Checkspeedsearch.com : More info on it
- Name – Checkspeedsearch.com
- Type – Browser Hijacker
- Risk – Medium
- IP address – 22.214.171.124
- Created – 22/03/2016
- Expires – 22/03/2018
- Updated – 05/02/2017
- Symptoms – Hijacks browsers, reset settings of browsers, redirections etc.
- Delivery – Free downloads, spam emails, fake links etc.
- Infected OS – Windows
Checkspeedsearch.com : Do you know annoying things about it
Checkspeedsearch.com is a dubious web domain which is promoted as a legit search engine by their developers. In reality it is a fake Internet search engine which falsely claims to enhance your surfing experience by providing some attractive services like quick or relevant search results, enhancement in download speed and allows users to check or test their Internet speed. In initial view it may seem legit and useful but later on it start to generate many of mischievous PC problems that can damage your machine. It attack on your browsers such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer, Edge, and Opera to alter their settings to replace home page and search engine with some malicious sites to make redirections on it. Due to these annoying activities it is classified as a browser hijacker. It steal your privacy by collecting your online presence, system activities, and other confidential details like password, emails, online transactions and so on.
Checkspeedsearch.com : Possible Distribution Ways
Checkspeedsearch.com also follows very common delivery method as most of the hijacker do. The developers drop infection files into the installers of third party software which hide their installations just because they installed some additional system program along with the source one which might be the hijacker. So you should always use "Custom or Advanced" screen to install new programs and also check their installation list and if found anything dissimilar then stop the installation immediately. Some more ways are through spam emails, fake update links, pirated downloads and so on.
Hence, its better to remove Checkspeedsearch.com from infected system as soon as possible using a credible anti-malware. Because if it stays longer on PC then it might damage your machine permanently.
A. Checkspeedsearch.com Manual Removal
How to Change the System Folder Settings to view hidden files
On Windows 7 | Vista
Windows Logo button is to be selected and then you need to Open Windows Explorer.
Click on Organize selecting Folder and Search Options.
Now Click on View Tab and select Show hidden files and folders Option to view Checkspeedsearch.com related files.
Click on OK to Apply
On Windows 8
Select on Windows + E keys in combination on the keyboard.
Click on View Tab option
File name Extensions along with hidden items is to be checked
Step 2: Delete Checkspeedsearch.com Related Files in Hidden Folders as given
- %Temp%\[adware name]
- %AppData%\[adware name]
- %LocalAppData%\[adware name]
- %LocalAppData%\[adware name].exe
- %CommonAppData%\[adware name]
Step 3 : Remove Checkspeedsearch.com Related Registry Files on Windows
First, Open Registry Editor
On Windows 7| Vista
Click on Start Button
Select on Run Button
Finally Click on OK button
On Windows 8 Computer
Click on Win [Window Key] + R in Combination on Keyboard
Type regedit.exe in dialog box and press OK.
Confirm OK to open the registry editor.
Look for Checkspeedsearch.com related files and entries created in Win Registry.
Note: This step is only suitable for users having Technical Skills, if you delete any other entries other than Checkspeedsearch.com, it will permanently damage your PC.
B. Checkspeedsearch.com Removal from Windows OS
How to Uninstall Checkspeedsearch.com related program on PC
on Windows 10
1. On Win 10 Screen, Click on Start Menu and Select All apps.
this will show entire list of apps installed on Win 10, Find Checkspeedsearch.com or any other suspicious program from the list. Right Click on the Selected item to uninstall it.
On Win 7 | Vista
- Select and Click on the Start Button and Click on Control Panel using Start Menu.
2. You need to Select Uninstall Program under the Program Category in Control Panel.
3. Using the Window, Program and Features option, select Installed on to view all the recently installed programs, Now uninstall Checkspeedsearch.com or any other suspicious programs.
From window 8 PC
1. Press Windows key + I simultaneously , then open Setting Bar, click Control Panel to open it
2. Under Programs category, select Uninstall a program
3. Search Checkspeedsearch.com program in Program and Features window, then click on Uninstall
Step 2:- Uninstall Checkspeedsearch.com toolbar, add-on, plug-in and extension from browser IE/Microsoft Edge/Firefox/Google Chrome
From Chrome Browser
1. On Chrome browser, select menu
2. Select Advanced Settings option
3. Click on Extension
4. To remove Checkspeedsearch.com extension, click on Trash icon
5. Select the Remove option in dialog box
From Microsoft Edge Browser
( Microsoft Edge does not support extension, now you have to just reset the search engine and homepage of Edge browser)
1. Set homepage on Edge browser to remove Checkspeedsearch.com
On address bar click More(..), and then select Settings option
3. View Advanced Settings for specific page, to set homepage to Open with option
4. To set your own homepage click on Custom, the then type URL of your own homepage
2. To remove Checkspeedsearch.com set default Search Engine
- On address bar click More(..), and then select Settings option
- select the View advanced settings option
- Select “Search in the address bar with”, then enter the search engine by clicking on <Add new> option, then click on Add as default
- Custom option is to be selected, enter the URL of the homepage to be set as
From IE Browser
1. To open Manage add-ons on your IE browser, click on Tools button
2. Select Toolbars and Extensions, them make a selection of Checkspeedsearch.com to remove it
3. Now click on Reset button to remove Checkspeedsearch.com add-ons
From Firefox browser
1. To open Add-on Manager tab, select Menu button, and then click on Add-ons
2. Click Extensions
3. Select Remove or Disable button
How to Remove Checkspeedsearch.com Automatically
Well, in the fast growing technology and day by day increasing malicious activities of cyber criminals, it is necessary for every computer user to protect their PC from Checkspeedsearch.com. You must own a best removal tool which can provide safety and security to your windows machine. Checkspeedsearch.com Free Scanner is one of the best tool which is capable to detect Checkspeedsearch.com or any malware completely from compromised machine. However you need to purchase its licensed version to delete Checkspeedsearch.com completely.
User Guide : Automatic Checkspeedsearch.com Free Scanner
Step 1 Download the software and now install it on your computer. Click on “Scan Computer” to detect presence of Checkspeedsearch.com and its harmful traces.
Step 2 Scan in progress can be viewed
Step 3 Use System Guard feature to block entry of Checkspeedsearch.com and its infectious files.
Step 4 HelpDesk is an additional feature which is can sort out all your troubles usually you face when PC is infected with Checkspeedsearch.com
Step 5 Checkspeedsearch.com Free Scanner has Network Sentry feature which helps to block modification done through Internet connectivity on your computer system.
Step 6 Enable Scan Scheduler feature on your computer to perform scanning at pre set time like daily, weekly or monthly.
Remove Checkspeedsearch.com from Chrome
|French||Supprimer Checkspeedsearch.com Complètement|
|German||Checkspeedsearch.com Entfernung: Schritt für Schritt Anleitung zu Löschen Checkspeedsearch.com Vollständig|
|Polish||Kasować Checkspeedsearch.com z Safari|
|Portuguese||Desinstalar Checkspeedsearch.com de Internet Explorer : Livrar-se de Checkspeedsearch.com|
|Italian||Rimozione Checkspeedsearch.com In pochi passi|
|Spanish||Retirar Checkspeedsearch.com de Chrome|
|Japanese||削除 Checkspeedsearch.com から Internet Explorer|
|Dutch||Verwijder Checkspeedsearch.com van Firefox|
|Danish||Afinstaller Checkspeedsearch.com Fuldstændig|