Do you know actually what is Archiveus? Somehow, my Windows PC is contaminated with this malware. However, I have tried lots of method to get rid of it but each time failed to eliminate it. Please help me anyone by providing an effective and appropriate Archiveus removal guide. Thanks in advance…
Technical Details of Archiveus
- Threat's Name – Archiveus
- Category – Trojan
- Danger Level – Very High
- Affected Systems – Windows OS
- Discovered on – May 06, 2006
- Updated on – February 13, 2007 at 12:55:07 PM
- Introduction – Archiveus is regarded as one of the dangerous Trojan infection that exhibits ransomware properties which means it locks users files and then asks users to purchase decryptor tool to unlock their files.
- Occurrences – Spam emails, junk mail attachments, torrent downloads, pirated software, malicious sites, hacked domain etc.
- Removal Recommendations – To delete Archiveus from infected PCs, users must download Window Scanner Tool.
All Horrible Things That You Must Know About Archiveus
Archiveus is one of the most notorious Trojan infection that has infected wide range of Windows as well as Mac System. It is mainly programmed by the potential cyber criminals to rob users confidential data such as their name, bank account details, social account details, password and many more. After gathering user's all personal data, hackers sell them to third-party who is too much interested in stealing user's money.
As soon as Archiveus proliferates inside the PC, it automatically generate the malicious files and activates the malicious code. To execute itself automatically on users PC, it altered users start-up section and pretends itself as a legitimate process. This malware is capable to monitor users behavior and enable cyber hackers to do several unwanted thing on compromised machine such as sending, launching, receiving or displaying files. Additionally, it opens System backdoor and makes affected machine vulnerable to inject other types of System malware including spyware, adware, spammers, ransomware, key-loggers and many more.
Archiveus is really very harmful for PC. If somehow your System is also contaminated with this malware then you will notice that your System is getting too much slower time-to-time and PC becomes unstable. Due to the presence of such a malware, you will notice that your System takes lots of time to respond or do any online operation. Moreover, it can crash your PC and brings several damages. In short, Archiveus will not only ruin your System experience but also endangers your privacy. Therefore, deletion of Archiveus is highly recommended from compromised machine.
A. Archiveus Manual Removal
How to Change the System Folder Settings to view hidden files
On Windows 7 | Vista
Windows Logo button is to be selected and then you need to Open Windows Explorer.
Click on Organize selecting Folder and Search Options.
Now Click on View Tab and select Show hidden files and folders Option to view Archiveus related files.
Click on OK to Apply
On Windows 8
Select on Windows + E keys in combination on the keyboard.
Click on View Tab option
File name Extensions along with hidden items is to be checked
Step 2: Delete Archiveus Related Files in Hidden Folders as given
- %Temp%\[adware name]
- %AppData%\[adware name]
- %LocalAppData%\[adware name]
- %LocalAppData%\[adware name].exe
- %CommonAppData%\[adware name]
Step 3 : Remove Archiveus Related Registry Files on Windows
First, Open Registry Editor
On Windows 7| Vista
Click on Start Button
Select on Run Button
Finally Click on OK button
On Windows 8 Computer
Click on Win [Window Key] + R in Combination on Keyboard
Type regedit.exe in dialog box and press OK.
Confirm OK to open the registry editor.
Look for Archiveus related files and entries created in Win Registry.
Note: This step is only suitable for users having Technical Skills, if you delete any other entries other than Archiveus, it will permanently damage your PC.
B. Archiveus Removal from Windows OS
How to Uninstall Archiveus related program on PC
on Windows 10
1. On Win 10 Screen, Click on Start Menu and Select All apps.
this will show entire list of apps installed on Win 10, Find Archiveus or any other suspicious program from the list. Right Click on the Selected item to uninstall it.
On Win 7 | Vista
- Select and Click on the Start Button and Click on Control Panel using Start Menu.
2. You need to Select Uninstall Program under the Program Category in Control Panel.
3. Using the Window, Program and Features option, select Installed on to view all the recently installed programs, Now uninstall Archiveus or any other suspicious programs.
From window 8 PC
1. Press Windows key + I simultaneously , then open Setting Bar, click Control Panel to open it
2. Under Programs category, select Uninstall a program
3. Search Archiveus program in Program and Features window, then click on Uninstall
Step 2:- Uninstall Archiveus toolbar, add-on, plug-in and extension from browser IE/Microsoft Edge/Firefox/Google Chrome
From Chrome Browser
1. On Chrome browser, select menu
2. Select Advanced Settings option
3. Click on Extension
4. To remove Archiveus extension, click on Trash icon
5. Select the Remove option in dialog box
From Microsoft Edge Browser
( Microsoft Edge does not support extension, now you have to just reset the search engine and homepage of Edge browser)
1. Set homepage on Edge browser to remove Archiveus
On address bar click More(..), and then select Settings option
3. View Advanced Settings for specific page, to set homepage to Open with option
4. To set your own homepage click on Custom, the then type URL of your own homepage
2. To remove Archiveus set default Search Engine
- On address bar click More(..), and then select Settings option
- select the View advanced settings option
- Select “Search in the address bar with”, then enter the search engine by clicking on <Add new> option, then click on Add as default
- Custom option is to be selected, enter the URL of the homepage to be set as
From IE Browser
1. To open Manage add-ons on your IE browser, click on Tools button
2. Select Toolbars and Extensions, them make a selection of Archiveus to remove it
3. Now click on Reset button to remove Archiveus add-ons
From Firefox browser
1. To open Add-on Manager tab, select Menu button, and then click on Add-ons
2. Click Extensions
3. Select Remove or Disable button
How to Remove Archiveus Automatically
Well, in the fast growing technology and day by day increasing malicious activities of cyber criminals, it is necessary for every computer user to protect their PC from Archiveus. You must own a best removal tool which can provide safety and security to your windows machine. Archiveus Free Scanner is one of the best tool which is capable to detect Archiveus or any malware completely from compromised machine. However you need to purchase its licensed version to delete Archiveus completely.
|French||Guide Complet De Désinstaller Archiveus de Firefox|
|German||Effektiver Weg zu Deinstallieren Archiveus|
|Polish||kroki w celu Pozbyć się Archiveus|
|Portuguese||Desinstalar Archiveus Em cliques simples|
|Italian||Archiveus Cancellazione: guide To Elimina Archiveus Completamente|
|Spanish||Guía paso a paso para Borrar Archiveus|
|Danish||Sletning Archiveus Fuldstændig|
|Dutch||Archiveus Verwijdering: tips om Desinstallatie Archiveus Gemakkelijk|
User Guide : Automatic Archiveus Free Scanner
Step 1 Download the software and now install it on your computer. Click on “Scan Computer” to detect presence of Archiveus and its harmful traces.
Step 2 Scan in progress can be viewed
Step 3 Use System Guard feature to block entry of Archiveus and its infectious files.
Step 4 HelpDesk is an additional feature which is can sort out all your troubles usually you face when PC is infected with Archiveus
Step 5 Archiveus Free Scanner has Network Sentry feature which helps to block modification done through Internet connectivity on your computer system.
Step 6 Enable Scan Scheduler feature on your computer to perform scanning at pre set time like daily, weekly or monthly.