Is your Windows PC infected by PingPong? Have you no any idea how it victimized your PC? Want to know actually what is it and it's removal tip? If so, you can go through with this post completely and get complete removal instructions of PingPong.
Researchers Report on PingPong
PingPong is a deceptive Google Chrome extension that categorized as a Potentially Unwanted Program. It is considered as the latest Computer threat that infects innocent user secretly and execute several malicious processes. Although, this extension describes itself as "Beautiful, Just beautiful" and promoted as a very safe tool. This program claims to allow user to play several video games online. But in reality, it does not do anything as it claimed. It is one of the irritating and annoying program that causes numerous annoyances on the Windows PC. Technically, it is not a malicious threats but due to it's negative and harmful traits, it is unwanted for the windows PC. This program is promoted by the remote hackers to force user to install it and earn online money.
Malicious Doings of PingPong
Similar to the another unwanted program, it has been programmed by the cyber hackers in such a way that it supports almost all browser. Once taking control over the browsers, it bombards user screen with several advertisements on various size or shape including banner ads, audio ads, video ads, image ads, in-text ads, deals, discounts, comparison prices and much more. These advertisements are generated to lead you always to unsafe or malicious domain where numerous malicious codes executed. It has been mainly programmed by remote attackers to carry out the illicit activities on targeted PC. Rather than providing any helpful features, it will cause serious damages to your PC. To avoid PC from further malware attacks, deletion of PingPong is required from the compromised machine immediately.
Propagation Channels of PingPong
Being a Potentially Unwanted Program, it penetrates inside the Windows PC secretly using several deceptive methods such as hidden malicious code to shareware or freeware packages, spam messages or junk mail attachments, P2P file sharing networks, torrent hackers, infected devices, online games and much more. It secretly drops as an additional component in System and executes in the System background to bring several unstoppable issues. Therefore, you must be attentive while downloading any cost-free packages and doing online operation.
A. PingPong Manual Removal
How to Change the System Folder Settings to view hidden files
On Windows 7 | Vista
Windows Logo button is to be selected and then you need to Open Windows Explorer.
Click on Organize selecting Folder and Search Options.
Now Click on View Tab and select Show hidden files and folders Option to view PingPong related files.
Click on OK to Apply
On Windows 8
Select on Windows + E keys in combination on the keyboard.
Click on View Tab option
File name Extensions along with hidden items is to be checked
Step 2: Delete PingPong Related Files in Hidden Folders as given
- %Temp%\[adware name]
- %AppData%\[adware name]
- %LocalAppData%\[adware name]
- %LocalAppData%\[adware name].exe
- %CommonAppData%\[adware name]
Step 3 : Remove PingPong Related Registry Files on Windows
First, Open Registry Editor
On Windows 7| Vista
Click on Start Button
Select on Run Button
Finally Click on OK button
On Windows 8 Computer
Click on Win [Window Key] + R in Combination on Keyboard
Type regedit.exe in dialog box and press OK.
Confirm OK to open the registry editor.
Look for PingPong related files and entries created in Win Registry.
Note: This step is only suitable for users having Technical Skills, if you delete any other entries other than PingPong, it will permanently damage your PC.
B. PingPong Removal from Windows OS
How to Uninstall PingPong related program on PC
on Windows 10
1. On Win 10 Screen, Click on Start Menu and Select All apps.
this will show entire list of apps installed on Win 10, Find PingPong or any other suspicious program from the list. Right Click on the Selected item to uninstall it.
On Win 7 | Vista
- Select and Click on the Start Button and Click on Control Panel using Start Menu.
2. You need to Select Uninstall Program under the Program Category in Control Panel.
3. Using the Window, Program and Features option, select Installed on to view all the recently installed programs, Now uninstall PingPong or any other suspicious programs.
From window 8 PC
1. Press Windows key + I simultaneously , then open Setting Bar, click Control Panel to open it
2. Under Programs category, select Uninstall a program
3. Search PingPong program in Program and Features window, then click on Uninstall
Step 2:- Uninstall PingPong toolbar, add-on, plug-in and extension from browser IE/Microsoft Edge/Firefox/Google Chrome
From Chrome Browser
1. On Chrome browser, select menu
2. Select Advanced Settings option
3. Click on Extension
4. To remove PingPong extension, click on Trash icon
5. Select the Remove option in dialog box
From Microsoft Edge Browser
( Microsoft Edge does not support extension, now you have to just reset the search engine and homepage of Edge browser)
1. Set homepage on Edge browser to remove PingPong
On address bar click More(..), and then select Settings option
3. View Advanced Settings for specific page, to set homepage to Open with option
4. To set your own homepage click on Custom, the then type URL of your own homepage
2. To remove PingPong set default Search Engine
- On address bar click More(..), and then select Settings option
- select the View advanced settings option
- Select “Search in the address bar with”, then enter the search engine by clicking on <Add new> option, then click on Add as default
- Custom option is to be selected, enter the URL of the homepage to be set as
From IE Browser
1. To open Manage add-ons on your IE browser, click on Tools button
2. Select Toolbars and Extensions, them make a selection of PingPong to remove it
3. Now click on Reset button to remove PingPong add-ons
From Firefox browser
1. To open Add-on Manager tab, select Menu button, and then click on Add-ons
2. Click Extensions
3. Select Remove or Disable button
PingPong Uninstallation: Tutorial To Remove PingPong In Simple Steps
|French||Désinstaller PingPong de Chrome|
|German||Deinstallieren PingPong von Opera|
|Polish||Usunąć PingPong z Opera : Wypruć PingPong|
|Portuguese||Excluir PingPong de Opera|
|Italian||Semplici passi per Rimuovere PingPong da Internet Explorer|
|Spanish||Deshacerse De PingPong de Safari : Borrar PingPong|
|Japanese||削除 PingPong 完全に|
|Dutch||Verwijderen PingPong Handmatig|
|Danish||trin til Fjerne PingPong|
How to Remove PingPong Automatically
Well, in the fast growing technology and day by day increasing malicious activities of cyber criminals, it is necessary for every computer user to protect their PC from PingPong. You must own a best removal tool which can provide safety and security to your windows machine. PingPong Free Scanner is one of the best tool which is capable to detect PingPong or any malware completely from compromised machine. However you need to purchase its licensed version to delete PingPong completely.
User Guide : Automatic PingPong Free Scanner
Step 1 Download the software and now install it on your computer. Click on “Scan Computer” to detect presence of PingPong and its harmful traces.
Step 2 Scan in progress can be viewed
Step 3 Use System Guard feature to block entry of PingPong and its infectious files.
Step 4 HelpDesk is an additional feature which is can sort out all your troubles usually you face when PC is infected with PingPong
Step 5 PingPong Free Scanner has Network Sentry feature which helps to block modification done through Internet connectivity on your computer system.
Step 6 Enable Scan Scheduler feature on your computer to perform scanning at pre set time like daily, weekly or monthly.