An Overview On VBS/CoinMiner
VBS/CoinMiner is a destructive kind of computer infection that have been categorized as a Trojans family. It is widely circulated strains of malware of the corrupted Operating System. It can easily contaminates several Windows platform based Operating System such as Vista, 7, 8.1, XP, 10, 8 etc and different famed Web Browser Search Engines such as Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge, Opera etc. The main aim regarding creating such malware by the cyber criminals is to explicit lots of money from the innocent victim of the deceived computer system. This vbs.com is the Domain Name of VBS/CoinMiner and its Registrar name is Amazon Registrar, Inc. which was recently got Registered on 10-08-2000 and also got Updated on 10-12-2018. Its Registry Domain ID is 32686990_DOMAIN_COM-VRSN and its Status is maintained as clientTransferProhibited their Servers Name are ns-1503.awsdns-59.org, ns-1793.awsdns-32.co.uk, ns-441.awsdns-55.com, ns-910.awsdns-49.net.
Some Evidences Of VBS/CoinMiner
VBS/CoinMiner is a rogue start generating crypto-currency because of the resources of the affected system as it penetrates other Operating System. It can efficiently infects some another targeted computer by pornographic sites, fake software updater, corrupted external drives, email spam campaigns, online gaming server, software bundling method, fake invoices, peer to peer file sharing network, untrustworthy downloading sources, junked e-mail attachments, free file hosting websites, hacked executable files, updates of Java scripts, clicking suspicious pop-up ads, untrustworthy third party software down-loader etc. It is actively been used to mine some crypto -currency by entering into the victimized system without any user consent.
Bad Features Of VBS/CoinMiner
VBS/CoinMiner can easily disrupts the normal functionality of the computer system. It can even stops the useful applications gradually and also slows down the system speed as well as its performances. It can even delete some important files and may steal some confidential informations of the victim which is then shared with the remote hackers for evil intension. Without any prior knowledge it can blocks the operations of security measures such firewall protection and anti-virus programs.
Why To Clean Away VBS/CoinMiner
Basically there are only two reliable methods to clean away this VBS/CoinMiner Trojan from the contaminated machine by using either techniques such as manual or automatic.
A. VBS/CoinMiner Manual Removal
How to Change the System Folder Settings to view hidden files
On Windows 7 | Vista
Windows Logo button is to be selected and then you need to Open Windows Explorer.
Click on Organize selecting Folder and Search Options.
Now Click on View Tab and select Show hidden files and folders Option to view VBS/CoinMiner related files.
Click on OK to Apply
On Windows 8
Select on Windows + E keys in combination on the keyboard.
Click on View Tab option
File name Extensions along with hidden items is to be checked
Step 2: Delete VBS/CoinMiner Related Files in Hidden Folders as given
- %Temp%\[adware name]
- %AppData%\[adware name]
- %LocalAppData%\[adware name]
- %LocalAppData%\[adware name].exe
- %CommonAppData%\[adware name]
Step 3 : Remove VBS/CoinMiner Related Registry Files on Windows
First, Open Registry Editor
On Windows 7| Vista
Click on Start Button
Select on Run Button
Finally Click on OK button
On Windows 8 Computer
Click on Win [Window Key] + R in Combination on Keyboard
Type regedit.exe in dialog box and press OK.
Confirm OK to open the registry editor.
Look for VBS/CoinMiner related files and entries created in Win Registry.
Note: This step is only suitable for users having Technical Skills, if you delete any other entries other than VBS/CoinMiner, it will permanently damage your PC.
B. VBS/CoinMiner Removal from Windows OS
How to Uninstall VBS/CoinMiner related program on PC
on Windows 10
1. On Win 10 Screen, Click on Start Menu and Select All apps.
this will show entire list of apps installed on Win 10, Find VBS/CoinMiner or any other suspicious program from the list. Right Click on the Selected item to uninstall it.
On Win 7 | Vista
- Select and Click on the Start Button and Click on Control Panel using Start Menu.
2. You need to Select Uninstall Program under the Program Category in Control Panel.
3. Using the Window, Program and Features option, select Installed on to view all the recently installed programs, Now uninstall VBS/CoinMiner or any other suspicious programs.
From window 8 PC
1. Press Windows key + I simultaneously , then open Setting Bar, click Control Panel to open it
2. Under Programs category, select Uninstall a program
3. Search VBS/CoinMiner program in Program and Features window, then click on Uninstall
Step 2:- Uninstall VBS/CoinMiner toolbar, add-on, plug-in and extension from browser IE/Microsoft Edge/Firefox/Google Chrome
From Chrome Browser
1. On Chrome browser, select menu
2. Select Advanced Settings option
3. Click on Extension
4. To remove VBS/CoinMiner extension, click on Trash icon
5. Select the Remove option in dialog box
From Microsoft Edge Browser
( Microsoft Edge does not support extension, now you have to just reset the search engine and homepage of Edge browser)
1. Set homepage on Edge browser to remove VBS/CoinMiner
On address bar click More(..), and then select Settings option
3. View Advanced Settings for specific page, to set homepage to Open with option
4. To set your own homepage click on Custom, the then type URL of your own homepage
2. To remove VBS/CoinMiner set default Search Engine
- On address bar click More(..), and then select Settings option
- select the View advanced settings option
- Select “Search in the address bar with”, then enter the search engine by clicking on <Add new> option, then click on Add as default
- Custom option is to be selected, enter the URL of the homepage to be set as
From IE Browser
1. To open Manage add-ons on your IE browser, click on Tools button
2. Select Toolbars and Extensions, them make a selection of VBS/CoinMiner to remove it
3. Now click on Reset button to remove VBS/CoinMiner add-ons
From Firefox browser
1. To open Add-on Manager tab, select Menu button, and then click on Add-ons
2. Click Extensions
3. Select Remove or Disable button
How to Remove VBS/CoinMiner Automatically
Well, in the fast growing technology and day by day increasing malicious activities of cyber criminals, it is necessary for every computer user to protect their PC from VBS/CoinMiner. You must own a best removal tool which can provide safety and security to your windows machine. VBS/CoinMiner Free Scanner is one of the best tool which is capable to detect VBS/CoinMiner or any malware completely from compromised machine. However you need to purchase its licensed version to delete VBS/CoinMiner completely.
|French||Effacer VBS/CoinMiner Dans les étapes simples|
|German||Helfen zu Entfernen VBS/CoinMiner|
|Polish||Kasować VBS/CoinMiner Całkowicie|
|Portuguese||Excluir VBS/CoinMiner de Internet Explorer|
|Italian||VBS/CoinMiner Disinstallazione: Efficace modo per Liberarsi di VBS/CoinMiner Con successo|
|Spanish||VBS/CoinMiner Eliminación: Tutorial para Borrar VBS/CoinMiner Instantáneamente|
|Danish||Slip af med VBS/CoinMiner fra Safari : Afskaffe VBS/CoinMiner|
|Dutch||VBS/CoinMiner Ongeïnstalleerd: Stappen aan Verwijderen VBS/CoinMiner In Eenvoudige Stappen|
User Guide : Automatic VBS/CoinMiner Free Scanner
Step 1 Download the software and now install it on your computer. Click on “Scan Computer” to detect presence of VBS/CoinMiner and its harmful traces.
Step 2 Scan in progress can be viewed
Step 3 Use System Guard feature to block entry of VBS/CoinMiner and its infectious files.
Step 4 HelpDesk is an additional feature which is can sort out all your troubles usually you face when PC is infected with VBS/CoinMiner
Step 5 VBS/CoinMiner Free Scanner has Network Sentry feature which helps to block modification done through Internet connectivity on your computer system.
Step 6 Enable Scan Scheduler feature on your computer to perform scanning at pre set time like daily, weekly or monthly.