Are you one of the Windows user facing Windows update error 0x80070020 while performing the Windows update procedure? Are you too much worried after facing such an error message? Looking for best solution to fix error 0x80070020? If yes then this post is really very beneficial for you. Here, you will know all aspects of 0x80070020 and its fixing guide. So, keep reading this experts guidelines completely.
Know about Windows update error 0x80070020
0x80070020 is one of the frequent error messages faced by almost all Windows users while installing the updates. However, Windows 10 is one of the latest and most popular version of Windows Operating System that featured with several advanced features. Despite of its all features, Window 10 users might suffer with several error messages and among all 0x80070020 is one of the most popular one.
Situation At Which Windows update error 0x80070020 Occur
There are several situation at which Windows 10 users might face with error 0x80070020. Typically, it occurs when System finds acceptable Windows 10 update and automatically attempts to start it, then installation procedure suddenly stops and freezes and that situation windows update error 0x80070020 occurs. Behind the occurrences of such an error message, there are numerous factors responsible but some of the most common reasons are :
- System file errors
- Malware infections
- Lack of the required System files
- Insufficient System memory
- Pending of System updates
- Bad sectors of hard disk etc.
Effective Tips Through Which You Can Fix Error 0x80070020
Tip 1 : Turn off The Anti virus Program
Actually, the installation of third-party antivirus program on Windows PC may cause interruption while downloading the updated version of Windows PC and generate error 0x80070020. It usually happens when OS is completely not compatible with the installed antivirus program. So, it is highly advised to disable the antivirus program, before performing the updating procedure.
Tip 2 : Restart The BITS Service
- Press Win + R key simultaneously.
- In the opened Run box, type msc and hit on Enter key.
- From the appearing window, locate “Background Intelligent Transfer Service” and right-click on it.
- Select Properties option and then open General tab.
- Locate Starup Type and select Automatic.
- Confirm the modifications and close the Services window.
Tip 3 : Execute SFC/SCANNOW
- Open command prompt with the administrator privilege.
- Go to Start menu, right-click on the Command Prompt and choose Run as administrator.
- Once command line is opened, type sfc/scannow.
- Once execution gets completed, close command prompt.
Tip 4 : Terminate Windows Update Service
- Click on the Windows button, type Administrative Tool.
- Choose option from results and select Services.
- Now select the Name column to set names.
- Looks for the Windows Update, right-click on it and select Stop option.
Tip 5 : Execute Inbuilt Windows Update Troubleshooter
- Download Windows Update Troubleshooter tool.
- Go with on-screen instructions carefully.
- If any issues are detected, it will be fixed them automatically.