Hi guys, I am facing a big problem on my PC. Actually my PC got infected with Trojan.Dimnie. Due to the presence of it all of sudden many of weird things started happening on it which makes it so slow. Sometimes system crashes and end up with blue screen of death. I tried to delete this infection using my antivirus but it comes back again again. I become helpless what would I do? Please anyone describe me about the removal steps.
What should you must know about Trojan.Dimnie?
Malicious hackers targeted the GitHub by using spam email campaigns that infect the system users with a system virus called Trojan.Dimnie. Users of GItHub making complained about this Trojan attack in the last of the January 2017 but some of the cyber security experts said that the attacks started few weeks prior. It is definitely a nasty virus for your system because it creates so many unwanted problems on the system after infiltration. Usually this kind of system threats has been distributed among the system users via infected attachments, deceptive clicks on various kinds of advertisements or pop-ups and so on. Once it got on your system then makes modification into the system settings to make itself as your Windows Start-ups to make auto started with every boot of the infected PC. It modify your browsers settings to rerouting the users on malware sites that can harm the system.
Technical information on Trojan.Dimnie
- Name – Trojan.Dimnie
- Type – Trojan
- Risk – Low
- Discovered – 28 March 2017
- Updated – 30 March 2017 5:24:08 PM
- Infection length – Varies
- Affected system – Windows OS
Infiltration ways acquired by Trojan.Dimnie
- Spam or junk email that carried an attachment file of malicious executables.
- Downloading of freeware or shareware using stealth installations.
- Peer to peer file sharing techniques on various Internet sites or social media.
- Use of infected removal media drives such as pen drives, memory cards etc.
- Accidental clicks on advertisements or pop-ups.
Infectious codes drop Macro scripts to the new version of Trojan.Dimnie
The payload surprised the security developers that it drops some more malware on the system. This new version comes with the ability to hide itself as web traffic on fake domains and DNS requests but also with a plethora of new modules. It all will executed on the OS memory without leaving any identification on the users PC. So you should delete Trojan.Dimnie as soon as possible.
A. Trojan.Dimnie Manual Removal
How to Change the System Folder Settings to view hidden files
On Windows 7 | Vista
Windows Logo button is to be selected and then you need to Open Windows Explorer.
Click on Organize selecting Folder and Search Options.
Now Click on View Tab and select Show hidden files and folders Option to view Trojan.Dimnie related files.
Click on OK to Apply
On Windows 8
Select on Windows + E keys in combination on the keyboard.
Click on View Tab option
File name Extensions along with hidden items is to be checked
Step 2: Delete Trojan.Dimnie Related Files in Hidden Folders as given
- %Temp%\[adware name]
- %AppData%\[adware name]
- %LocalAppData%\[adware name]
- %LocalAppData%\[adware name].exe
- %CommonAppData%\[adware name]
Step 3 : Remove Trojan.Dimnie Related Registry Files on Windows
First, Open Registry Editor
On Windows 7| Vista
Click on Start Button
Select on Run Button
Finally Click on OK button
On Windows 8 Computer
Click on Win [Window Key] + R in Combination on Keyboard
Type regedit.exe in dialog box and press OK.
Confirm OK to open the registry editor.
Look for Trojan.Dimnie related files and entries created in Win Registry.
Note: This step is only suitable for users having Technical Skills, if you delete any other entries other than Trojan.Dimnie, it will permanently damage your PC.
B. Trojan.Dimnie Removal from Windows OS
How to Uninstall Trojan.Dimnie related program on PC
on Windows 10
1. On Win 10 Screen, Click on Start Menu and Select All apps.
this will show entire list of apps installed on Win 10, Find Trojan.Dimnie or any other suspicious program from the list. Right Click on the Selected item to uninstall it.
On Win 7 | Vista
- Select and Click on the Start Button and Click on Control Panel using Start Menu.
2. You need to Select Uninstall Program under the Program Category in Control Panel.
3. Using the Window, Program and Features option, select Installed on to view all the recently installed programs, Now uninstall Trojan.Dimnie or any other suspicious programs.
From window 8 PC
1. Press Windows key + I simultaneously , then open Setting Bar, click Control Panel to open it
2. Under Programs category, select Uninstall a program
3. Search Trojan.Dimnie program in Program and Features window, then click on Uninstall
Step 2:- Uninstall Trojan.Dimnie toolbar, add-on, plug-in and extension from browser IE/Microsoft Edge/Firefox/Google Chrome
From Chrome Browser
1. On Chrome browser, select menu
2. Select Advanced Settings option
3. Click on Extension
4. To remove Trojan.Dimnie extension, click on Trash icon
5. Select the Remove option in dialog box
From Microsoft Edge Browser
( Microsoft Edge does not support extension, now you have to just reset the search engine and homepage of Edge browser)
1. Set homepage on Edge browser to remove Trojan.Dimnie
On address bar click More(..), and then select Settings option
3. View Advanced Settings for specific page, to set homepage to Open with option
4. To set your own homepage click on Custom, the then type URL of your own homepage
2. To remove Trojan.Dimnie set default Search Engine
- On address bar click More(..), and then select Settings option
- select the View advanced settings option
- Select “Search in the address bar with”, then enter the search engine by clicking on <Add new> option, then click on Add as default
- Custom option is to be selected, enter the URL of the homepage to be set as
From IE Browser
1. To open Manage add-ons on your IE browser, click on Tools button
2. Select Toolbars and Extensions, them make a selection of Trojan.Dimnie to remove it
3. Now click on Reset button to remove Trojan.Dimnie add-ons
From Firefox browser
1. To open Add-on Manager tab, select Menu button, and then click on Add-ons
2. Click Extensions
3. Select Remove or Disable button
How to Remove Trojan.Dimnie Automatically
Well, in the fast growing technology and day by day increasing malicious activities of cyber criminals, it is necessary for every computer user to protect their PC from Trojan.Dimnie. You must own a best removal tool which can provide safety and security to your windows machine. Trojan.Dimnie Free Scanner is one of the best tool which is capable to detect Trojan.Dimnie or any malware completely from compromised machine. However you need to purchase its licensed version to delete Trojan.Dimnie completely.
User Guide : Automatic Trojan.Dimnie Free Scanner
Step 1 Download the software and now install it on your computer. Click on “Scan Computer” to detect presence of Trojan.Dimnie and its harmful traces.
Step 2 Scan in progress can be viewed
Step 3 Use System Guard feature to block entry of Trojan.Dimnie and its infectious files.
Step 4 HelpDesk is an additional feature which is can sort out all your troubles usually you face when PC is infected with Trojan.Dimnie
Step 5 Trojan.Dimnie Free Scanner has Network Sentry feature which helps to block modification done through Internet connectivity on your computer system.
Step 6 Enable Scan Scheduler feature on your computer to perform scanning at pre set time like daily, weekly or monthly.