My startpage is a pup which irritate user to surf online. It has the ability to affect the common browsers and shows different kinds of advertisements, banners, deals, offers and etc. The pop-ups get displayed continuously to force user to click on the link which inject the virus immediately into the computer.
The homepage get also replaced which my startpage. When user open the new tab, it also get appear. It also makes a shortcut on the desktop. It has the big graphics on the search box.
What are the methods that my startpage get injected into the computer?
The main factor of injecting my startpage is spam email. This technique is used by the hackers so that user click the mail and give ways to penetrate this virus easily and silently into the computer. The bundling technique is also one of the major cause for the penetration of this virus into your computer. When user download the freeware, this virus get the chance to inject inside your system. It is better to use custom or advance option when you are installing the free software. It can disable the installation process when you don't need. The other methods are visiting malicious websites and clicking on unknown link.
What are the intention behind my startpage to injects inside your computer?
The main intention of hackers is to grab money. They usually penetrate this my startpage to spy your all activities online. This virus is connected from the remote server and give the chance to the cyber criminals to keep eyes not only on your all activities but also on the whole information which has already saved inside the system. The important information is steal by the hackers and they sell it into the market to gain profit.
What are the prevention tips from my startpage?
- The user must have the requirement to control the PC.
- Always used detailed advance or custom installation settings for the new program.
- Read the EULA or everything before installing the program.
- Remove the bookmark that appeared automatically from the browser.
- Avoid using those sites which are not secure.
A. My Startpage Manual Removal
How to Change the System Folder Settings to view hidden files
On Windows 7 | Vista
Windows Logo button is to be selected and then you need to Open Windows Explorer.
Click on Organize selecting Folder and Search Options.
Now Click on View Tab and select Show hidden files and folders Option to view My Startpage related files.
Click on OK to Apply
On Windows 8
Select on Windows + E keys in combination on the keyboard.
Click on View Tab option
File name Extensions along with hidden items is to be checked
Step 2: Delete My Startpage Related Files in Hidden Folders as given
- %Temp%\[adware name]
- %AppData%\[adware name]
- %LocalAppData%\[adware name]
- %LocalAppData%\[adware name].exe
- %CommonAppData%\[adware name]
Step 3 : Remove My Startpage Related Registry Files on Windows
First, Open Registry Editor
On Windows 7| Vista
Click on Start Button
Select on Run Button
Finally Click on OK button
On Windows 8 Computer
Click on Win [Window Key] + R in Combination on Keyboard
Type regedit.exe in dialog box and press OK.
Confirm OK to open the registry editor.
Look for My Startpage related files and entries created in Win Registry.
Note: This step is only suitable for users having Technical Skills, if you delete any other entries other than My Startpage, it will permanently damage your PC.
B. My Startpage Removal from Windows OS
How to Uninstall My Startpage related program on PC
on Windows 10
1. On Win 10 Screen, Click on Start Menu and Select All apps.
this will show entire list of apps installed on Win 10, Find My Startpage or any other suspicious program from the list. Right Click on the Selected item to uninstall it.
On Win 7 | Vista
- Select and Click on the Start Button and Click on Control Panel using Start Menu.
2. You need to Select Uninstall Program under the Program Category in Control Panel.
3. Using the Window, Program and Features option, select Installed on to view all the recently installed programs, Now uninstall My Startpage or any other suspicious programs.
From window 8 PC
1. Press Windows key + I simultaneously , then open Setting Bar, click Control Panel to open it
2. Under Programs category, select Uninstall a program
3. Search My Startpage program in Program and Features window, then click on Uninstall
Step 2:- Uninstall My Startpage toolbar, add-on, plug-in and extension from browser IE/Microsoft Edge/Firefox/Google Chrome
From Chrome Browser
1. On Chrome browser, select menu
2. Select Advanced Settings option
3. Click on Extension
4. To remove My Startpage extension, click on Trash icon
5. Select the Remove option in dialog box
From Microsoft Edge Browser
( Microsoft Edge does not support extension, now you have to just reset the search engine and homepage of Edge browser)
1. Set homepage on Edge browser to remove My Startpage
On address bar click More(..), and then select Settings option
3. View Advanced Settings for specific page, to set homepage to Open with option
4. To set your own homepage click on Custom, the then type URL of your own homepage
2. To remove My Startpage set default Search Engine
- On address bar click More(..), and then select Settings option
- select the View advanced settings option
- Select “Search in the address bar with”, then enter the search engine by clicking on <Add new> option, then click on Add as default
- Custom option is to be selected, enter the URL of the homepage to be set as
From IE Browser
1. To open Manage add-ons on your IE browser, click on Tools button
2. Select Toolbars and Extensions, them make a selection of My Startpage to remove it
3. Now click on Reset button to remove My Startpage add-ons
From Firefox browser
1. To open Add-on Manager tab, select Menu button, and then click on Add-ons
2. Click Extensions
3. Select Remove or Disable button
My Startpage Uninstallation: Tips To Delete My Startpage In Simple Clicks
|French||Conseils Pour Effacer My Startpage de Internet Explorer|
|German||Löschen My Startpage In nur wenigen Schritten|
|Polish||My Startpage Deinstalacja: Kompletny przewodnik Kasować My Startpage Ręcznie|
|Portuguese||Guia Passo a Passo Para Excluir My Startpage de Safari|
|Italian||Disinstalla My Startpage da Firefox|
|Spanish||Retirar My Startpage de Safari|
|Japanese||My Startpage アンインストール: 簡単な手順 削除する My Startpage 手動で|
|Dutch||Stap voor stap handleiding voor Verwijderen My Startpage|
|Danish||My Startpage Afinstallation: Hurtige trin til Slip af med My Startpage I Enkle Klik|
How to Remove My Startpage Automatically
Well, in the fast growing technology and day by day increasing malicious activities of cyber criminals, it is necessary for every computer user to protect their PC from My Startpage. You must own a best removal tool which can provide safety and security to your windows machine. My Startpage Free Scanner is one of the best tool which is capable to detect My Startpage or any malware completely from compromised machine. However you need to purchase its licensed version to delete My Startpage completely.
User Guide : Automatic My Startpage Free Scanner
Step 1 Download the software and now install it on your computer. Click on “Scan Computer” to detect presence of My Startpage and its harmful traces.
Step 2 Scan in progress can be viewed
Step 3 Use System Guard feature to block entry of My Startpage and its infectious files.
Step 4 HelpDesk is an additional feature which is can sort out all your troubles usually you face when PC is infected with My Startpage
Step 5 My Startpage Free Scanner has Network Sentry feature which helps to block modification done through Internet connectivity on your computer system.
Step 6 Enable Scan Scheduler feature on your computer to perform scanning at pre set time like daily, weekly or monthly.