|Virus Type:||Trojan, Crypto-miner, Malware|
More details will be displayed in the following article.
If you want to save time, please directly skip to the easy guide to remove CookieMiner.
You can directly download the anti-virus tool here:
Recently, Mac malware developers has created a new crypto mining malware named CookieMiner. The name of this malware clearly indicates that it tracks browser cookies to mine cryptocurrency. If somehow your Mac OS gets affected by this malware and you are in search of its deletion guide then reading of this post will be beneficial for you. Because here you will get the detailed information of CookieMiner and it's appropriate deletion guide.
Crucial Facts of CookieMiner That You Must Know
CookieMiner is identified as a notorious and dangerous Trojan infection. First of all, it was reported by the team of security analysts on January 31, 2019. It is promoted on Mac OS X as a Cookies and CPU miner that is mainly used by cyber hackers to mine the koto coins and gather crypto-coins from the compromised machines. This crypto-miner malware has been specifically designed and used to gather the browser cookies from installed browsers and the cryptocurrency funds. Before knowing too much information of CookieMiner, you must know that Koto is actually a Zcash based cryptocurrency which is mainly best suited to Japanese market. This notorious malware is mainly based on OSX.DarthMiner malware that uses the component of backdoor to enable hackers to connect to the compromised system. It featured with lots of dangerous features including :
- Extracts the browser cookies from users browser.
- Extracts the saved login details like username, password, bank account details etc.
- Collects the authentication keys and offline wallets.
- Retrieve the back up text messages and other sensitive data.
- Secretly opens backdoor and injects several malicious threats without users awareness etc.
Transmission Channels of CookieMiner
Being a member of malware family, CookieMiner malware has opted lots of distribution ways but some of the most common are :
- Cracked or cost-free software
- Download of freeware and bogus updates
- Fake spam emails or junk mail attachments
- Torrent downloads or malicious sites
- Infected peripheral devices
- P2P file sharing website and many more.
Troubles Made By CookieMiner
- Throws several fake notifications, alerts or messages on user screen.
- Disables windows firewall program and anti-virus tool.
- Slows down the entire System and network speed.
- Risks your privacy after sending your sensitive data to remote attackers.
- Downloads several risky and dangerous malware or threat on your Computer.
- Injects several malicious codes to startup section and system registry.
- Freezes up Mac OS X and crashes users installed browsers etc.
|English||Easy Guide To Uninstall CookieMiner|
|French||Supprimer CookieMiner de Firefox|
|German||Löschen CookieMiner In einfachen Schritten|
|Polish||Usuwanie CookieMiner W ciągu zaledwie kilku krokach|
|Portuguese||Desinstalar CookieMiner de Opera|
|Italian||Eliminazione CookieMiner Immediatamente|
|Spanish||Desinstalar CookieMiner de Opera|
|Danish||Sletning CookieMiner Fuldstændig|
|Dutch||Verwijderen CookieMiner Met Succes|
How to Delete CookieMiner Safely from Macintosh Computer
CookieMiner is one of the most dangerous and notorious trojan threat which is quite very troublemaker and contribute lots of problems for the innocent PC users. This threat is now disbursed all across and has targeted many System to put its harmful effects. Although, CookieMiner might not seen to be very dangerous and so mostly people avoid its presence. Nevertheless, it is a very dreadful trojan infection that sneaks into computer very silently and quickly manages to hide its identity without letting anyone know about its presence. CookieMiner execute command prompt to continue its evil tasks and copies file name to prevents itself from being detected. Now, there must be in your mind how such type of malware slips into PC.
Below is the list of negative impact of CookieMiner is given that would let you know how dangerous and infectious CookieMiner is.
CookieMiner often copies genuine file and prevent itself from being detected.
It changes file name stored in the PC with malicious extensions.
You might notice certain changes into the system default settings.
It is a troublemaker threat which creates problems when you reboot your computer.
Its worst impact might leads to unusual shut down of Computer
It is responsible for slower system performance speed.
CookieMiner brings your privacy at high risk and allows web hackers to use you personal details for illegal purpose which might lead you to become identity theft victim.
Step 1. Uninstall CookieMiner completely From Mac OSX
1. Open “Finder“
2. Go to the “Applications” folder
3. Right click on CookieMiner and then select “Move to Trash“
4. Open “Trash” folder and select “Empty”
Step 2. Remove CookieMiner related extension from Your Browser
Uninstall CookieMiner From Safari
- Open the Safari browser
- Click on ‘Safari‘ and select ‘Preferences‘
- Now choose the ‘extensions‘ tab from top menu bar
- The list of all currently installed
- extensions, or plugins will get opened
- Choose CookieMiner and other suspicious extensions.
- Finally click on Uninstall button.
Remove CookieMiner From Mac Chrome
- Click the Chrome Menu on the browser toolbar.
- Select Tools and choose the Extensions option.
- Select CookieMiner extension and click the trash icon
- Make sure to remove all unwanted or suspicious extensions.
- Click on Remove button if confirmation dialog box opens.
Remove CookieMiner From Mac Firefox
Open your Firefox and select the Firefox OSX menu.
option from the Firefox menu.
Choose Add-ons Manager tab and click Extensions panel.
Select CookieMiner and click on Disable or Remove button.
Make sure to remove all unwanted or suspicious extensions.
Click on Restart now button if it pops up.
Step 3. Download MacKeeper To Remove CookieMiner
If you have performed all the above steps but CookieMiner still remains on your Mac then you should use Mackeeper Tool to remove this threat completely from your Mac. If you don’t want to perform those manual steps then you can also use the Mackeeper Tool to automatically remove CookieMiner from your Mac machine. It is an elite Mac cleaner and optimizer Tool enhance that remove all kinds of junks and harmful infections from Mac. It is an all in one Mac optimization Tool that boost the performance of your Mac and give the optimum security.
User Guide :- How To Remove CookieMiner using Mackeeper
1. Click on the below button to download MacKeeper now
2. Double-click “MacKeeper.dmg” and complete the installation process.
3. In “System Status” tab, run a Scan to detect CookieMiner and then click “Fix items Safely” to clean up all infections.