What is Configs?
Configs, another term classified by malware researchers as a Potentially Unwanted Program that secretly lurk inside the Windows PC without user's awareness. As System user surf the Internet or browse the web, it may annoy them by displaying thousand of commercial ads and browser redirects. But like other unwanted program, it has been also promoted by the group of hackers as a legitimate application that claims user to provide several beneficial feature but in reality it is harmful for the infected machine. Technically, Configs is not a malicious malware but due to its behavior and harmful impacts it is considered as unnecessary and harmful for the PC.
Why is necessary to delete Configs?
Doesn't matter, it is malicious one or not, if it is a type of PUP, it may cause lots of serious problems for you and your Computer. Configs mainly acts as a conveyor for numerous ads to display on your all installed browser including Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, Opera, Internet Explorer, Safari, Yahoo, Microsoft Edge and much more. It usually append the configuration on your internet application to implicate payload including pop-up ads, browser redirection and much more in the various form including full window ads, banner ads, audio or video ads, image ads, in-text ads and much more under different name including 'Ads by Configs', 'Brought to you by Configs', 'Powered by Configs', 'Advertisement by Configs' and much more. All advertisements are generated for the profit generating purposes and for this hackers uses PPC platform to create advertisements and links. That's why, uninstallation of Configs is highly recommended from the infected machine.
How does Configs infect Windows PC?
Similar to other PUP, Configs also lurk inside the PC secretly using various tricky ways but it mainly spread via bundling method. This type of tricky distribution channel usually download & install additional packages inside the PC without user's approval. The developers of such a program hides its installation packages within the Advanced or Custom installation option that most of the times skipped by System user. The creators of such a program knows very well about System user that they often perform installation instruction in hurry and they opt default or typical mode to install packages. Therefore, security analysts are strictly warned victim to opt Advanced or Custom option and must follow the installation wizard carefully so that victim can easily avoid the installation of Configs and other Potentially Unwanted Program.
A. Configs Manual Removal
How to Change the System Folder Settings to view hidden files
On Windows 7 | Vista
Windows Logo button is to be selected and then you need to Open Windows Explorer.
Click on Organize selecting Folder and Search Options.
Now Click on View Tab and select Show hidden files and folders Option to view Configs related files.
Click on OK to Apply
On Windows 8
Select on Windows + E keys in combination on the keyboard.
Click on View Tab option
File name Extensions along with hidden items is to be checked
Step 2: Delete Configs Related Files in Hidden Folders as given
- %Temp%\[adware name]
- %AppData%\[adware name]
- %LocalAppData%\[adware name]
- %LocalAppData%\[adware name].exe
- %CommonAppData%\[adware name]
Step 3 : Remove Configs Related Registry Files on Windows
First, Open Registry Editor
On Windows 7| Vista
Click on Start Button
Select on Run Button
Finally Click on OK button
On Windows 8 Computer
Click on Win [Window Key] + R in Combination on Keyboard
Type regedit.exe in dialog box and press OK.
Confirm OK to open the registry editor.
Look for Configs related files and entries created in Win Registry.
Note: This step is only suitable for users having Technical Skills, if you delete any other entries other than Configs, it will permanently damage your PC.
B. Configs Removal from Windows OS
How to Uninstall Configs related program on PC
on Windows 10
1. On Win 10 Screen, Click on Start Menu and Select All apps.
this will show entire list of apps installed on Win 10, Find Configs or any other suspicious program from the list. Right Click on the Selected item to uninstall it.
On Win 7 | Vista
- Select and Click on the Start Button and Click on Control Panel using Start Menu.
2. You need to Select Uninstall Program under the Program Category in Control Panel.
3. Using the Window, Program and Features option, select Installed on to view all the recently installed programs, Now uninstall Configs or any other suspicious programs.
From window 8 PC
1. Press Windows key + I simultaneously , then open Setting Bar, click Control Panel to open it
2. Under Programs category, select Uninstall a program
3. Search Configs program in Program and Features window, then click on Uninstall
Step 2:- Uninstall Configs toolbar, add-on, plug-in and extension from browser IE/Microsoft Edge/Firefox/Google Chrome
From Chrome Browser
1. On Chrome browser, select menu
2. Select Advanced Settings option
3. Click on Extension
4. To remove Configs extension, click on Trash icon
5. Select the Remove option in dialog box
From Microsoft Edge Browser
( Microsoft Edge does not support extension, now you have to just reset the search engine and homepage of Edge browser)
1. Set homepage on Edge browser to remove Configs
On address bar click More(..), and then select Settings option
3. View Advanced Settings for specific page, to set homepage to Open with option
4. To set your own homepage click on Custom, the then type URL of your own homepage
2. To remove Configs set default Search Engine
- On address bar click More(..), and then select Settings option
- select the View advanced settings option
- Select “Search in the address bar with”, then enter the search engine by clicking on <Add new> option, then click on Add as default
- Custom option is to be selected, enter the URL of the homepage to be set as
From IE Browser
1. To open Manage add-ons on your IE browser, click on Tools button
2. Select Toolbars and Extensions, them make a selection of Configs to remove it
3. Now click on Reset button to remove Configs add-ons
From Firefox browser
1. To open Add-on Manager tab, select Menu button, and then click on Add-ons
2. Click Extensions
3. Select Remove or Disable button
Simple Steps To Remove Configs
|French||Étapes Rapides Vers Retirer Configs|
|German||Schritt für Schritt Anleitung zu Beseitigen abschütteln Configs von Internet Explorer|
|Polish||Kasować Configs Całkowicie|
|Portuguese||Guia completo para Desinstalar Configs|
|Italian||Configs Rimozione: Sapere come Disinstalla Configs In semplici clic|
|Spanish||Deshacerse De Configs de Opera|
|Japanese||Configs 除去: 解決策 削除する Configs 成功|
|Dutch||Verwijder Configs van Firefox|
|Danish||Fjernelse Configs Succesfuldt|
How to Remove Configs Automatically
Well, in the fast growing technology and day by day increasing malicious activities of cyber criminals, it is necessary for every computer user to protect their PC from Configs. You must own a best removal tool which can provide safety and security to your windows machine. Configs Free Scanner is one of the best tool which is capable to detect Configs or any malware completely from compromised machine. However you need to purchase its licensed version to delete Configs completely.
User Guide : Automatic Configs Free Scanner
Step 1 Download the software and now install it on your computer. Click on “Scan Computer” to detect presence of Configs and its harmful traces.
Step 2 Scan in progress can be viewed
Step 3 Use System Guard feature to block entry of Configs and its infectious files.
Step 4 HelpDesk is an additional feature which is can sort out all your troubles usually you face when PC is infected with Configs
Step 5 Configs Free Scanner has Network Sentry feature which helps to block modification done through Internet connectivity on your computer system.
Step 6 Enable Scan Scheduler feature on your computer to perform scanning at pre set time like daily, weekly or monthly.