Are you getting windows update error code 0x80070002 and 0x80070003 on your Windows PC? Are you unable to update your Windows OS due to this error message? Searching for an effective tips or solution to fix windows update error code 0x80070002 and 0x80070003? If yes then you are absolutely landed at the right place. Here, you will get the effective tips through which you can easily fix fix windows update error code 0x80070002 and 0x80070003 easily without any hassle.
Descriptive Note on error code 0x80070002 and 0x80070003
Error code 0x80070002 and 0x80070003 is just an issues faced by almost all Windows 10 users. This issue is usually appears when Windows update fails to install. It may also emerges when System users tries to access the Windows Update, find available Windows 10 update and attempts to execute it. The update procedure starts to loading but freezes at some time and throws error code 0x80070002 and 0x80070003.
Some Reasons Behind The Occurrences of Error Code 0x80070002 and 0x80070003
- Modification of System drive letter.
- Modification of Windows default security provider.
- Issues while updating of any certain or specific files.
- Modification of specific software within default security provider etc.
5 Best Tips To fix windows update error code 0x80070002 and 0x80070003
Tips 1 : Check Date & Time Settings
- First of all, login your System with the administrative rights.
- Click on Date & Time that appear on lower right corner of PC.
- In the opened Window, click on ‘Change date and time settings’.
- To ensure the setup of correct date/time/year in your PC, click on Change date and time option.
- After that press on ‘Change time zone’ to ensure the proper time zone.
- Lastly, restart your PC and update your System.
Tips 2 : Delete The Corrupted Windows Update Installation Files
- Go to Start button > Choose Control Panel.
- In the search box, type Administrative Tool and then press on Enter key.
- On the opened pop-up window, locate Service and double-click on it.
- Go to Name tab, locate for Windows Update Service, right-click on it and then choose Stop option.
Tips 3 : Delete The Software Distribution Folder
- Click on This PC or My Computer.
- Navigate to the C:\Windows folder.
- Locate SoftwareDistribution folder.
- Right-click on it and choose Delete option.
Tips 4 : Modify Registry Editor
- Press Win+R keys together to open Run box.
- In Run box, type regedit and press on Enter key.
- Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\WindowsUpdate\OSUpgrade.
- Choose OSUpgrade key, right click on empty area on right pane of Registry Editor, click on New and then after click on the DWORD (32-bit) value.
- Right click on newly created New-value and then choose Modify option.
- Modify value name to AllowOSUpgrade.
- Lastly restart your PC.
Tips 5 : Restart The Windows Update Service
- Open Services window.
- Right-click on Windows Update.
- Select Properties option.
- Click on Start and then after OK button to restart the service.
- Exit from Windows and lastly restart your PC.