- Name: W32.Disttrack.B!gen1
- Threat Type: Worm
- Risk Impact: High
- Discovered on: 31st January 2017
- Updated on: 31st January 2017, 7:34:41 PM
- Infection Length: Varies
- Systems Affected: Windows OS
Depth-Analysis on W32.Disttrack.B!gen1
W32.Disttrack.B!gen1 is reported as a malicious worm which infects your computer through spam mail attachments or an unauthorized IM messaging. Such type of PC infections are very hard to detect, but it is quite important to eliminate it in the time, because the threat has a capability of downloading more and more dangerous computer infection silently. It can create and modify the files stored on your affected system. This worm work as a rootkit and hides itself from removal utilities. W32.Disttrack.B!gen1 uses various harmful executable files as cloaks and attaches itself onto it. In addition, the worm has the ability to add or remove processes, steal your confidential data and connect your PC to the remote malware server. Also, it may uses your name in order to spread itself further.
Furthermore, W32.Disttrack.B!gen1 uses the legit system file names and tries to fool the installed anti-virus programs and the users about its legitimacy. Although, things can become even worse when the worm uses malicious files to stealth. Such harmful files can control administrative privileges and might disable your control of windows. It is one of the most noxious and fearful type of computer virus that every system users has surely heard about. It is one of the newly detected and most damaging member virus which belongs to the Trojan family. This worm is a rapidly growing malware which has infected many Windows machine worldwide. W32.Disttrack.B!gen1 is able to attack all the versions of Windows PC with ease. It may slither your system's security without your consent. However, it is absolutely a destructive virus that nobody wants to have inside their machine.
What are the infiltration methods used by W32.Disttrack.B!gen1?
W32.Disttrack.B!gen1 is an another new creation of con artists intended to make illegal benefits by luring the innocent computer users into some online scams. This perilous threat is widely getting distributed through junk email attachments, malicious websites, freeware applications, misleading advertisements, shareware, sponsored links, fake software updates and infected USB drives. Once the worm successfully gets inside your machine, it can mess up your computer's default settings completely. After invading your system, it will disable your installed anti-virus software and blocks the firewall in order to avoid the detection or removal from the system. Although, it is quite possible that your installed anti-virus tool detects this worm, display warning alerts related to this infection, but not able to remove the threat completely from your PC. Hence, you should use a reputable anti-malware shield to delete W32.Disttrack.B!gen1 permanently from an infected system.
A. W32.Disttrack.B!gen1 Manual Removal
How to Change the System Folder Settings to view hidden files
On Windows 7 | Vista
Windows Logo button is to be selected and then you need to Open Windows Explorer.
Click on Organize selecting Folder and Search Options.
Now Click on View Tab and select Show hidden files and folders Option to view W32.Disttrack.B!gen1 related files.
Click on OK to Apply
On Windows 8
Select on Windows + E keys in combination on the keyboard.
Click on View Tab option
File name Extensions along with hidden items is to be checked
Step 2: Delete W32.Disttrack.B!gen1 Related Files in Hidden Folders as given
- %Temp%\[adware name]
- %AppData%\[adware name]
- %LocalAppData%\[adware name]
- %LocalAppData%\[adware name].exe
- %CommonAppData%\[adware name]
Step 3 : Remove W32.Disttrack.B!gen1 Related Registry Files on Windows
First, Open Registry Editor
On Windows 7| Vista
Click on Start Button
Select on Run Button
Finally Click on OK button
On Windows 8 Computer
Click on Win [Window Key] + R in Combination on Keyboard
Type regedit.exe in dialog box and press OK.
Confirm OK to open the registry editor.
Look for W32.Disttrack.B!gen1 related files and entries created in Win Registry.
Note: This step is only suitable for users having Technical Skills, if you delete any other entries other than W32.Disttrack.B!gen1, it will permanently damage your PC.
B. W32.Disttrack.B!gen1 Removal from Windows OS
How to Uninstall W32.Disttrack.B!gen1 related program on PC
on Windows 10
1. On Win 10 Screen, Click on Start Menu and Select All apps.
this will show entire list of apps installed on Win 10, Find W32.Disttrack.B!gen1 or any other suspicious program from the list. Right Click on the Selected item to uninstall it.
On Win 7 | Vista
- Select and Click on the Start Button and Click on Control Panel using Start Menu.
2. You need to Select Uninstall Program under the Program Category in Control Panel.
3. Using the Window, Program and Features option, select Installed on to view all the recently installed programs, Now uninstall W32.Disttrack.B!gen1 or any other suspicious programs.
From window 8 PC
1. Press Windows key + I simultaneously , then open Setting Bar, click Control Panel to open it
2. Under Programs category, select Uninstall a program
3. Search W32.Disttrack.B!gen1 program in Program and Features window, then click on Uninstall
Step 2:- Uninstall W32.Disttrack.B!gen1 toolbar, add-on, plug-in and extension from browser IE/Microsoft Edge/Firefox/Google Chrome
From Chrome Browser
1. On Chrome browser, select menu
2. Select Advanced Settings option
3. Click on Extension
4. To remove W32.Disttrack.B!gen1 extension, click on Trash icon
5. Select the Remove option in dialog box
From Microsoft Edge Browser
( Microsoft Edge does not support extension, now you have to just reset the search engine and homepage of Edge browser)
1. Set homepage on Edge browser to remove W32.Disttrack.B!gen1
On address bar click More(..), and then select Settings option
3. View Advanced Settings for specific page, to set homepage to Open with option
4. To set your own homepage click on Custom, the then type URL of your own homepage
2. To remove W32.Disttrack.B!gen1 set default Search Engine
- On address bar click More(..), and then select Settings option
- select the View advanced settings option
- Select “Search in the address bar with”, then enter the search engine by clicking on <Add new> option, then click on Add as default
- Custom option is to be selected, enter the URL of the homepage to be set as
From IE Browser
1. To open Manage add-ons on your IE browser, click on Tools button
2. Select Toolbars and Extensions, them make a selection of W32.Disttrack.B!gen1 to remove it
3. Now click on Reset button to remove W32.Disttrack.B!gen1 add-ons
From Firefox browser
1. To open Add-on Manager tab, select Menu button, and then click on Add-ons
2. Click Extensions
3. Select Remove or Disable button
How to Remove W32.Disttrack.B!gen1 Automatically
Well, in the fast growing technology and day by day increasing malicious activities of cyber criminals, it is necessary for every computer user to protect their PC from W32.Disttrack.B!gen1. You must own a best removal tool which can provide safety and security to your windows machine. W32.Disttrack.B!gen1 Free Scanner is one of the best tool which is capable to detect W32.Disttrack.B!gen1 or any malware completely from compromised machine. However you need to purchase its licensed version to delete W32.Disttrack.B!gen1 completely.
User Guide : Automatic W32.Disttrack.B!gen1 Free Scanner
Step 1 Download the software and now install it on your computer. Click on “Scan Computer” to detect presence of W32.Disttrack.B!gen1 and its harmful traces.
Step 2 Scan in progress can be viewed
Step 3 Use System Guard feature to block entry of W32.Disttrack.B!gen1 and its infectious files.
Step 4 HelpDesk is an additional feature which is can sort out all your troubles usually you face when PC is infected with W32.Disttrack.B!gen1
Step 5 W32.Disttrack.B!gen1 Free Scanner has Network Sentry feature which helps to block modification done through Internet connectivity on your computer system.
Step 6 Enable Scan Scheduler feature on your computer to perform scanning at pre set time like daily, weekly or monthly.