due to this it is deemed as a Potentially Unwanted Program (PUP) that perform various dubious actions once installed on system. This may be a piece of software that might be installed by the users on their systems together with the third party free downloaded software. Once it installed on your system then it mostly target the Internet browsers such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer, Opera, MS-Edge to make various changes into their settings to replace home page and search engine provider with some perilous webpages that might be malicious. It also perform dubious activities by altering system settings and also try to make system's startup to initialize automatically with every boot of infected system. It can also steal your secret credentials by collecting sensitive information.
PUP.Optional.APNToolBar.Gen : Short Description
PUP (Potentially Unwanted Program)
Slow system performance, fake links or ads, browser reset etc.
Bundles of freeware or shareware, corrupt links, intrusive advertisements etc.
Symptoms That Indicates Attack Of PUP.Optional.APNToolBar.Gen
- You may notice modified home page, start page and search engine.
- Making redirections on unknown websites.
- Enormous display of unwanted advertisements or pop-ups.
- Open itself into new tab page and browser tabs.
Propagation Ways Used By PUP.Optional.APNToolBar.Gen To Get Into Your System
Generally this PUP.Optional.APNToolBar.Gen kinds of PUPs gets into your system along with the installers of third party programs which hides their installation list to install addition on system. The additional might be the infection. So you should always use "Custom" screen for newer installations. Some more ways are through opening of spam email attachments with infected attachments, suspicious advertisements, infected links, fake updates and so on.
Therefore if you really want to get rid of this unwanted system program then use a reliable anti-malware to remove PUP.Optional.APNToolBar.Gen from compromised system permanently.
A. PUP.Optional.APNToolBar.Gen Manual Removal
How to Change the System Folder Settings to view hidden files
On Windows 7 | Vista
Windows Logo button is to be selected and then you need to Open Windows Explorer.
Click on Organize selecting Folder and Search Options.
Now Click on View Tab and select Show hidden files and folders Option to view PUP.Optional.APNToolBar.Gen related files.
Click on OK to Apply
On Windows 8
Select on Windows + E keys in combination on the keyboard.
Click on View Tab option
File name Extensions along with hidden items is to be checked
Step 2: Delete PUP.Optional.APNToolBar.Gen Related Files in Hidden Folders as given
- %Temp%\[adware name]
- %AppData%\[adware name]
- %LocalAppData%\[adware name]
- %LocalAppData%\[adware name].exe
- %CommonAppData%\[adware name]
Step 3 : Remove PUP.Optional.APNToolBar.Gen Related Registry Files on Windows
First, Open Registry Editor
On Windows 7| Vista
Click on Start Button
Select on Run Button
Finally Click on OK button
On Windows 8 Computer
Click on Win [Window Key] + R in Combination on Keyboard
Type regedit.exe in dialog box and press OK.
Confirm OK to open the registry editor.
Look for PUP.Optional.APNToolBar.Gen related files and entries created in Win Registry.
Note: This step is only suitable for users having Technical Skills, if you delete any other entries other than PUP.Optional.APNToolBar.Gen, it will permanently damage your PC.
B. PUP.Optional.APNToolBar.Gen Removal from Windows OS
How to Uninstall PUP.Optional.APNToolBar.Gen related program on PC
on Windows 10
1. On Win 10 Screen, Click on Start Menu and Select All apps.
this will show entire list of apps installed on Win 10, Find PUP.Optional.APNToolBar.Gen or any other suspicious program from the list. Right Click on the Selected item to uninstall it.
On Win 7 | Vista
- Select and Click on the Start Button and Click on Control Panel using Start Menu.
2. You need to Select Uninstall Program under the Program Category in Control Panel.
3. Using the Window, Program and Features option, select Installed on to view all the recently installed programs, Now uninstall PUP.Optional.APNToolBar.Gen or any other suspicious programs.
From window 8 PC
1. Press Windows key + I simultaneously , then open Setting Bar, click Control Panel to open it
2. Under Programs category, select Uninstall a program
3. Search PUP.Optional.APNToolBar.Gen program in Program and Features window, then click on Uninstall
Step 2:- Uninstall PUP.Optional.APNToolBar.Gen toolbar, add-on, plug-in and extension from browser IE/Microsoft Edge/Firefox/Google Chrome
From Chrome Browser
1. On Chrome browser, select menu
2. Select Advanced Settings option
3. Click on Extension
4. To remove PUP.Optional.APNToolBar.Gen extension, click on Trash icon
5. Select the Remove option in dialog box
From Microsoft Edge Browser
( Microsoft Edge does not support extension, now you have to just reset the search engine and homepage of Edge browser)
1. Set homepage on Edge browser to remove PUP.Optional.APNToolBar.Gen
On address bar click More(..), and then select Settings option
3. View Advanced Settings for specific page, to set homepage to Open with option
4. To set your own homepage click on Custom, the then type URL of your own homepage
2. To remove PUP.Optional.APNToolBar.Gen set default Search Engine
- On address bar click More(..), and then select Settings option
- select the View advanced settings option
- Select “Search in the address bar with”, then enter the search engine by clicking on <Add new> option, then click on Add as default
- Custom option is to be selected, enter the URL of the homepage to be set as
From IE Browser
1. To open Manage add-ons on your IE browser, click on Tools button
2. Select Toolbars and Extensions, them make a selection of PUP.Optional.APNToolBar.Gen to remove it
3. Now click on Reset button to remove PUP.Optional.APNToolBar.Gen add-ons
From Firefox browser
1. To open Add-on Manager tab, select Menu button, and then click on Add-ons
2. Click Extensions
3. Select Remove or Disable button
Simple Steps To Delete PUP.Optional.APNToolBar.Gen
|French||Désinstaller PUP.Optional.APNToolBar.Gen de Opera : Effacer PUP.Optional.APNToolBar.Gen|
|German||Löschen PUP.Optional.APNToolBar.Gen Sofort|
|Polish||Usunięciem PUP.Optional.APNToolBar.Gen W kilku prostych krokach|
|Portuguese||Tutorial para Excluir PUP.Optional.APNToolBar.Gen|
|Italian||guide To Elimina PUP.Optional.APNToolBar.Gen da Safari|
|Spanish||Desinstalar PUP.Optional.APNToolBar.Gen de Internet Explorer|
|Japanese||削除 PUP.Optional.APNToolBar.Gen 完全に|
|Dutch||Het verwijderen PUP.Optional.APNToolBar.Gen In Slechts Enkele Stappen|
|Danish||PUP.Optional.APNToolBar.Gen Sletning: Trin for trin guide til Slip af med PUP.Optional.APNToolBar.Gen I Enkle Trin|
How to Remove PUP.Optional.APNToolBar.Gen Automatically
Well, in the fast growing technology and day by day increasing malicious activities of cyber criminals, it is necessary for every computer user to protect their PC from PUP.Optional.APNToolBar.Gen. You must own a best removal tool which can provide safety and security to your windows machine. PUP.Optional.APNToolBar.Gen Free Scanner is one of the best tool which is capable to detect PUP.Optional.APNToolBar.Gen or any malware completely from compromised machine. However you need to purchase its licensed version to delete PUP.Optional.APNToolBar.Gen completely.
User Guide : Automatic PUP.Optional.APNToolBar.Gen Free Scanner
Step 1 Download the software and now install it on your computer. Click on “Scan Computer” to detect presence of PUP.Optional.APNToolBar.Gen and its harmful traces.
Step 2 Scan in progress can be viewed
Step 3 Use System Guard feature to block entry of PUP.Optional.APNToolBar.Gen and its infectious files.
Step 4 HelpDesk is an additional feature which is can sort out all your troubles usually you face when PC is infected with PUP.Optional.APNToolBar.Gen
Step 5 PUP.Optional.APNToolBar.Gen Free Scanner has Network Sentry feature which helps to block modification done through Internet connectivity on your computer system.
Step 6 Enable Scan Scheduler feature on your computer to perform scanning at pre set time like daily, weekly or monthly.