Have your PC been infected by Torpig ? Encountering numerous severe issues while executing operations on PC ? Is your PC's working extremely slow and sluggish ? Want to liberate PC from Torpig and regarding that have attempted number of measures but just not able to do so ? If your answer is 'Yes' to all the aforementioned queries, then in that situation you are kindly suggested to go through the below posted article as it has been solely crafted for the purpose of furnishing the victims of Torpig with effective set of instructions on the permanent uninstallation of this particular Trojan infection from the PC.
Detailed Information About Torpig
Torpig has been identified as a Botnet program including potential of damaging the targeted PC badly, rendering it almost completely disabled for the users. Researchers report this vicious program especially designed by potent cyber spammers for the purpose of attacking a Microsoft Windows computer via contaminating essential Windows operating system level programs and files. Similar to those of several other treacherous virus infections of the same category, this Botnet also proliferates itself silently inside the PC without being acknowledged by the users. Actually the primary objective of cyber spammers behind the development of this particular Botnet program is to furnish the attackers with remote access to control the user's computer over the Internet.
Torpig onto acquiring successful perforation in the PC, evolves tons of disastrous issues in it. This threat basically targets the Windows Registry for starting up the vicious programs every time whensoever the computer system get rebooted. The Botnet program moreover following this, generates and starts a robot to execute repetitive tasks on the remote web server. It aside from all this, also contributes various other dangerous harms to the PC. Thus, to prevent the Windows registry settings from being harmed like that, it is actually very important for the users to uninstall Torpig quickly from the PC.
How Torpig Acquires Infiltration Inside PC ?
Torpig most commonly propagates itself across the Internet automatically via searching for several vulnerable or unprotected computer and contaminating them. Various other sources of Torpig include :
- IRC channels
- Removable media such as DVD, pen drive and memory card already contaminated with particular Botnet infection.
- Applications claiming to increase the performance of computer system.
Traits Of Torpig
- Torpig modifies system's default settings without the user's awareness.
- Exposes user's privacy via gathering their personal information and then sending it to the online crooks for bad purpose.
- Penetrates various additional spyware infections in the PC by silently opening a backdoor onto it.
- Makes the system's performance slow by dropping numerous junk files in it's hard drive.
- Deletes system's crucial files.
A. Torpig Manual Removal
How to Change the System Folder Settings to view hidden files
On Windows 7 | Vista
Windows Logo button is to be selected and then you need to Open Windows Explorer.
Click on Organize selecting Folder and Search Options.
Now Click on View Tab and select Show hidden files and folders Option to view Torpig related files.
Click on OK to Apply
On Windows 8
Select on Windows + E keys in combination on the keyboard.
Click on View Tab option
File name Extensions along with hidden items is to be checked
Step 2: Delete Torpig Related Files in Hidden Folders as given
- %Temp%\[adware name]
- %AppData%\[adware name]
- %LocalAppData%\[adware name]
- %LocalAppData%\[adware name].exe
- %CommonAppData%\[adware name]
Step 3 : Remove Torpig Related Registry Files on Windows
First, Open Registry Editor
On Windows 7| Vista
Click on Start Button
Select on Run Button
Finally Click on OK button
On Windows 8 Computer
Click on Win [Window Key] + R in Combination on Keyboard
Type regedit.exe in dialog box and press OK.
Confirm OK to open the registry editor.
Look for Torpig related files and entries created in Win Registry.
Note: This step is only suitable for users having Technical Skills, if you delete any other entries other than Torpig, it will permanently damage your PC.
B. Torpig Removal from Windows OS
How to Uninstall Torpig related program on PC
on Windows 10
1. On Win 10 Screen, Click on Start Menu and Select All apps.
this will show entire list of apps installed on Win 10, Find Torpig or any other suspicious program from the list. Right Click on the Selected item to uninstall it.
On Win 7 | Vista
- Select and Click on the Start Button and Click on Control Panel using Start Menu.
2. You need to Select Uninstall Program under the Program Category in Control Panel.
3. Using the Window, Program and Features option, select Installed on to view all the recently installed programs, Now uninstall Torpig or any other suspicious programs.
From window 8 PC
1. Press Windows key + I simultaneously , then open Setting Bar, click Control Panel to open it
2. Under Programs category, select Uninstall a program
3. Search Torpig program in Program and Features window, then click on Uninstall
Step 2:- Uninstall Torpig toolbar, add-on, plug-in and extension from browser IE/Microsoft Edge/Firefox/Google Chrome
From Chrome Browser
1. On Chrome browser, select menu
2. Select Advanced Settings option
3. Click on Extension
4. To remove Torpig extension, click on Trash icon
5. Select the Remove option in dialog box
From Microsoft Edge Browser
( Microsoft Edge does not support extension, now you have to just reset the search engine and homepage of Edge browser)
1. Set homepage on Edge browser to remove Torpig
On address bar click More(..), and then select Settings option
3. View Advanced Settings for specific page, to set homepage to Open with option
4. To set your own homepage click on Custom, the then type URL of your own homepage
2. To remove Torpig set default Search Engine
- On address bar click More(..), and then select Settings option
- select the View advanced settings option
- Select “Search in the address bar with”, then enter the search engine by clicking on <Add new> option, then click on Add as default
- Custom option is to be selected, enter the URL of the homepage to be set as
From IE Browser
1. To open Manage add-ons on your IE browser, click on Tools button
2. Select Toolbars and Extensions, them make a selection of Torpig to remove it
3. Now click on Reset button to remove Torpig add-ons
From Firefox browser
1. To open Add-on Manager tab, select Menu button, and then click on Add-ons
2. Click Extensions
3. Select Remove or Disable button
How to Remove Torpig Automatically
Well, in the fast growing technology and day by day increasing malicious activities of cyber criminals, it is necessary for every computer user to protect their PC from Torpig. You must own a best removal tool which can provide safety and security to your windows machine. Torpig Free Scanner is one of the best tool which is capable to detect Torpig or any malware completely from compromised machine. However you need to purchase its licensed version to delete Torpig completely.
User Guide : Automatic Torpig Free Scanner
Step 1 Download the software and now install it on your computer. Click on “Scan Computer” to detect presence of Torpig and its harmful traces.
Step 2 Scan in progress can be viewed
Step 3 Use System Guard feature to block entry of Torpig and its infectious files.
Step 4 HelpDesk is an additional feature which is can sort out all your troubles usually you face when PC is infected with Torpig
Step 5 Torpig Free Scanner has Network Sentry feature which helps to block modification done through Internet connectivity on your computer system.
Step 6 Enable Scan Scheduler feature on your computer to perform scanning at pre set time like daily, weekly or monthly.