Today morning, when I opened my system I got shocked to see that all of my browsers and system settings got modified without my permission. Then after I run a full system scan using my antivirus then it alerting me about a browser hijacker infection known as secure-surf.net. I don't know how it comes inside of my system. PC gets very slow to work and many of unwanted activities done by it. So please give me some best instructions to remove it quickly from PC.
Unknown details about secure-surf.net
- Name – secure-surf.net
- Type – Browser Hijacker
- Risk – Medium
- IP address – 188.8.131.52
- Created – 15/12/2016
- Expires – 15/12/2017
- Updated – 15/12/2016
- Symptoms – Hijacked browsers homepage and search engine page, redirections etc.
- Delivery – Infected ads, spam emails, freeware or shareware etc.
- Infected OS – Windows
What is the secure-surf.net?
secure-surf.net is a deceitful webpage which is promoted as a legit search engine but in reality it is a fake search engine, which is considered as a browser hijacker infection by the malware experts. It comes on your system as in a form of your default search engine or homepage. It pretends itself as some popular search engines such as Google, Yahoo, and Bing but it slightly differ from them. Once it installed on the system it attack on all your installed browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Edge, Opera, Internet Explorer and similar other web clients to make full control over them. In first view this secure-surf.net may looks you vary useful due to its attractive services and functionalities but later on when you installed on their system and it start annoying you then you understand the real reason behind its creation and deploying stealthily among the system users by using various tricky methods.
secure-surf.net follows general methods of installations on your system. It may comes inside of your system while you installing any of third party freeware or shareware which follows hidden installation to install additional programs without users consent. Due to this unwanted installation it might possible that malware attack on your system. So you should use "Custom or Advanced" screens to install new programs which provides you to see the installation list and if anything found wrong then you can immediately terminate it and save from infection attack. So you should be very careful while downloading new programs. So you should remove secure-surf.net from your system as soon as possible.
A. secure-surf.net Manual Removal
How to Change the System Folder Settings to view hidden files
On Windows 7 | Vista
Windows Logo button is to be selected and then you need to Open Windows Explorer.
Click on Organize selecting Folder and Search Options.
Now Click on View Tab and select Show hidden files and folders Option to view secure-surf.net related files.
Click on OK to Apply
On Windows 8
Select on Windows + E keys in combination on the keyboard.
Click on View Tab option
File name Extensions along with hidden items is to be checked
Step 2: Delete secure-surf.net Related Files in Hidden Folders as given
- %Temp%\[adware name]
- %AppData%\[adware name]
- %LocalAppData%\[adware name]
- %LocalAppData%\[adware name].exe
- %CommonAppData%\[adware name]
Step 3 : Remove secure-surf.net Related Registry Files on Windows
First, Open Registry Editor
On Windows 7| Vista
Click on Start Button
Select on Run Button
Finally Click on OK button
On Windows 8 Computer
Click on Win [Window Key] + R in Combination on Keyboard
Type regedit.exe in dialog box and press OK.
Confirm OK to open the registry editor.
Look for secure-surf.net related files and entries created in Win Registry.
Note: This step is only suitable for users having Technical Skills, if you delete any other entries other than secure-surf.net, it will permanently damage your PC.
B. secure-surf.net Removal from Windows OS
How to Uninstall secure-surf.net related program on PC
on Windows 10
1. On Win 10 Screen, Click on Start Menu and Select All apps.
this will show entire list of apps installed on Win 10, Find secure-surf.net or any other suspicious program from the list. Right Click on the Selected item to uninstall it.
On Win 7 | Vista
- Select and Click on the Start Button and Click on Control Panel using Start Menu.
2. You need to Select Uninstall Program under the Program Category in Control Panel.
3. Using the Window, Program and Features option, select Installed on to view all the recently installed programs, Now uninstall secure-surf.net or any other suspicious programs.
From window 8 PC
1. Press Windows key + I simultaneously , then open Setting Bar, click Control Panel to open it
2. Under Programs category, select Uninstall a program
3. Search secure-surf.net program in Program and Features window, then click on Uninstall
Step 2:- Uninstall secure-surf.net toolbar, add-on, plug-in and extension from browser IE/Microsoft Edge/Firefox/Google Chrome
From Chrome Browser
1. On Chrome browser, select menu
2. Select Advanced Settings option
3. Click on Extension
4. To remove secure-surf.net extension, click on Trash icon
5. Select the Remove option in dialog box
From Microsoft Edge Browser
( Microsoft Edge does not support extension, now you have to just reset the search engine and homepage of Edge browser)
1. Set homepage on Edge browser to remove secure-surf.net
On address bar click More(..), and then select Settings option
3. View Advanced Settings for specific page, to set homepage to Open with option
4. To set your own homepage click on Custom, the then type URL of your own homepage
2. To remove secure-surf.net set default Search Engine
- On address bar click More(..), and then select Settings option
- select the View advanced settings option
- Select “Search in the address bar with”, then enter the search engine by clicking on <Add new> option, then click on Add as default
- Custom option is to be selected, enter the URL of the homepage to be set as
From IE Browser
1. To open Manage add-ons on your IE browser, click on Tools button
2. Select Toolbars and Extensions, them make a selection of secure-surf.net to remove it
3. Now click on Reset button to remove secure-surf.net add-ons
From Firefox browser
1. To open Add-on Manager tab, select Menu button, and then click on Add-ons
2. Click Extensions
3. Select Remove or Disable button
How to Remove secure-surf.net Automatically
Well, in the fast growing technology and day by day increasing malicious activities of cyber criminals, it is necessary for every computer user to protect their PC from secure-surf.net. You must own a best removal tool which can provide safety and security to your windows machine. secure-surf.net Free Scanner is one of the best tool which is capable to detect secure-surf.net or any malware completely from compromised machine. However you need to purchase its licensed version to delete secure-surf.net completely.
User Guide : Automatic secure-surf.net Free Scanner
Step 1 Download the software and now install it on your computer. Click on “Scan Computer” to detect presence of secure-surf.net and its harmful traces.
Step 2 Scan in progress can be viewed
Step 3 Use System Guard feature to block entry of secure-surf.net and its infectious files.
Step 4 HelpDesk is an additional feature which is can sort out all your troubles usually you face when PC is infected with secure-surf.net
Step 5 secure-surf.net Free Scanner has Network Sentry feature which helps to block modification done through Internet connectivity on your computer system.
Step 6 Enable Scan Scheduler feature on your computer to perform scanning at pre set time like daily, weekly or monthly.
Get Rid Of secure-surf.net from Internet Explorer : Take Down secure-surf.net
|French||Supprimer secure-surf.net Manuellement|
|German||Schritte zu Entfernen secure-surf.net|
|Polish||Odinstaluj secure-surf.net z Safari|
|Portuguese||Livrar-se de secure-surf.net de Chrome : Desobstruir secure-surf.net|
|Italian||Soluzione a Elimina secure-surf.net|
|Spanish||Deshacerse De secure-surf.net Exitosamente|
|Japanese||簡単な手順 取り除く secure-surf.net|
|Dutch||Verwijder secure-surf.net van Internet Explorer : Elimineren secure-surf.net|
|Danish||Afinstaller secure-surf.net fra Opera|