Trojan StoneDrill.A : Threat Assessment
- Name: Trojan StoneDrill.A
- Type: Trojan
- Discovered on: March 07th, 2017
- Updated on: March 14th, 2017 2:20:58 AM
- Alert Level: Severe
- Infection Length: Varies
- Affected Machines: Windows Operating Systems
Detailed Information on Trojan StoneDrill.A
Trojan StoneDrill.A is a backdoor Trojan which is specifically programmed to allow a criminal hacker to obtain illegal access to your computer through a digital backdoor. Just like a real-life backdoor that allows a robber to enter a targeted house or a building without being noticed, a backdoor into a PC like the one that malware establishes which allows a hacker to gain access to the infected device without being detected by the security programs of compromised system. Once installed, the Trojan StoneDrill.A will open up an unauthorized opening which allows racketeers to carry out malicious tasks by gaining access to the user's computer from a remote server.
If you are afraid that your system has been in contact with this backdoor trojan, you should scan your device with a reliable anti-malware suite after restarting Windows operating system in Safe Mode. While a backdoor virus can be used to do anything on the affected machine, for example, stealing confidential information, installing other precarious threats, or deleting the vital contents of the system's hard drive. Besides, Trojan StoneDrill.A itself is generally associated with various online scams that causes identity theft or stealing personal data like banking account details. The malware can also be used to execute a nasty keylogger component on the PC.
Malicious Properties of Trojan StoneDrill.A Virus
The keylogger placed by Trojan StoneDrill.A can record all the keys that are pressed by the users on infected system's keyboard, which means that hackers can use these data to steal your passwords for online banking sites and other sensitive information like credit card details or bank account numbers as well. It can also be used to monitor your online activity and spy on your personal communications. The gathered details sent to a remote server where crooks can use it for their own malicious purposes. So, remove Trojan StoneDrill.A from your system ASAP.
A. Trojan StoneDrill.A Manual Removal
How to Change the System Folder Settings to view hidden files
On Windows 7 | Vista
Windows Logo button is to be selected and then you need to Open Windows Explorer.
Click on Organize selecting Folder and Search Options.
Now Click on View Tab and select Show hidden files and folders Option to view Trojan StoneDrill.A related files.
Click on OK to Apply
On Windows 8
Select on Windows + E keys in combination on the keyboard.
Click on View Tab option
File name Extensions along with hidden items is to be checked
Step 2: Delete Trojan StoneDrill.A Related Files in Hidden Folders as given
- %Temp%\[adware name]
- %AppData%\[adware name]
- %LocalAppData%\[adware name]
- %LocalAppData%\[adware name].exe
- %CommonAppData%\[adware name]
Step 3 : Remove Trojan StoneDrill.A Related Registry Files on Windows
First, Open Registry Editor
On Windows 7| Vista
Click on Start Button
Select on Run Button
Finally Click on OK button
On Windows 8 Computer
Click on Win [Window Key] + R in Combination on Keyboard
Type regedit.exe in dialog box and press OK.
Confirm OK to open the registry editor.
Look for Trojan StoneDrill.A related files and entries created in Win Registry.
Note: This step is only suitable for users having Technical Skills, if you delete any other entries other than Trojan StoneDrill.A, it will permanently damage your PC.
B. Trojan StoneDrill.A Removal from Windows OS
How to Uninstall Trojan StoneDrill.A related program on PC
on Windows 10
1. On Win 10 Screen, Click on Start Menu and Select All apps.
this will show entire list of apps installed on Win 10, Find Trojan StoneDrill.A or any other suspicious program from the list. Right Click on the Selected item to uninstall it.
On Win 7 | Vista
- Select and Click on the Start Button and Click on Control Panel using Start Menu.
2. You need to Select Uninstall Program under the Program Category in Control Panel.
3. Using the Window, Program and Features option, select Installed on to view all the recently installed programs, Now uninstall Trojan StoneDrill.A or any other suspicious programs.
From window 8 PC
1. Press Windows key + I simultaneously , then open Setting Bar, click Control Panel to open it
2. Under Programs category, select Uninstall a program
3. Search Trojan StoneDrill.A program in Program and Features window, then click on Uninstall
Step 2:- Uninstall Trojan StoneDrill.A toolbar, add-on, plug-in and extension from browser IE/Microsoft Edge/Firefox/Google Chrome
From Chrome Browser
1. On Chrome browser, select menu
2. Select Advanced Settings option
3. Click on Extension
4. To remove Trojan StoneDrill.A extension, click on Trash icon
5. Select the Remove option in dialog box
From Microsoft Edge Browser
( Microsoft Edge does not support extension, now you have to just reset the search engine and homepage of Edge browser)
1. Set homepage on Edge browser to remove Trojan StoneDrill.A
On address bar click More(..), and then select Settings option
3. View Advanced Settings for specific page, to set homepage to Open with option
4. To set your own homepage click on Custom, the then type URL of your own homepage
2. To remove Trojan StoneDrill.A set default Search Engine
- On address bar click More(..), and then select Settings option
- select the View advanced settings option
- Select “Search in the address bar with”, then enter the search engine by clicking on <Add new> option, then click on Add as default
- Custom option is to be selected, enter the URL of the homepage to be set as
From IE Browser
1. To open Manage add-ons on your IE browser, click on Tools button
2. Select Toolbars and Extensions, them make a selection of Trojan StoneDrill.A to remove it
3. Now click on Reset button to remove Trojan StoneDrill.A add-ons
From Firefox browser
1. To open Add-on Manager tab, select Menu button, and then click on Add-ons
2. Click Extensions
3. Select Remove or Disable button
How to Remove Trojan StoneDrill.A Automatically
Well, in the fast growing technology and day by day increasing malicious activities of cyber criminals, it is necessary for every computer user to protect their PC from Trojan StoneDrill.A. You must own a best removal tool which can provide safety and security to your windows machine. Trojan StoneDrill.A Free Scanner is one of the best tool which is capable to detect Trojan StoneDrill.A or any malware completely from compromised machine. However you need to purchase its licensed version to delete Trojan StoneDrill.A completely.
|French||Solution À Supprimer Trojan StoneDrill.A|
|German||Löschen Trojan StoneDrill.A von Opera : Herunter nehmen Trojan StoneDrill.A|
|Polish||Tutorial do Kasować Trojan StoneDrill.A z Opera|
|Portuguese||Guia Passo a Passo Para Excluir Trojan StoneDrill.A de Safari|
|Italian||Suggerimenti per Rimuovere Trojan StoneDrill.A da Chrome|
|Spanish||Guiar a Borrar Trojan StoneDrill.A de Firefox|
|Danish||Slip af med Trojan StoneDrill.A fra Firefox|
|Dutch||Verwijderen Trojan StoneDrill.A In Eenvoudige Stappen|
User Guide : Automatic Trojan StoneDrill.A Free Scanner
Step 1 Download the software and now install it on your computer. Click on “Scan Computer” to detect presence of Trojan StoneDrill.A and its harmful traces.
Step 2 Scan in progress can be viewed
Step 3 Use System Guard feature to block entry of Trojan StoneDrill.A and its infectious files.
Step 4 HelpDesk is an additional feature which is can sort out all your troubles usually you face when PC is infected with Trojan StoneDrill.A
Step 5 Trojan StoneDrill.A Free Scanner has Network Sentry feature which helps to block modification done through Internet connectivity on your computer system.
Step 6 Enable Scan Scheduler feature on your computer to perform scanning at pre set time like daily, weekly or monthly.