What do you know about GhostMiner?
GhostMiner is a newly discovered cryptomining malware which is known as the first fileless mining malware. This malware contains the innovative coding that could be really too much dangerous for affected Systems. Lab tests revealed that it specifically targets the Oracle WebLogic servers and distributed via scanning IP addresses. While scanning, it looks for executing the instances of MSSQL, phpMyAdmin or WebLogic software and distributes to Systems with applications. It is capable to deactivate another cryptomining malware on Systems. Unfortunately, it contains the malicious code used by cyber crooks to create several tools that destroy the affected machine. It is known to employed with some new technique to kill of the competing cryptomining malware that executed on affected System.
Know How GhostMiner Eliminate Other Miners?
- It executes 'Stop-Process-force' PowerShell command.
- After that it stops and deleted the blacklisted miner services by name.
- Eliminates miner that execute as the scheduled blacklisted tasks.
- After that stop and delete the miner using command line arguments using the PowerShell and WMI.
- Looks at existing connections of TCP and kills all cryptomining ports associated with GhostMiner.
How does GhostMiner infect Windows PC?
Belonging to the worst malware infection, GhostMiner uses lots of deceptive and weird strategies techniques to infect PC but most of the times it spreads as executable files through email messages. Hackers often inserts the payload of malware as hyperlinks in body contents. When System users download or open any dubious attachments sent from unknown sender to inbox then there is a high possibility that their System is victimized by such a malware infection. Besides, it also compromise the Windows machine via infected documents, hacker modified Setup files, torrent files, hacked or gambling site, pirated or dubious software, hacker controlled sites, P2P file sharing network etc. The dispersal channels of GhostMiner always varies but the main source of malware attack remains same that is the use of Internet. Therefore, you must be attentive while doing online operation.
What are the harmful impacts of GhostMiner?
- Bypass the protection of usual Operating System.
- Slows down Computer working speed.
- Corrupts user's Computer files and crucial registry entries.
- Delivers other notorious malware inside the affected machine.
- Gathers user's all personal data and forwarded them to hackers with evil intention etc.
A. GhostMiner Manual Removal
How to Change the System Folder Settings to view hidden files
On Windows 7 | Vista
Windows Logo button is to be selected and then you need to Open Windows Explorer.
Click on Organize selecting Folder and Search Options.
Now Click on View Tab and select Show hidden files and folders Option to view GhostMiner related files.
Click on OK to Apply
On Windows 8
Select on Windows + E keys in combination on the keyboard.
Click on View Tab option
File name Extensions along with hidden items is to be checked
Step 2: Delete GhostMiner Related Files in Hidden Folders as given
- %Temp%\[adware name]
- %AppData%\[adware name]
- %LocalAppData%\[adware name]
- %LocalAppData%\[adware name].exe
- %CommonAppData%\[adware name]
Step 3 : Remove GhostMiner Related Registry Files on Windows
First, Open Registry Editor
On Windows 7| Vista
Click on Start Button
Select on Run Button
Finally Click on OK button
On Windows 8 Computer
Click on Win [Window Key] + R in Combination on Keyboard
Type regedit.exe in dialog box and press OK.
Confirm OK to open the registry editor.
Look for GhostMiner related files and entries created in Win Registry.
Note: This step is only suitable for users having Technical Skills, if you delete any other entries other than GhostMiner, it will permanently damage your PC.
B. GhostMiner Removal from Windows OS
How to Uninstall GhostMiner related program on PC
on Windows 10
1. On Win 10 Screen, Click on Start Menu and Select All apps.
this will show entire list of apps installed on Win 10, Find GhostMiner or any other suspicious program from the list. Right Click on the Selected item to uninstall it.
On Win 7 | Vista
- Select and Click on the Start Button and Click on Control Panel using Start Menu.
2. You need to Select Uninstall Program under the Program Category in Control Panel.
3. Using the Window, Program and Features option, select Installed on to view all the recently installed programs, Now uninstall GhostMiner or any other suspicious programs.
From window 8 PC
1. Press Windows key + I simultaneously , then open Setting Bar, click Control Panel to open it
2. Under Programs category, select Uninstall a program
3. Search GhostMiner program in Program and Features window, then click on Uninstall
Step 2:- Uninstall GhostMiner toolbar, add-on, plug-in and extension from browser IE/Microsoft Edge/Firefox/Google Chrome
From Chrome Browser
1. On Chrome browser, select menu
2. Select Advanced Settings option
3. Click on Extension
4. To remove GhostMiner extension, click on Trash icon
5. Select the Remove option in dialog box
From Microsoft Edge Browser
( Microsoft Edge does not support extension, now you have to just reset the search engine and homepage of Edge browser)
1. Set homepage on Edge browser to remove GhostMiner
On address bar click More(..), and then select Settings option
3. View Advanced Settings for specific page, to set homepage to Open with option
4. To set your own homepage click on Custom, the then type URL of your own homepage
2. To remove GhostMiner set default Search Engine
- On address bar click More(..), and then select Settings option
- select the View advanced settings option
- Select “Search in the address bar with”, then enter the search engine by clicking on <Add new> option, then click on Add as default
- Custom option is to be selected, enter the URL of the homepage to be set as
From IE Browser
1. To open Manage add-ons on your IE browser, click on Tools button
2. Select Toolbars and Extensions, them make a selection of GhostMiner to remove it
3. Now click on Reset button to remove GhostMiner add-ons
From Firefox browser
1. To open Add-on Manager tab, select Menu button, and then click on Add-ons
2. Click Extensions
3. Select Remove or Disable button
How to Remove GhostMiner Automatically
Well, in the fast growing technology and day by day increasing malicious activities of cyber criminals, it is necessary for every computer user to protect their PC from GhostMiner. You must own a best removal tool which can provide safety and security to your windows machine. GhostMiner Free Scanner is one of the best tool which is capable to detect GhostMiner or any malware completely from compromised machine. However you need to purchase its licensed version to delete GhostMiner completely.
|French||Effective Way To Effacer GhostMiner de Firefox|
|German||Wie man Entfernen GhostMiner|
|Polish||Pozbyć się GhostMiner z łatwością|
|Portuguese||Desinstalar GhostMiner de Internet Explorer : Quadra GhostMiner|
|Italian||Come Liberarsi di GhostMiner|
|Spanish||Quitar GhostMiner Fácilmente|
|Danish||Bedste måde at Afinstaller GhostMiner fra Internet Explorer|
|Dutch||Bijstand Voor Verwijderen GhostMiner van Firefox|
User Guide : Automatic GhostMiner Free Scanner
Step 1 Download the software and now install it on your computer. Click on “Scan Computer” to detect presence of GhostMiner and its harmful traces.
Step 2 Scan in progress can be viewed
Step 3 Use System Guard feature to block entry of GhostMiner and its infectious files.
Step 4 HelpDesk is an additional feature which is can sort out all your troubles usually you face when PC is infected with GhostMiner
Step 5 GhostMiner Free Scanner has Network Sentry feature which helps to block modification done through Internet connectivity on your computer system.
Step 6 Enable Scan Scheduler feature on your computer to perform scanning at pre set time like daily, weekly or monthly.