Detailed Information on WINDOWSUP.EXE
WINDOWSUP.EXE is a malicious process which is associated with a dangerous worm identified as W32/Sdbot-CRV and falls into the category of Trojan virus. It can affect Windows operating systems and blamed for a high number of virus attacks since its discovery. Just like most other computer worms, this threat can propagate through removable memory devices and the folders shared over the network. It has the capacity to infect the executable files like WINDOWSUP.EXE and the security analysts consider that the malware constitutes an extremely severe threat to the affected device. Due to the fact that this infection can corrupt the executable files, it can often render the crucial system files unusable.
How WINDOWSUP.EXE Infects Windows PC?
Typically, it will create a folder in your Program Files folder with an innocuous name. This is especially intended to mislead the victimized users and hide the real identity of this malware. WINDOWSUP.EXE is especially designed to spread on the infected machine by searching out for any files with .exe, .html or .dll extensions and then corrupt them by appending a malicious bit of code onto the last part of the file.
When the infected file gets executed, the threat creates an additional copy of its executable file in the file's folder and runs it proliferating the infection throughout the victim's system. Furthermore, the Trojan also creates an autorun.inf file that executes itself when the victim's Recycling bin or drive is accessed. Once executable of WINDOWSUP.EXE runs on the computer, it tries to establish a connection with the website from where the malware attempts to download malicious file and then register it on the victim's machine.
Dealing With a WINDOWSUP.EXE Worm Infection
Because of the particular characteristics of this Trojan threat, RPVT security analysts do not advise using manual method for its removal or dealing with this malware. Attack of WINDOWSUP.EXE virus causes issues which are highly difficult to deal with manual steps, but that can be easily fixed with an automated anti-malware tool application. Deletion of this malware also involves eliminating all corrupted files which also requires a decryption algorithm.
A. WINDOWSUP.EXE Manual Removal
How to Change the System Folder Settings to view hidden files
On Windows 7 | Vista
Windows Logo button is to be selected and then you need to Open Windows Explorer.
Click on Organize selecting Folder and Search Options.
Now Click on View Tab and select Show hidden files and folders Option to view WINDOWSUP.EXE related files.
Click on OK to Apply
On Windows 8
Select on Windows + E keys in combination on the keyboard.
Click on View Tab option
File name Extensions along with hidden items is to be checked
Step 2: Delete WINDOWSUP.EXE Related Files in Hidden Folders as given
- %Temp%\[adware name]
- %AppData%\[adware name]
- %LocalAppData%\[adware name]
- %LocalAppData%\[adware name].exe
- %CommonAppData%\[adware name]
Step 3 : Remove WINDOWSUP.EXE Related Registry Files on Windows
First, Open Registry Editor
On Windows 7| Vista
Click on Start Button
Select on Run Button
Finally Click on OK button
On Windows 8 Computer
Click on Win [Window Key] + R in Combination on Keyboard
Type regedit.exe in dialog box and press OK.
Confirm OK to open the registry editor.
Look for WINDOWSUP.EXE related files and entries created in Win Registry.
Note: This step is only suitable for users having Technical Skills, if you delete any other entries other than WINDOWSUP.EXE, it will permanently damage your PC.
B. WINDOWSUP.EXE Removal from Windows OS
How to Uninstall WINDOWSUP.EXE related program on PC
on Windows 10
1. On Win 10 Screen, Click on Start Menu and Select All apps.
this will show entire list of apps installed on Win 10, Find WINDOWSUP.EXE or any other suspicious program from the list. Right Click on the Selected item to uninstall it.
On Win 7 | Vista
- Select and Click on the Start Button and Click on Control Panel using Start Menu.
2. You need to Select Uninstall Program under the Program Category in Control Panel.
3. Using the Window, Program and Features option, select Installed on to view all the recently installed programs, Now uninstall WINDOWSUP.EXE or any other suspicious programs.
From window 8 PC
1. Press Windows key + I simultaneously , then open Setting Bar, click Control Panel to open it
2. Under Programs category, select Uninstall a program
3. Search WINDOWSUP.EXE program in Program and Features window, then click on Uninstall
Step 2:- Uninstall WINDOWSUP.EXE toolbar, add-on, plug-in and extension from browser IE/Microsoft Edge/Firefox/Google Chrome
From Chrome Browser
1. On Chrome browser, select menu
2. Select Advanced Settings option
3. Click on Extension
4. To remove WINDOWSUP.EXE extension, click on Trash icon
5. Select the Remove option in dialog box
From Microsoft Edge Browser
( Microsoft Edge does not support extension, now you have to just reset the search engine and homepage of Edge browser)
1. Set homepage on Edge browser to remove WINDOWSUP.EXE
On address bar click More(..), and then select Settings option
3. View Advanced Settings for specific page, to set homepage to Open with option
4. To set your own homepage click on Custom, the then type URL of your own homepage
2. To remove WINDOWSUP.EXE set default Search Engine
- On address bar click More(..), and then select Settings option
- select the View advanced settings option
- Select “Search in the address bar with”, then enter the search engine by clicking on <Add new> option, then click on Add as default
- Custom option is to be selected, enter the URL of the homepage to be set as
From IE Browser
1. To open Manage add-ons on your IE browser, click on Tools button
2. Select Toolbars and Extensions, them make a selection of WINDOWSUP.EXE to remove it
3. Now click on Reset button to remove WINDOWSUP.EXE add-ons
From Firefox browser
1. To open Add-on Manager tab, select Menu button, and then click on Add-ons
2. Click Extensions
3. Select Remove or Disable button
How to Remove WINDOWSUP.EXE Automatically
Well, in the fast growing technology and day by day increasing malicious activities of cyber criminals, it is necessary for every computer user to protect their PC from WINDOWSUP.EXE. You must own a best removal tool which can provide safety and security to your windows machine. WINDOWSUP.EXE Free Scanner is one of the best tool which is capable to detect WINDOWSUP.EXE or any malware completely from compromised machine. However you need to purchase its licensed version to delete WINDOWSUP.EXE completely.
|French||Conseils Pour Éliminer WINDOWSUP.EXE de Firefox|
|German||Deinstallieren WINDOWSUP.EXE In einfachen Klicks|
|Polish||Kasować WINDOWSUP.EXE z Opera|
|Portuguese||Solução para Remover WINDOWSUP.EXE de Opera|
|Italian||Guida passo dopo passo Per Elimina WINDOWSUP.EXE da Firefox|
|Spanish||Deshacerse De WINDOWSUP.EXE de Firefox|
|Danish||Slet WINDOWSUP.EXE fra Firefox : Rive ud WINDOWSUP.EXE|
|Dutch||Van Afkomen WINDOWSUP.EXE van Firefox|
User Guide : Automatic WINDOWSUP.EXE Free Scanner
Step 1 Download the software and now install it on your computer. Click on “Scan Computer” to detect presence of WINDOWSUP.EXE and its harmful traces.
Step 2 Scan in progress can be viewed
Step 3 Use System Guard feature to block entry of WINDOWSUP.EXE and its infectious files.
Step 4 HelpDesk is an additional feature which is can sort out all your troubles usually you face when PC is infected with WINDOWSUP.EXE
Step 5 WINDOWSUP.EXE Free Scanner has Network Sentry feature which helps to block modification done through Internet connectivity on your computer system.
Step 6 Enable Scan Scheduler feature on your computer to perform scanning at pre set time like daily, weekly or monthly.