The topic of this post is WannaMine, a dangerous Trojan infection that capable to cause several issues to user's Computer. If it has infected your machine and searching for it's deletion guide from long time then read this post and follow the described instruction carefully.
|Summary of WannaMine|
|Targeted OS||Windows 32 & 64|
|Related||Mac.BackDoor.Siggen.20 Virus, Coreshell, PsMiner etc.|
|Occurrences||Torrent downloads, exploit kits, spam campaign, pirated software, fake updater, pop-ups, download link and many more.|
|Deletion||Possible, expert's are highly recommended users to use Windows Scanner Tool to locate and delete WannaMine from their PC.|
Unique Facts of WannaMine That Users Must Know
WannaMine is known as a fileless malware used by hackers for mining cryptocurrency. First of all, it was identified in the October 2017 that infects user machine by exploiting NSA EternalBlue exploit kit. This malware uses same exploit kits used by National Security Agency and it also uses 'living off land' tactic means hackers often uses exploiting tools or program that are installed on user's machine already. These days, WannaMine uses PowerShell and Windows Management Instrumentation (WMI) permanent subscription to get persistence and operate on user machine.
Get Familiar With Primary Goal of WannaMine
WannaMine belongs to worst Trojan family and it also works as a System worm. After affecting user's machine, it spreads itself continuously via complete network. The primary goal of this malware is to mine the Monero cryptocurrency. So, it attempts to take large amount of RAM's and System's processor power in order to make the digital money. Just because the using of high System resources, it makes targeted machine unusable. Besides, it gain control over PC, displays several alter, messages or notification, makes various unnecessary modification, disables security measure and many more. So, deletion of WannaMine is highly recommended from contaminated machine.
Helpful Tricks To Avoid Attack of WannaMine
WannaMine takes advantages of the EternalBlue exploit kit and uses various deceptive tactics to compromise user's machine. Well, no need to be get panic because you can avoid the WannaMine by opting some preventive measures including :
- Install your software updates regularly.
- Download and install Windows patches.
- Users must stay away from the corrupt, illegal or suspicious downloads.
- Don't open any unknown message or email attachment.
- Avoid to open any suspicious link received on your inbox from any unknown contact.
- Download and install the trusted anti-virus tool to scan and delete WannaMine.
A. WannaMine Manual Removal
How to Change the System Folder Settings to view hidden files
On Windows 7 | Vista
Windows Logo button is to be selected and then you need to Open Windows Explorer.
Click on Organize selecting Folder and Search Options.
Now Click on View Tab and select Show hidden files and folders Option to view WannaMine related files.
Click on OK to Apply
On Windows 8
Select on Windows + E keys in combination on the keyboard.
Click on View Tab option
File name Extensions along with hidden items is to be checked
Step 2: Delete WannaMine Related Files in Hidden Folders as given
- %Temp%\[adware name]
- %AppData%\[adware name]
- %LocalAppData%\[adware name]
- %LocalAppData%\[adware name].exe
- %CommonAppData%\[adware name]
Step 3 : Remove WannaMine Related Registry Files on Windows
First, Open Registry Editor
On Windows 7| Vista
Click on Start Button
Select on Run Button
Finally Click on OK button
On Windows 8 Computer
Click on Win [Window Key] + R in Combination on Keyboard
Type regedit.exe in dialog box and press OK.
Confirm OK to open the registry editor.
Look for WannaMine related files and entries created in Win Registry.
Note: This step is only suitable for users having Technical Skills, if you delete any other entries other than WannaMine, it will permanently damage your PC.
B. WannaMine Removal from Windows OS
How to Uninstall WannaMine related program on PC
on Windows 10
1. On Win 10 Screen, Click on Start Menu and Select All apps.
this will show entire list of apps installed on Win 10, Find WannaMine or any other suspicious program from the list. Right Click on the Selected item to uninstall it.
On Win 7 | Vista
- Select and Click on the Start Button and Click on Control Panel using Start Menu.
2. You need to Select Uninstall Program under the Program Category in Control Panel.
3. Using the Window, Program and Features option, select Installed on to view all the recently installed programs, Now uninstall WannaMine or any other suspicious programs.
From window 8 PC
1. Press Windows key + I simultaneously , then open Setting Bar, click Control Panel to open it
2. Under Programs category, select Uninstall a program
3. Search WannaMine program in Program and Features window, then click on Uninstall
Step 2:- Uninstall WannaMine toolbar, add-on, plug-in and extension from browser IE/Microsoft Edge/Firefox/Google Chrome
From Chrome Browser
1. On Chrome browser, select menu
2. Select Advanced Settings option
3. Click on Extension
4. To remove WannaMine extension, click on Trash icon
5. Select the Remove option in dialog box
From Microsoft Edge Browser
( Microsoft Edge does not support extension, now you have to just reset the search engine and homepage of Edge browser)
1. Set homepage on Edge browser to remove WannaMine
On address bar click More(..), and then select Settings option
3. View Advanced Settings for specific page, to set homepage to Open with option
4. To set your own homepage click on Custom, the then type URL of your own homepage
2. To remove WannaMine set default Search Engine
- On address bar click More(..), and then select Settings option
- select the View advanced settings option
- Select “Search in the address bar with”, then enter the search engine by clicking on <Add new> option, then click on Add as default
- Custom option is to be selected, enter the URL of the homepage to be set as
From IE Browser
1. To open Manage add-ons on your IE browser, click on Tools button
2. Select Toolbars and Extensions, them make a selection of WannaMine to remove it
3. Now click on Reset button to remove WannaMine add-ons
From Firefox browser
1. To open Add-on Manager tab, select Menu button, and then click on Add-ons
2. Click Extensions
3. Select Remove or Disable button
How to Remove WannaMine Automatically
Well, in the fast growing technology and day by day increasing malicious activities of cyber criminals, it is necessary for every computer user to protect their PC from WannaMine. You must own a best removal tool which can provide safety and security to your windows machine. WannaMine Free Scanner is one of the best tool which is capable to detect WannaMine or any malware completely from compromised machine. However you need to purchase its licensed version to delete WannaMine completely.
|French||Éliminer WannaMine de Chrome|
|German||Schritt für Schritt Anleitung zu Entfernen WannaMine von Firefox|
|Polish||wskazówek, które Usunąć WannaMine|
|Portuguese||Remover WannaMine Completamente|
|Italian||Guida passo dopo passo Per Liberarsi di WannaMine|
|Spanish||Guiar a Retirar WannaMine|
|Danish||Easy guide til at Fjerne WannaMine fra Safari|
|Dutch||Het verwijderen WannaMine Handmatig|
User Guide : Automatic WannaMine Free Scanner
Step 1 Download the software and now install it on your computer. Click on “Scan Computer” to detect presence of WannaMine and its harmful traces.
Step 2 Scan in progress can be viewed
Step 3 Use System Guard feature to block entry of WannaMine and its infectious files.
Step 4 HelpDesk is an additional feature which is can sort out all your troubles usually you face when PC is infected with WannaMine
Step 5 WannaMine Free Scanner has Network Sentry feature which helps to block modification done through Internet connectivity on your computer system.
Step 6 Enable Scan Scheduler feature on your computer to perform scanning at pre set time like daily, weekly or monthly.