An explanation of Autohotkey Virus
Autohotkey Virus is a type of scripting language which is used for keyboard and mouse control. Its functions are generally misinterpreted by the antivirus and comes in the category of Trojan virus. It changes the registries and corrupt important directories to initiates its own process. This parasite is meddlesome, unpredictable and sneaky. Once it penetrate successfully into the system, it takes control on user's experience. It affects your daily browsing activities. It opens the fake warning messages, redirect the web traffic and display the pop-ups on your screen. It also affects the system performance and slowdown the internet connection speed. This parasite is nonfunctional and you will not know that what is happening behind with your system behind your back.
Distribution method of Autohotkey Virus
The distribution of Autohotkey Virus is very broad because the cyber criminals use a deceptive technique to penetrate this into your computer. There are several ways to penetrate this virus into your system like spam emails, shareware, peer to peer unsafe file transfer, bundled software, junk attachment sand so on.
The dangerous scenario of the Autohotkey Virus
Autohotkey Virus corrupts your entire system and alter the system settings. It also disable the antivirus and disturb the security of your system. Your firewall also disable to work. It install other viruses like hijackers, adware, spyware, ransomware and even worms.
The hackers make benefits by this trojan virus. They collect your all important information and make money through third party. But, you will lose your data. So, it is very important to block Autohotkey Virus from your computer.
The preventive measures from Autohotkey Virus
Install and run the antivirus and regularly update it to scan this Autohotkey Virus into your system. Use the strong password everywhere it is required. Read the terms and conditions before installing any freeware. Also keep the operating system updated. You should think before going to click on the link and keep the personal information safe. Always take a back up of your file in other external hard drive. You can also follow the instruction here to remove Autohotkey Virus completely from your system.
A. Autohotkey Virus Manual Removal
How to Change the System Folder Settings to view hidden files
On Windows 7 | Vista
Windows Logo button is to be selected and then you need to Open Windows Explorer.
Click on Organize selecting Folder and Search Options.
Now Click on View Tab and select Show hidden files and folders Option to view Autohotkey Virus related files.
Click on OK to Apply
On Windows 8
Select on Windows + E keys in combination on the keyboard.
Click on View Tab option
File name Extensions along with hidden items is to be checked
Step 2: Delete Autohotkey Virus Related Files in Hidden Folders as given
- %Temp%\[adware name]
- %AppData%\[adware name]
- %LocalAppData%\[adware name]
- %LocalAppData%\[adware name].exe
- %CommonAppData%\[adware name]
Step 3 : Remove Autohotkey Virus Related Registry Files on Windows
First, Open Registry Editor
On Windows 7| Vista
Click on Start Button
Select on Run Button
Finally Click on OK button
On Windows 8 Computer
Click on Win [Window Key] + R in Combination on Keyboard
Type regedit.exe in dialog box and press OK.
Confirm OK to open the registry editor.
Look for Autohotkey Virus related files and entries created in Win Registry.
Note: This step is only suitable for users having Technical Skills, if you delete any other entries other than Autohotkey Virus, it will permanently damage your PC.
B. Autohotkey Virus Removal from Windows OS
How to Uninstall Autohotkey Virus related program on PC
on Windows 10
1. On Win 10 Screen, Click on Start Menu and Select All apps.
this will show entire list of apps installed on Win 10, Find Autohotkey Virus or any other suspicious program from the list. Right Click on the Selected item to uninstall it.
On Win 7 | Vista
- Select and Click on the Start Button and Click on Control Panel using Start Menu.
2. You need to Select Uninstall Program under the Program Category in Control Panel.
3. Using the Window, Program and Features option, select Installed on to view all the recently installed programs, Now uninstall Autohotkey Virus or any other suspicious programs.
From window 8 PC
1. Press Windows key + I simultaneously , then open Setting Bar, click Control Panel to open it
2. Under Programs category, select Uninstall a program
3. Search Autohotkey Virus program in Program and Features window, then click on Uninstall
Step 2:- Uninstall Autohotkey Virus toolbar, add-on, plug-in and extension from browser IE/Microsoft Edge/Firefox/Google Chrome
From Chrome Browser
1. On Chrome browser, select menu
2. Select Advanced Settings option
3. Click on Extension
4. To remove Autohotkey Virus extension, click on Trash icon
5. Select the Remove option in dialog box
From Microsoft Edge Browser
( Microsoft Edge does not support extension, now you have to just reset the search engine and homepage of Edge browser)
1. Set homepage on Edge browser to remove Autohotkey Virus
On address bar click More(..), and then select Settings option
3. View Advanced Settings for specific page, to set homepage to Open with option
4. To set your own homepage click on Custom, the then type URL of your own homepage
2. To remove Autohotkey Virus set default Search Engine
- On address bar click More(..), and then select Settings option
- select the View advanced settings option
- Select “Search in the address bar with”, then enter the search engine by clicking on <Add new> option, then click on Add as default
- Custom option is to be selected, enter the URL of the homepage to be set as
From IE Browser
1. To open Manage add-ons on your IE browser, click on Tools button
2. Select Toolbars and Extensions, them make a selection of Autohotkey Virus to remove it
3. Now click on Reset button to remove Autohotkey Virus add-ons
From Firefox browser
1. To open Add-on Manager tab, select Menu button, and then click on Add-ons
2. Click Extensions
3. Select Remove or Disable button
How to Remove Autohotkey Virus Automatically
Well, in the fast growing technology and day by day increasing malicious activities of cyber criminals, it is necessary for every computer user to protect their PC from Autohotkey Virus. You must own a best removal tool which can provide safety and security to your windows machine. Autohotkey Virus Free Scanner is one of the best tool which is capable to detect Autohotkey Virus or any malware completely from compromised machine. However you need to purchase its licensed version to delete Autohotkey Virus completely.
|French||Retirer Autohotkey Virus Complètement|
|German||Löschen Autohotkey Virus von Opera : Verwischen Autohotkey Virus|
|Polish||Usunąć Autohotkey Virus z Firefox : Pozbyć się Autohotkey Virus|
|Portuguese||Melhor maneira de Remover Autohotkey Virus|
|Italian||Rimozione Autohotkey Virus manualmente|
|Spanish||Quitar Autohotkey Virus En solo unos pocos pasos|
|Danish||Løsning Til Afinstaller Autohotkey Virus|
|Dutch||Verwijderen Autohotkey Virus In Slechts Enkele Stappen|
User Guide : Automatic Autohotkey Virus Free Scanner
Step 1 Download the software and now install it on your computer. Click on “Scan Computer” to detect presence of Autohotkey Virus and its harmful traces.
Step 2 Scan in progress can be viewed
Step 3 Use System Guard feature to block entry of Autohotkey Virus and its infectious files.
Step 4 HelpDesk is an additional feature which is can sort out all your troubles usually you face when PC is infected with Autohotkey Virus
Step 5 Autohotkey Virus Free Scanner has Network Sentry feature which helps to block modification done through Internet connectivity on your computer system.
Step 6 Enable Scan Scheduler feature on your computer to perform scanning at pre set time like daily, weekly or monthly.