All You Need To Know About OpenCandy ads
OpenCandy ads is a dubious adware infection which is developed by SweetLabs. In most of the cases, this potentially unwanted program invades your computer with the help of some freeware apps. It comes bundled with most popular Windows softwares. In addition to that, it spies on user's online browsing activities and gathers some specific type of information without asking their permissions. The main objectives of collecting user's information is to those data to the third-parties for advertising purposes. OpenCandy ads has the ability to alter the default startup page by modifying the default settings of installed web browsers. It does that without seeking for user's approval.
As a result, you may notice annoying advertisements which leads you to unreliable web pages. However, it is not secret that adware programs like OpenCandy ads dramatically diminishes the browsing experience that completely frustrates the system users. Nevertheless, the fact is that the threat enters the user's computer legally but technically, without asking their permissions. The Windows executable of this potentially undesired application was first noticed on November 2010. It is quite important for the system users to remove OpenCandy ads and its related processes from the Windows Task Manager. This can be done to protect your machine from the intrusion any other precarious threats.
How OpenCandy ads Enters Your Computer?
Unwanted programs like this one usually comes bundled with freeware apps. Therefore, to avoid getting infected with such threats, you need to monitor the installation procedure. This can be done by selecting Advanced or Custom settings instead of Default or Standard in order to uncheck the additional apps like OpenCandy ads that comes bundled with freeware programs that you have downloaded and installed recently on your system. Technically speaking, it is not a kind of dangerous computer virus, but it can irritate with its annoying adverts. Therefore, if you have already infected with this threat, you need to take immediate action to get rid of OpenCandy ads and make your online browsing much secure, because it can gather your non-personally identifiable data as well.
A. OpenCandy ads Manual Removal
How to Change the System Folder Settings to view hidden files
On Windows 7 | Vista
Windows Logo button is to be selected and then you need to Open Windows Explorer.
Click on Organize selecting Folder and Search Options.
Now Click on View Tab and select Show hidden files and folders Option to view OpenCandy ads related files.
Click on OK to Apply
On Windows 8
Select on Windows + E keys in combination on the keyboard.
Click on View Tab option
File name Extensions along with hidden items is to be checked
Step 2: Delete OpenCandy ads Related Files in Hidden Folders as given
- %Temp%\[adware name]
- %AppData%\[adware name]
- %LocalAppData%\[adware name]
- %LocalAppData%\[adware name].exe
- %CommonAppData%\[adware name]
Step 3 : Remove OpenCandy ads Related Registry Files on Windows
First, Open Registry Editor
On Windows 7| Vista
Click on Start Button
Select on Run Button
Finally Click on OK button
On Windows 8 Computer
Click on Win [Window Key] + R in Combination on Keyboard
Type regedit.exe in dialog box and press OK.
Confirm OK to open the registry editor.
Look for OpenCandy ads related files and entries created in Win Registry.
Note: This step is only suitable for users having Technical Skills, if you delete any other entries other than OpenCandy ads, it will permanently damage your PC.
B. OpenCandy ads Removal from Windows OS
How to Uninstall OpenCandy ads related program on PC
on Windows 10
1. On Win 10 Screen, Click on Start Menu and Select All apps.
this will show entire list of apps installed on Win 10, Find OpenCandy ads or any other suspicious program from the list. Right Click on the Selected item to uninstall it.
On Win 7 | Vista
- Select and Click on the Start Button and Click on Control Panel using Start Menu.
2. You need to Select Uninstall Program under the Program Category in Control Panel.
3. Using the Window, Program and Features option, select Installed on to view all the recently installed programs, Now uninstall OpenCandy ads or any other suspicious programs.
From window 8 PC
1. Press Windows key + I simultaneously , then open Setting Bar, click Control Panel to open it
2. Under Programs category, select Uninstall a program
3. Search OpenCandy ads program in Program and Features window, then click on Uninstall
Step 2:- Uninstall OpenCandy ads toolbar, add-on, plug-in and extension from browser IE/Microsoft Edge/Firefox/Google Chrome
From Chrome Browser
1. On Chrome browser, select menu
2. Select Advanced Settings option
3. Click on Extension
4. To remove OpenCandy ads extension, click on Trash icon
5. Select the Remove option in dialog box
From Microsoft Edge Browser
( Microsoft Edge does not support extension, now you have to just reset the search engine and homepage of Edge browser)
1. Set homepage on Edge browser to remove OpenCandy ads
On address bar click More(..), and then select Settings option
3. View Advanced Settings for specific page, to set homepage to Open with option
4. To set your own homepage click on Custom, the then type URL of your own homepage
2. To remove OpenCandy ads set default Search Engine
- On address bar click More(..), and then select Settings option
- select the View advanced settings option
- Select “Search in the address bar with”, then enter the search engine by clicking on <Add new> option, then click on Add as default
- Custom option is to be selected, enter the URL of the homepage to be set as
From IE Browser
1. To open Manage add-ons on your IE browser, click on Tools button
2. Select Toolbars and Extensions, them make a selection of OpenCandy ads to remove it
3. Now click on Reset button to remove OpenCandy ads add-ons
From Firefox browser
1. To open Add-on Manager tab, select Menu button, and then click on Add-ons
2. Click Extensions
3. Select Remove or Disable button
Step By Step Guide To Get Rid Of OpenCandy ads from Internet Explorer
|French||Simple Étapes À Éliminer OpenCandy ads de Safari|
|German||Löschen OpenCandy ads Leicht|
|Polish||Rozwiązanie Odinstaluj OpenCandy ads z Firefox|
|Portuguese||Remover OpenCandy ads Completamente|
|Italian||Rimuovere OpenCandy ads da Internet Explorer : Bloccare OpenCandy ads|
|Spanish||Quitar OpenCandy ads En sencillos pasos|
|Japanese||削除する OpenCandy ads から Chrome|
|Dutch||tips om Verwijderen OpenCandy ads van Safari|
|Danish||Løsning Til Slip af med OpenCandy ads|
How to Remove OpenCandy ads Automatically
Well, in the fast growing technology and day by day increasing malicious activities of cyber criminals, it is necessary for every computer user to protect their PC from OpenCandy ads. You must own a best removal tool which can provide safety and security to your windows machine. OpenCandy ads Free Scanner is one of the best tool which is capable to detect OpenCandy ads or any malware completely from compromised machine. However you need to purchase its licensed version to delete OpenCandy ads completely.
User Guide : Automatic OpenCandy ads Free Scanner
Step 1 Download the software and now install it on your computer. Click on “Scan Computer” to detect presence of OpenCandy ads and its harmful traces.
Step 2 Scan in progress can be viewed
Step 3 Use System Guard feature to block entry of OpenCandy ads and its infectious files.
Step 4 HelpDesk is an additional feature which is can sort out all your troubles usually you face when PC is infected with OpenCandy ads
Step 5 OpenCandy ads Free Scanner has Network Sentry feature which helps to block modification done through Internet connectivity on your computer system.
Step 6 Enable Scan Scheduler feature on your computer to perform scanning at pre set time like daily, weekly or monthly.