What is UnitConverter ?
UnitConverter has been revealed as a deceptive adware program by the security experts which mostly makes it’s target the computer systems with Windows OS installed in them. This program on the infected device’s screen behaves of being a complete authentic program designed to enable PC’s users to easily convert several units of measurements. Now although it on initial inspection, appears completely appropriate as well as handy, however in reality not more than just a vicious stuff crafted by online spammers for the evil purpose of generating illegal revenue from rookie PC users.
Likewise various other menacing adware programs, UnitConverter also obtains silent intrusion in the system without the user’s assent. It once activated wreaks a havoc on the system. Initially takes complete control over the browser and brings modification in it’s default settings (i.e., default homepage, search provider, DNS settings). Aside from this makes usage of virtual layer for the purpose of generating pop-ups, banner, discounts and several other similar ads. These ads have been intentionally crafted in a manner that on getting clicked reroutes the users to number of phishing domain that may include various other malware infections. This redirection slows down the PC’s browsing speed on large extent. Thus, it is strongly suggested not to tap any suspicious links while surfing online. Additionally this adware program also poses extreme harm to the user’s privacy via collecting their personally identifiable details and then sharing it with the online marketing agent for commercial purpose. Thus, in a case if one got unfortunately encounter this adware program on their PC, then it is strongly advised to eliminate it as soon as possible.
Scenarios Leading To The Silent Perforation Of UnitConverter Inside PC
- Downloading freeware or shareware and then installing them in the PC carelessly.
- Opening spam emails and loading it’s vicious attachments.
- Unverified file sharing also leads to the secret proliferation of UnitConverter inside PC.
- Transferring data from one PC to another through infected external media devices.
- Not updating antivirus program installed in the PC on regular basis.
- Playing online games and utilizing corrupted hardware.
Malicious Properties Of UnitConverter
- UnitConverter intrudes itself secretly inside the PC without the user’s assent.
- Changes the preset browser’s settings and keeps constantly rerouting the user’s searches to several suspicious domain.
- Gathers the user’s private stuff and reveal it to the online marketing agent for bad purpose.
- Down pours the potential of the antivirus program installed in the system and invade several additional malware programs in the system.
- Decreases the system’s speed as well as the browser’s speed badly by eating up plenty of system resources and networking resources respectively.
Hence, to forbid the browser from such unwanted modification as well as to continue uninterrupted surfing, a quick elimination of UnitConverter is needed.
A. UnitConverter Manual Removal
How to Change the System Folder Settings to view hidden files
On Windows 7 | Vista
Windows Logo button is to be selected and then you need to Open Windows Explorer.
Click on Organize selecting Folder and Search Options.
Now Click on View Tab and select Show hidden files and folders Option to view UnitConverter related files.
Click on OK to Apply
On Windows 8
Select on Windows + E keys in combination on the keyboard.
Click on View Tab option
File name Extensions along with hidden items is to be checked
Step 2: Delete UnitConverter Related Files in Hidden Folders as given
- %Temp%\[adware name]
- %AppData%\[adware name]
- %LocalAppData%\[adware name]
- %LocalAppData%\[adware name].exe
- %CommonAppData%\[adware name]
Step 3 : Remove UnitConverter Related Registry Files on Windows
First, Open Registry Editor
On Windows 7| Vista
Click on Start Button
Select on Run Button
Finally Click on OK button
On Windows 8 Computer
Click on Win [Window Key] + R in Combination on Keyboard
Type regedit.exe in dialog box and press OK.
Confirm OK to open the registry editor.
Look for UnitConverter related files and entries created in Win Registry.
Note: This step is only suitable for users having Technical Skills, if you delete any other entries other than UnitConverter, it will permanently damage your PC.
B. UnitConverter Removal from Windows OS
How to Uninstall UnitConverter related program on PC
on Windows 10
1. On Win 10 Screen, Click on Start Menu and Select All apps.
this will show entire list of apps installed on Win 10, Find UnitConverter or any other suspicious program from the list. Right Click on the Selected item to uninstall it.
On Win 7 | Vista
- Select and Click on the Start Button and Click on Control Panel using Start Menu.
2. You need to Select Uninstall Program under the Program Category in Control Panel.
3. Using the Window, Program and Features option, select Installed on to view all the recently installed programs, Now uninstall UnitConverter or any other suspicious programs.
From window 8 PC
1. Press Windows key + I simultaneously , then open Setting Bar, click Control Panel to open it
2. Under Programs category, select Uninstall a program
3. Search UnitConverter program in Program and Features window, then click on Uninstall
Step 2:- Uninstall UnitConverter toolbar, add-on, plug-in and extension from browser IE/Microsoft Edge/Firefox/Google Chrome
From Chrome Browser
1. On Chrome browser, select menu
2. Select Advanced Settings option
3. Click on Extension
4. To remove UnitConverter extension, click on Trash icon
5. Select the Remove option in dialog box
From Microsoft Edge Browser
( Microsoft Edge does not support extension, now you have to just reset the search engine and homepage of Edge browser)
1. Set homepage on Edge browser to remove UnitConverter
On address bar click More(..), and then select Settings option
3. View Advanced Settings for specific page, to set homepage to Open with option
4. To set your own homepage click on Custom, the then type URL of your own homepage
2. To remove UnitConverter set default Search Engine
- On address bar click More(..), and then select Settings option
- select the View advanced settings option
- Select “Search in the address bar with”, then enter the search engine by clicking on <Add new> option, then click on Add as default
- Custom option is to be selected, enter the URL of the homepage to be set as
From IE Browser
1. To open Manage add-ons on your IE browser, click on Tools button
2. Select Toolbars and Extensions, them make a selection of UnitConverter to remove it
3. Now click on Reset button to remove UnitConverter add-ons
From Firefox browser
1. To open Add-on Manager tab, select Menu button, and then click on Add-ons
2. Click Extensions
3. Select Remove or Disable button
How to Remove UnitConverter Automatically
Well, in the fast growing technology and day by day increasing malicious activities of cyber criminals, it is necessary for every computer user to protect their PC from UnitConverter. You must own a best removal tool which can provide safety and security to your windows machine. UnitConverter Free Scanner is one of the best tool which is capable to detect UnitConverter or any malware completely from compromised machine. However you need to purchase its licensed version to delete UnitConverter completely.
User Guide : Automatic UnitConverter Free Scanner
Step 1 Download the software and now install it on your computer. Click on “Scan Computer” to detect presence of UnitConverter and its harmful traces.
Step 2 Scan in progress can be viewed
Step 3 Use System Guard feature to block entry of UnitConverter and its infectious files.
Step 4 HelpDesk is an additional feature which is can sort out all your troubles usually you face when PC is infected with UnitConverter
Step 5 UnitConverter Free Scanner has Network Sentry feature which helps to block modification done through Internet connectivity on your computer system.
Step 6 Enable Scan Scheduler feature on your computer to perform scanning at pre set time like daily, weekly or monthly.