This post is all about the old member of Trojan family named Sality Trojan. If you are a regular System user and really want to get complete information of Sality Trojan and it's deletion guide then read this post completely and follow the provided ransomware removal instruction as in the exact order.
What is Sality Trojan?
Sality Trojan is one of the most notorious, dangerous, harmful or vicious member of Trojan family that infects files stored in MS Windows System. First of all, this malware was discovered in 2003 but it is still active in these days because its developer continually updated it and add some new great features. This malware is mainly originated from Russia but it has evolved a lot over these years which as a result several variations of malware exhibits various characteristics. Since 2010, the variant of Sality Trojan have incorporated use of the rootkit functions as part of an evolution of malware family. In this date, Sality Trojan is regarded as the most formidable and complex malware just because of its capabilities and the continued development.
How does Sality Trojan work on affected machine?
Sality Trojan is mainly known to infect the executable files of PC. Some of the variant of this malware mainly put special DLL file on affected machine within %SYSTEM% folder. However, some of them load the malicious code directly in System memory. The injected malicious code often varies based on infiltrated malware. It automatically connects users PC to a botnet and opens System backdoor to inject other malicious threats inside the PC. According to the depth analysis by researcher, Sality Trojan is really very harmful for affected machine. This is why, System users must take an immediate action to delete Sality Trojan.
What are the symptoms of Sality Trojan?
There are several symptoms of Sality Trojan through which you can easily recognize the presence of such a malware inside your PC but some of the most common are as follows :
- Disables firewall settings as well as security measures.
- Prevents affected users from accessing PC or installed files.
- Delete security related processes, files and services.
- Downpours System as well as Internet working speed.
- Alters users existing settings etc.
What are the potential sources of Sality Trojan attack?
- P2P network
- Network shares
- Removable drives
- Contaminated devices
- Bundling method
- Pirated software
- Suspicious domain
- Fake software updater, torrent downloads, third-party links etc.
A. Sality Trojan Manual Removal
How to Change the System Folder Settings to view hidden files
On Windows 7 | Vista
Windows Logo button is to be selected and then you need to Open Windows Explorer.
Click on Organize selecting Folder and Search Options.
Now Click on View Tab and select Show hidden files and folders Option to view Sality Trojan related files.
Click on OK to Apply
On Windows 8
Select on Windows + E keys in combination on the keyboard.
Click on View Tab option
File name Extensions along with hidden items is to be checked
Step 2: Delete Sality Trojan Related Files in Hidden Folders as given
- %Temp%\[adware name]
- %AppData%\[adware name]
- %LocalAppData%\[adware name]
- %LocalAppData%\[adware name].exe
- %CommonAppData%\[adware name]
Step 3 : Remove Sality Trojan Related Registry Files on Windows
First, Open Registry Editor
On Windows 7| Vista
Click on Start Button
Select on Run Button
Finally Click on OK button
On Windows 8 Computer
Click on Win [Window Key] + R in Combination on Keyboard
Type regedit.exe in dialog box and press OK.
Confirm OK to open the registry editor.
Look for Sality Trojan related files and entries created in Win Registry.
Note: This step is only suitable for users having Technical Skills, if you delete any other entries other than Sality Trojan, it will permanently damage your PC.
B. Sality Trojan Removal from Windows OS
How to Uninstall Sality Trojan related program on PC
on Windows 10
1. On Win 10 Screen, Click on Start Menu and Select All apps.
this will show entire list of apps installed on Win 10, Find Sality Trojan or any other suspicious program from the list. Right Click on the Selected item to uninstall it.
On Win 7 | Vista
- Select and Click on the Start Button and Click on Control Panel using Start Menu.
2. You need to Select Uninstall Program under the Program Category in Control Panel.
3. Using the Window, Program and Features option, select Installed on to view all the recently installed programs, Now uninstall Sality Trojan or any other suspicious programs.
From window 8 PC
1. Press Windows key + I simultaneously , then open Setting Bar, click Control Panel to open it
2. Under Programs category, select Uninstall a program
3. Search Sality Trojan program in Program and Features window, then click on Uninstall
Step 2:- Uninstall Sality Trojan toolbar, add-on, plug-in and extension from browser IE/Microsoft Edge/Firefox/Google Chrome
From Chrome Browser
1. On Chrome browser, select menu
2. Select Advanced Settings option
3. Click on Extension
4. To remove Sality Trojan extension, click on Trash icon
5. Select the Remove option in dialog box
From Microsoft Edge Browser
( Microsoft Edge does not support extension, now you have to just reset the search engine and homepage of Edge browser)
1. Set homepage on Edge browser to remove Sality Trojan
On address bar click More(..), and then select Settings option
3. View Advanced Settings for specific page, to set homepage to Open with option
4. To set your own homepage click on Custom, the then type URL of your own homepage
2. To remove Sality Trojan set default Search Engine
- On address bar click More(..), and then select Settings option
- select the View advanced settings option
- Select “Search in the address bar with”, then enter the search engine by clicking on <Add new> option, then click on Add as default
- Custom option is to be selected, enter the URL of the homepage to be set as
From IE Browser
1. To open Manage add-ons on your IE browser, click on Tools button
2. Select Toolbars and Extensions, them make a selection of Sality Trojan to remove it
3. Now click on Reset button to remove Sality Trojan add-ons
From Firefox browser
1. To open Add-on Manager tab, select Menu button, and then click on Add-ons
2. Click Extensions
3. Select Remove or Disable button
How to Remove Sality Trojan Automatically
Well, in the fast growing technology and day by day increasing malicious activities of cyber criminals, it is necessary for every computer user to protect their PC from Sality Trojan. You must own a best removal tool which can provide safety and security to your windows machine. Sality Trojan Free Scanner is one of the best tool which is capable to detect Sality Trojan or any malware completely from compromised machine. However you need to purchase its licensed version to delete Sality Trojan completely.
|French||Sality Trojan Suppression: Simple Étapes À Se Débarrasser De Sality Trojan En quelques instants|
|German||Sality Trojan Deinstallation: Führer zu Löschen Sality Trojan In einfachen Schritten|
|Polish||wskazówek, które Usunąć Sality Trojan|
|Portuguese||Sality Trojan Remoção: Guia fácil para Excluir Sality Trojan Em cliques simples|
|Italian||Sality Trojan Cancellazione: Semplici passi per Liberarsi di Sality Trojan In pochi passi|
|Spanish||Sality Trojan Supresión: Guía fácil para Desinstalar Sality Trojan A mano|
|Danish||Sletning Sality Trojan Let|
|Dutch||Gids naar Verwijderen Sality Trojan van Chrome|
User Guide : Automatic Sality Trojan Free Scanner
Step 1 Download the software and now install it on your computer. Click on “Scan Computer” to detect presence of Sality Trojan and its harmful traces.
Step 2 Scan in progress can be viewed
Step 3 Use System Guard feature to block entry of Sality Trojan and its infectious files.
Step 4 HelpDesk is an additional feature which is can sort out all your troubles usually you face when PC is infected with Sality Trojan
Step 5 Sality Trojan Free Scanner has Network Sentry feature which helps to block modification done through Internet connectivity on your computer system.
Step 6 Enable Scan Scheduler feature on your computer to perform scanning at pre set time like daily, weekly or monthly.