Introduction Of Cortana.exe Miner
Cortana.exe Miner is an executable program. It is an extremely terrible Trojan virus which can able to infect both the types of operating system like windows OS as well as Mac OS. Cortana.exe Miner is a cryptocurrency miner type of malware which silently gets into your system via a Trojan horse and also utilizes the resources to extract Monero cryptocurrency without your permission. Cortana.exe Miner Virus is nasty trojan virus which uses several unfair means to infect your system. It is an executable name of XMRIG which is a cryptocurrency-mining tool. Cortana.exe Miner Virus has ability to hide or delete your confidential sensitive system files without your consent.
Cortana.exe Miner might can monitor your web browsing activity, email id, passwords, IP address etc and also can trace all personal as well as financial information of the victimized user.
Characteristics Of Cortana.exe Miner
Cortana.exe Miner is present in your system will cause several major problems such as the temperature of the CPU gets increased if worked for longer periods of time which results in shortening the lifetime of CPU, gaming sites are hanged up or running very slow and Cortana.exe Miner is utilizing the system resources to get revenue benefits for itself. There are several ways by which you can prevent Cortana.exe Miner to get into your system some of them are as follows installation of an advanced antivirus protection, always using updated version of application programs and system softwares, firewall protection is of updated version and always on alert. Installation of an ad-blocker program. Unwanted or unknown junk email attachments are are strictly never opened.
Drawback Of Cortana.exe Miner
Some major drawbacks or issues can be created by Cortana.exe Miner are: it disables the security measures of the infected system like anti-virus programs and firewall protection settings, original contents of the visited web pages are got modified, CPU resources utilization is at highest level. Because of its presence rapid attack of pop-up ads and redirection of desired web pages to malicious websites is also possible, manipulation of system security settings. Cortana.exe gets into the system via different ways like spam email attachments, bundled with freeware, suspicious links, peer-to-peer file sharing network, hyperlinks, pop-ups etc, downloading of pirated unsafe files.
Cleaning Of Cortana.exe Miner
Cortana.exe Miner is a very harmful trojan horse infection which should be uninstalled as early as possible by using any methods like manual or automatic processes.
A. Cortana.exe Miner Manual Removal
How to Change the System Folder Settings to view hidden files
On Windows 7 | Vista
Windows Logo button is to be selected and then you need to Open Windows Explorer.
Click on Organize selecting Folder and Search Options.
Now Click on View Tab and select Show hidden files and folders Option to view Cortana.exe Miner related files.
Click on OK to Apply
On Windows 8
Select on Windows + E keys in combination on the keyboard.
Click on View Tab option
File name Extensions along with hidden items is to be checked
Step 2: Delete Cortana.exe Miner Related Files in Hidden Folders as given
- %Temp%\[adware name]
- %AppData%\[adware name]
- %LocalAppData%\[adware name]
- %LocalAppData%\[adware name].exe
- %CommonAppData%\[adware name]
Step 3 : Remove Cortana.exe Miner Related Registry Files on Windows
First, Open Registry Editor
On Windows 7| Vista
Click on Start Button
Select on Run Button
Finally Click on OK button
On Windows 8 Computer
Click on Win [Window Key] + R in Combination on Keyboard
Type regedit.exe in dialog box and press OK.
Confirm OK to open the registry editor.
Look for Cortana.exe Miner related files and entries created in Win Registry.
Note: This step is only suitable for users having Technical Skills, if you delete any other entries other than Cortana.exe Miner, it will permanently damage your PC.
B. Cortana.exe Miner Removal from Windows OS
How to Uninstall Cortana.exe Miner related program on PC
on Windows 10
1. On Win 10 Screen, Click on Start Menu and Select All apps.
this will show entire list of apps installed on Win 10, Find Cortana.exe Miner or any other suspicious program from the list. Right Click on the Selected item to uninstall it.
On Win 7 | Vista
- Select and Click on the Start Button and Click on Control Panel using Start Menu.
2. You need to Select Uninstall Program under the Program Category in Control Panel.
3. Using the Window, Program and Features option, select Installed on to view all the recently installed programs, Now uninstall Cortana.exe Miner or any other suspicious programs.
From window 8 PC
1. Press Windows key + I simultaneously , then open Setting Bar, click Control Panel to open it
2. Under Programs category, select Uninstall a program
3. Search Cortana.exe Miner program in Program and Features window, then click on Uninstall
Step 2:- Uninstall Cortana.exe Miner toolbar, add-on, plug-in and extension from browser IE/Microsoft Edge/Firefox/Google Chrome
From Chrome Browser
1. On Chrome browser, select menu
2. Select Advanced Settings option
3. Click on Extension
4. To remove Cortana.exe Miner extension, click on Trash icon
5. Select the Remove option in dialog box
From Microsoft Edge Browser
( Microsoft Edge does not support extension, now you have to just reset the search engine and homepage of Edge browser)
1. Set homepage on Edge browser to remove Cortana.exe Miner
On address bar click More(..), and then select Settings option
3. View Advanced Settings for specific page, to set homepage to Open with option
4. To set your own homepage click on Custom, the then type URL of your own homepage
2. To remove Cortana.exe Miner set default Search Engine
- On address bar click More(..), and then select Settings option
- select the View advanced settings option
- Select “Search in the address bar with”, then enter the search engine by clicking on <Add new> option, then click on Add as default
- Custom option is to be selected, enter the URL of the homepage to be set as
From IE Browser
1. To open Manage add-ons on your IE browser, click on Tools button
2. Select Toolbars and Extensions, them make a selection of Cortana.exe Miner to remove it
3. Now click on Reset button to remove Cortana.exe Miner add-ons
From Firefox browser
1. To open Add-on Manager tab, select Menu button, and then click on Add-ons
2. Click Extensions
3. Select Remove or Disable button
How to Remove Cortana.exe Miner Automatically
Well, in the fast growing technology and day by day increasing malicious activities of cyber criminals, it is necessary for every computer user to protect their PC from Cortana.exe Miner. You must own a best removal tool which can provide safety and security to your windows machine. Cortana.exe Miner Free Scanner is one of the best tool which is capable to detect Cortana.exe Miner or any malware completely from compromised machine. However you need to purchase its licensed version to delete Cortana.exe Miner completely.
|French||Se Débarrasser De Cortana.exe Miner de Chrome : Anéantir Cortana.exe Miner|
|German||Cortana.exe Miner Deinstallation: Lösung für Beseitigen abschütteln Cortana.exe Miner Leicht|
|Polish||Kasować Cortana.exe Miner z Safari|
|Portuguese||Guia fácil para Excluir Cortana.exe Miner de Opera|
|Italian||Elimina Cortana.exe Miner da Safari : Spazzar via Cortana.exe Miner|
|Spanish||Guía fácil para Retirar Cortana.exe Miner de Internet Explorer|
|Danish||Slet Cortana.exe Miner Let|
|Dutch||Desinstallatie Cortana.exe Miner van Firefox|
User Guide : Automatic Cortana.exe Miner Free Scanner
Step 1 Download the software and now install it on your computer. Click on “Scan Computer” to detect presence of Cortana.exe Miner and its harmful traces.
Step 2 Scan in progress can be viewed
Step 3 Use System Guard feature to block entry of Cortana.exe Miner and its infectious files.
Step 4 HelpDesk is an additional feature which is can sort out all your troubles usually you face when PC is infected with Cortana.exe Miner
Step 5 Cortana.exe Miner Free Scanner has Network Sentry feature which helps to block modification done through Internet connectivity on your computer system.
Step 6 Enable Scan Scheduler feature on your computer to perform scanning at pre set time like daily, weekly or monthly.