SearchAssist.me : Brief investigation report on it
SearchAssist.me is a annoying system program which get access of your system without your prior permissions. Actually it has been flagged as a browser hijacker infection by the malware experts. It is a browser add-on program which can alters your browsers settings. It also replaces your default set search engine or homepage with itself and sometimes with some malicious webpages. It bothers you everytime whenever you trying to visit a legit or popular sites using it as your default browser. This kind of unwanted programs has been designed by the hackers to conceal the privacy of the users information and sensitive details which can be used into the online scams to cheat the users. It makes your browsing hell by diverting you on some sort of malicious websites and by displaying huge amount of adverts, in-line text ads or other similar promotional contents which covers all the webpages screen which you visit on your browsers.
Technical Knowledge on SearchAssist.me
NextAd Media Group Ltd
Modifies browsers settings, hijacked homepage or search engines etc.
Free downloads, fake emails, suspicious adverts etc.
Google Chrome, Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox etc.
Infiltration techniques of SearchAssist.me used to infect your system
Most of the time this SearchAssist.me kind of malware attack on your system without any notification. It also follow a wide distribution network of freeware or shareware on the system which does not reveal their installations and download an additional software on the system which may be the infection that has been dropped by the third party makers while packaging the software to make money from the malware developers. You should always use "Advanced or Custom" installations screens to install new programs which also features you to see the installation setups and if you found any unfamiliar then you can remove it from the list to install. Some other means of infection transfer are though spam email attachments, downloads of pirated programs, clicking on suspicious links and so on.
So you should try to uninstall SearchAssist.me from your compromised system immediately by using a credible anti-malware on it. If you are getting problem in the removal then follow the below given manual removal method which makes your system completely free from the unwanted hijacker problem.
A. SearchAssist.me Manual Removal
How to Change the System Folder Settings to view hidden files
On Windows 7 | Vista
Windows Logo button is to be selected and then you need to Open Windows Explorer.
Click on Organize selecting Folder and Search Options.
Now Click on View Tab and select Show hidden files and folders Option to view SearchAssist.me related files.
Click on OK to Apply
On Windows 8
Select on Windows + E keys in combination on the keyboard.
Click on View Tab option
File name Extensions along with hidden items is to be checked
Step 2: Delete SearchAssist.me Related Files in Hidden Folders as given
- %Temp%\[adware name]
- %AppData%\[adware name]
- %LocalAppData%\[adware name]
- %LocalAppData%\[adware name].exe
- %CommonAppData%\[adware name]
Step 3 : Remove SearchAssist.me Related Registry Files on Windows
First, Open Registry Editor
On Windows 7| Vista
Click on Start Button
Select on Run Button
Finally Click on OK button
On Windows 8 Computer
Click on Win [Window Key] + R in Combination on Keyboard
Type regedit.exe in dialog box and press OK.
Confirm OK to open the registry editor.
Look for SearchAssist.me related files and entries created in Win Registry.
Note: This step is only suitable for users having Technical Skills, if you delete any other entries other than SearchAssist.me, it will permanently damage your PC.
B. SearchAssist.me Removal from Windows OS
How to Uninstall SearchAssist.me related program on PC
on Windows 10
1. On Win 10 Screen, Click on Start Menu and Select All apps.
this will show entire list of apps installed on Win 10, Find SearchAssist.me or any other suspicious program from the list. Right Click on the Selected item to uninstall it.
On Win 7 | Vista
- Select and Click on the Start Button and Click on Control Panel using Start Menu.
2. You need to Select Uninstall Program under the Program Category in Control Panel.
3. Using the Window, Program and Features option, select Installed on to view all the recently installed programs, Now uninstall SearchAssist.me or any other suspicious programs.
From window 8 PC
1. Press Windows key + I simultaneously , then open Setting Bar, click Control Panel to open it
2. Under Programs category, select Uninstall a program
3. Search SearchAssist.me program in Program and Features window, then click on Uninstall
Step 2:- Uninstall SearchAssist.me toolbar, add-on, plug-in and extension from browser IE/Microsoft Edge/Firefox/Google Chrome
From Chrome Browser
1. On Chrome browser, select menu
2. Select Advanced Settings option
3. Click on Extension
4. To remove SearchAssist.me extension, click on Trash icon
5. Select the Remove option in dialog box
From Microsoft Edge Browser
( Microsoft Edge does not support extension, now you have to just reset the search engine and homepage of Edge browser)
1. Set homepage on Edge browser to remove SearchAssist.me
On address bar click More(..), and then select Settings option
3. View Advanced Settings for specific page, to set homepage to Open with option
4. To set your own homepage click on Custom, the then type URL of your own homepage
2. To remove SearchAssist.me set default Search Engine
- On address bar click More(..), and then select Settings option
- select the View advanced settings option
- Select “Search in the address bar with”, then enter the search engine by clicking on <Add new> option, then click on Add as default
- Custom option is to be selected, enter the URL of the homepage to be set as
From IE Browser
1. To open Manage add-ons on your IE browser, click on Tools button
2. Select Toolbars and Extensions, them make a selection of SearchAssist.me to remove it
3. Now click on Reset button to remove SearchAssist.me add-ons
From Firefox browser
1. To open Add-on Manager tab, select Menu button, and then click on Add-ons
2. Click Extensions
3. Select Remove or Disable button
How to Remove SearchAssist.me Automatically
Well, in the fast growing technology and day by day increasing malicious activities of cyber criminals, it is necessary for every computer user to protect their PC from SearchAssist.me. You must own a best removal tool which can provide safety and security to your windows machine. SearchAssist.me Free Scanner is one of the best tool which is capable to detect SearchAssist.me or any malware completely from compromised machine. However you need to purchase its licensed version to delete SearchAssist.me completely.
User Guide : Automatic SearchAssist.me Free Scanner
Step 1 Download the software and now install it on your computer. Click on “Scan Computer” to detect presence of SearchAssist.me and its harmful traces.
Step 2 Scan in progress can be viewed
Step 3 Use System Guard feature to block entry of SearchAssist.me and its infectious files.
Step 4 HelpDesk is an additional feature which is can sort out all your troubles usually you face when PC is infected with SearchAssist.me
Step 5 SearchAssist.me Free Scanner has Network Sentry feature which helps to block modification done through Internet connectivity on your computer system.
Step 6 Enable Scan Scheduler feature on your computer to perform scanning at pre set time like daily, weekly or monthly.
Remove SearchAssist.me Completely
|French||Effacer SearchAssist.me de Chrome|
|German||Entfernen SearchAssist.me Manuell|
|Polish||SearchAssist.me Deinstalacja: Easy Guide Pozbyć się SearchAssist.me W ciągu zaledwie kilku krokach|
|Portuguese||Desinstalar SearchAssist.me Imediatamente|
|Italian||Liberarsi di SearchAssist.me da Opera|
|Spanish||Desinstalar SearchAssist.me de Chrome|
|Japanese||ガイド アンインストール SearchAssist.me から Internet Explorer|
|Dutch||Complete Guide To Desinstallatie SearchAssist.me van Safari|
|Danish||Trin for trin guide til Slip af med SearchAssist.me fra Internet Explorer|