Brief Introduction of RansomWarrior ransomware
RansomWarrior ransomware is another file encrypting virus belongs to the Ransomware category. First of all it's sample was observed by security analysts on August 08, 2018. Some of the researchers are also detected it as RansomWarrior 1.0 ransomware. It uses 1.0 number in its name thus it can be expected that it will launch several versions of this ransomware in future. Similar to other ransomware, it also penetrates inside the PC and after that it immediately start the encryption procedure. It locks users files by adding .THBEC file extension and after that it drops a ransom note. See how the ransom message of RansomWarrior ransomware looks like :
Threat's Profile of RansomWarrior ransomware
- Name of Threat – RansomWarrior ransomware
- Category – Ransomware
- Alias – RansomWarrior 1.0 ransomware
- Risk Level – Very High
- Affected Systems – Windows OS
- Discovered on – August 8, 2018
- Cipher Used – AES-256
- File Extension – .THBEC
- Primary Aim – Locks user files and asks affected users to pay ransom demanded fee.
- Occurrences – Spam campaigns, corrupted sites, suspicious ads, malicious links, bundling method, pirated software etc.
- File Decryption – Possible
- Removal Recommendations – Download Windows Scanner Tool
Encryption Procedure Performed By RansomWarrior ransomware
RansomWarrior ransomware is mainly known for using strong and sophisticated AES-256 file encryption algorithm to take hostage of user's files. It is capable to target almost all file types stored on Windows machine such as PDFs, databases, documents, excel sheets, images, videos and many more. The enciphered objects of such a ransomware can be easily notable because it renames the affected files by adding .THBEC file extension. Once performing the successful file encryption procedure, it delivers a lengthy ransom note in a program window.
Ransom message tells victim that their System is compromised with RansomWarrior ransomware and hackers asks victims to pay about 349 USD in Bitcoins. The con artist of such a ransomware also mentioned the time period to pay ransom money that is 24 hours in order to get the decryption key. But team of security analysts are strictly warned victims to do so. Security researchers are highly advised users to get rid of RansomWarrior ransomware instead of paying the ransom fee.
A. RansomWarrior ransomware Manual Removal
How to Change the System Folder Settings to view hidden files
On Windows 7 | Vista
Windows Logo button is to be selected and then you need to Open Windows Explorer.
Click on Organize selecting Folder and Search Options.
Now Click on View Tab and select Show hidden files and folders Option to view RansomWarrior ransomware related files.
Click on OK to Apply
On Windows 8
Select on Windows + E keys in combination on the keyboard.
Click on View Tab option
File name Extensions along with hidden items is to be checked
Step 2: Delete RansomWarrior ransomware Related Files in Hidden Folders as given
- %Temp%\[adware name]
- %AppData%\[adware name]
- %LocalAppData%\[adware name]
- %LocalAppData%\[adware name].exe
- %CommonAppData%\[adware name]
Step 3 : Remove RansomWarrior ransomware Related Registry Files on Windows
First, Open Registry Editor
On Windows 7| Vista
Click on Start Button
Select on Run Button
Finally Click on OK button
On Windows 8 Computer
Click on Win [Window Key] + R in Combination on Keyboard
Type regedit.exe in dialog box and press OK.
Confirm OK to open the registry editor.
Look for RansomWarrior ransomware related files and entries created in Win Registry.
Note: This step is only suitable for users having Technical Skills, if you delete any other entries other than RansomWarrior ransomware, it will permanently damage your PC.
B. RansomWarrior ransomware Removal from Windows OS
How to Uninstall RansomWarrior ransomware related program on PC
on Windows 10
1. On Win 10 Screen, Click on Start Menu and Select All apps.
this will show entire list of apps installed on Win 10, Find RansomWarrior ransomware or any other suspicious program from the list. Right Click on the Selected item to uninstall it.
On Win 7 | Vista
- Select and Click on the Start Button and Click on Control Panel using Start Menu.
2. You need to Select Uninstall Program under the Program Category in Control Panel.
3. Using the Window, Program and Features option, select Installed on to view all the recently installed programs, Now uninstall RansomWarrior ransomware or any other suspicious programs.
From window 8 PC
1. Press Windows key + I simultaneously , then open Setting Bar, click Control Panel to open it
2. Under Programs category, select Uninstall a program
3. Search RansomWarrior ransomware program in Program and Features window, then click on Uninstall
Step 2:- Uninstall RansomWarrior ransomware toolbar, add-on, plug-in and extension from browser IE/Microsoft Edge/Firefox/Google Chrome
From Chrome Browser
1. On Chrome browser, select menu
2. Select Advanced Settings option
3. Click on Extension
4. To remove RansomWarrior ransomware extension, click on Trash icon
5. Select the Remove option in dialog box
From Microsoft Edge Browser
( Microsoft Edge does not support extension, now you have to just reset the search engine and homepage of Edge browser)
1. Set homepage on Edge browser to remove RansomWarrior ransomware
On address bar click More(..), and then select Settings option
3. View Advanced Settings for specific page, to set homepage to Open with option
4. To set your own homepage click on Custom, the then type URL of your own homepage
2. To remove RansomWarrior ransomware set default Search Engine
- On address bar click More(..), and then select Settings option
- select the View advanced settings option
- Select “Search in the address bar with”, then enter the search engine by clicking on <Add new> option, then click on Add as default
- Custom option is to be selected, enter the URL of the homepage to be set as
From IE Browser
1. To open Manage add-ons on your IE browser, click on Tools button
2. Select Toolbars and Extensions, them make a selection of RansomWarrior ransomware to remove it
3. Now click on Reset button to remove RansomWarrior ransomware add-ons
From Firefox browser
1. To open Add-on Manager tab, select Menu button, and then click on Add-ons
2. Click Extensions
3. Select Remove or Disable button
How to Remove RansomWarrior ransomware Automatically
Well, in the fast growing technology and day by day increasing malicious activities of cyber criminals, it is necessary for every computer user to protect their PC from RansomWarrior ransomware. You must own a best removal tool which can provide safety and security to your windows machine. RansomWarrior ransomware Free Scanner is one of the best tool which is capable to detect RansomWarrior ransomware or any malware completely from compromised machine. However you need to purchase its licensed version to delete RansomWarrior ransomware completely.
User Guide : Automatic RansomWarrior ransomware Free Scanner
Step 1 Download the software and now install it on your computer. Click on “Scan Computer” to detect presence of RansomWarrior ransomware and its harmful traces.
Step 2 Scan in progress can be viewed
Step 3 Use System Guard feature to block entry of RansomWarrior ransomware and its infectious files.
Step 4 HelpDesk is an additional feature which is can sort out all your troubles usually you face when PC is infected with RansomWarrior ransomware
Step 5 RansomWarrior ransomware Free Scanner has Network Sentry feature which helps to block modification done through Internet connectivity on your computer system.
Step 6 Enable Scan Scheduler feature on your computer to perform scanning at pre set time like daily, weekly or monthly.
Get Rid Of RansomWarrior ransomware In Simple Steps
|French||Retrait RansomWarrior ransomware Immédiatement|
|German||Löschen RansomWarrior ransomware Manuell|
|Polish||Odinstaluj RansomWarrior ransomware z Firefox|
|Portuguese||Desinstalar RansomWarrior ransomware de Internet Explorer|
|Italian||Semplici passi per Elimina RansomWarrior ransomware da Opera|
|Spanish||Quitar RansomWarrior ransomware Exitosamente|
|Japanese||アンインストール RansomWarrior ransomware から Firefox|
|Dutch||Gids naar Desinstallatie RansomWarrior ransomware van Safari|
|Danish||Fjerne RansomWarrior ransomware fra Opera : Ren RansomWarrior ransomware|