CODECFIX.EXE is a malicious executable file that aim to harm Windows machine. If such an executable file are executed on your PC then it is clear that your PC is contaminated with a Trojan infection. Well, no need to be panic because there is an appropriate way through which you can easily get rid of CODECFIX.EXE from your compromised or affected Windows machine.
Technical Details of CODECFIX.EXE
|Affected Systems||Windows OS|
|Located At||Sub-folder of C:\Program Files|
|File Size||210,944 bytes|
|Description||CODECFIX.EXE is a notorious executable file designed and created by the group of cyber criminals just only to earn money from the victims.|
|Occurrences||via Spam campaigns, torrent downloads, gambling sites, pirated software, exploit kits, drive-by-downloads, contaminated devices etc.|
|The deletion of CODECFIX.EXE is highly possible using Windows Scanner Tool – download it on your PC.|
All Horrible Things of CODECFIX.EXE That You Must Know
CODECFIX.EXE is another vicious, dangerous and notorious Trojan infection which has the capability to infect your Windows machine and cause several damages in just short period of time. Being distributed by the online spammers, it is designed in such a way that it can easily compromise all version of System executing on Windows based platform. According to the security experts, it is one of the critical System infection which has capability to cause several serious corruption issues. Some of it's negative traits are :
- Corrupts users crucial System files and registry entries.
- Downpours Computer and Internet speed by consuming too much resources and memory space.
- Blocks users to access the important features of PC including Task Manager, Control Panel and Registry Editor.
- Keep freezing up PC and display several unexpected errors and messages.
- Disables firewall settings and all security measures.
- Gathers users all personal data and sent them to remote attackers.
Tips To Protect PC Against CODECFIX.EXE
- Install a well reputed and trusted anti-virus tool.
- Keep your Operating System and application always up-to-date.
- Don't open any spam message or dubious attachment arrived to your inbox from unknown sender.
- Avoid yourself from clicking on any suspicious ads or links.
- Always use Custom/Advanced installation mode instead of Typical/Default one.
- Keep a backup of your all System files and data regularly.
A. CODECFIX.EXE Manual Removal
How to Change the System Folder Settings to view hidden files
On Windows 7 | Vista
Windows Logo button is to be selected and then you need to Open Windows Explorer.
Click on Organize selecting Folder and Search Options.
Now Click on View Tab and select Show hidden files and folders Option to view CODECFIX.EXE related files.
Click on OK to Apply
On Windows 8
Select on Windows + E keys in combination on the keyboard.
Click on View Tab option
File name Extensions along with hidden items is to be checked
Step 2: Delete CODECFIX.EXE Related Files in Hidden Folders as given
- %Temp%\[adware name]
- %AppData%\[adware name]
- %LocalAppData%\[adware name]
- %LocalAppData%\[adware name].exe
- %CommonAppData%\[adware name]
Step 3 : Remove CODECFIX.EXE Related Registry Files on Windows
First, Open Registry Editor
On Windows 7| Vista
Click on Start Button
Select on Run Button
Finally Click on OK button
On Windows 8 Computer
Click on Win [Window Key] + R in Combination on Keyboard
Type regedit.exe in dialog box and press OK.
Confirm OK to open the registry editor.
Look for CODECFIX.EXE related files and entries created in Win Registry.
Note: This step is only suitable for users having Technical Skills, if you delete any other entries other than CODECFIX.EXE, it will permanently damage your PC.
B. CODECFIX.EXE Removal from Windows OS
How to Uninstall CODECFIX.EXE related program on PC
on Windows 10
1. On Win 10 Screen, Click on Start Menu and Select All apps.
this will show entire list of apps installed on Win 10, Find CODECFIX.EXE or any other suspicious program from the list. Right Click on the Selected item to uninstall it.
On Win 7 | Vista
- Select and Click on the Start Button and Click on Control Panel using Start Menu.
2. You need to Select Uninstall Program under the Program Category in Control Panel.
3. Using the Window, Program and Features option, select Installed on to view all the recently installed programs, Now uninstall CODECFIX.EXE or any other suspicious programs.
From window 8 PC
1. Press Windows key + I simultaneously , then open Setting Bar, click Control Panel to open it
2. Under Programs category, select Uninstall a program
3. Search CODECFIX.EXE program in Program and Features window, then click on Uninstall
Step 2:- Uninstall CODECFIX.EXE toolbar, add-on, plug-in and extension from browser IE/Microsoft Edge/Firefox/Google Chrome
From Chrome Browser
1. On Chrome browser, select menu
2. Select Advanced Settings option
3. Click on Extension
4. To remove CODECFIX.EXE extension, click on Trash icon
5. Select the Remove option in dialog box
From Microsoft Edge Browser
( Microsoft Edge does not support extension, now you have to just reset the search engine and homepage of Edge browser)
1. Set homepage on Edge browser to remove CODECFIX.EXE
On address bar click More(..), and then select Settings option
3. View Advanced Settings for specific page, to set homepage to Open with option
4. To set your own homepage click on Custom, the then type URL of your own homepage
2. To remove CODECFIX.EXE set default Search Engine
- On address bar click More(..), and then select Settings option
- select the View advanced settings option
- Select “Search in the address bar with”, then enter the search engine by clicking on <Add new> option, then click on Add as default
- Custom option is to be selected, enter the URL of the homepage to be set as
From IE Browser
1. To open Manage add-ons on your IE browser, click on Tools button
2. Select Toolbars and Extensions, them make a selection of CODECFIX.EXE to remove it
3. Now click on Reset button to remove CODECFIX.EXE add-ons
From Firefox browser
1. To open Add-on Manager tab, select Menu button, and then click on Add-ons
2. Click Extensions
3. Select Remove or Disable button
How to Remove CODECFIX.EXE Automatically
Well, in the fast growing technology and day by day increasing malicious activities of cyber criminals, it is necessary for every computer user to protect their PC from CODECFIX.EXE. You must own a best removal tool which can provide safety and security to your windows machine. CODECFIX.EXE Free Scanner is one of the best tool which is capable to detect CODECFIX.EXE or any malware completely from compromised machine. However you need to purchase its licensed version to delete CODECFIX.EXE completely.
|French||CODECFIX.EXE Désinstallation: Aider À Effacer CODECFIX.EXE Manuellement|
|German||Entfernen CODECFIX.EXE von Safari : Mache weg mit CODECFIX.EXE|
|Polish||Pozbyć się CODECFIX.EXE Całkowicie|
|Portuguese||Passos rápidos para Excluir CODECFIX.EXE de Internet Explorer|
|Italian||Eliminazione CODECFIX.EXE In pochi passi|
|Spanish||CODECFIX.EXE Desinstalación: Manera eficaz de Retirar CODECFIX.EXE Instantáneamente|
|Danish||Slet CODECFIX.EXE Let|
|Dutch||CODECFIX.EXE Verwijdering: Instructievideo To Verwijder CODECFIX.EXE Met Succes|
User Guide : Automatic CODECFIX.EXE Free Scanner
Step 1 Download the software and now install it on your computer. Click on “Scan Computer” to detect presence of CODECFIX.EXE and its harmful traces.
Step 2 Scan in progress can be viewed
Step 3 Use System Guard feature to block entry of CODECFIX.EXE and its infectious files.
Step 4 HelpDesk is an additional feature which is can sort out all your troubles usually you face when PC is infected with CODECFIX.EXE
Step 5 CODECFIX.EXE Free Scanner has Network Sentry feature which helps to block modification done through Internet connectivity on your computer system.
Step 6 Enable Scan Scheduler feature on your computer to perform scanning at pre set time like daily, weekly or monthly.