Brief Details About Ransom.Cryptolocker
|Its Aliases||CryptLocker.B, Trojan.Ransomcrypt.F ,Trojan.Gpcoder.H, Trojan:Win32/Crilock.A â and TROJ_CRILOCK.NS|
After its intrusion onto the PC files get encrypted, desktop gets locked, and victimized users are asked to pay ransom for having files back.
|Removal||It removal is possible through manual removal methods or by reliable anti malware software.|
What is Ransom.Cryptolocker?
The exploration about Ransom.Cryptolocker has reported it as Trojan. Its has been analyzed to hold destructive properties which on making space for itself inside PC initiates the function of file encryption. Later it compels victimized users to buy password for the purpose of decrypting it. After the attack of Ransom.Cryptolocker the PC desktop gets locked and turns all the stored files and other data inaccessible for users. The intimation for file encryption is given by a text which also contains ransom demand message. Users are instructed to make payment in the form of Bitcoin, moneypak, paysafecard or CashU. It affects the file having extensions .xls, .ppt, .docx, .wps and many more. Its impacts can be seen on Windows 2000, 2007, Windows server 2003, 2008, and Windows Vista and XP. This Trojan makes an attempt to get in touch with the domains like belylsfdytbhfd.net, bssqyerxiihsnl.ru bwogwcstkeuojl.org and bwqrwhcqksfrlo.org. Ransom.Cryptolocker has also got the another name as CryptLocker.B, Trojan.Ransomcrypt.F ,Trojan.Gpcoder.H , Trojan:Win32/Crilock.A and TROJ_CRILOCK.NS. A file named %AppData%\[GUID].exe is also introduced inside the PC by this Trojan.
From the above observation it may be concluded that this Trojan is created with wrong intension by hackers for making money. That's why the removal of Ransom.Cryptolocker is quite necessary without making any delay.
Reasons for intrusion of Ransom.Cryptolocker onto the PC
Ransom.Cryptolocker makes intrusion inside the PC on the basis of junk emails which carries the harmful attachments, habit of making clicks on unverified links and websites. It has been investigated that users at the time of installing program don't pay attention towards the mentioned instructions due to which such kind of Trojan gets onto the PC.
Observations after the attack of Ransom.Cryptolocker
- Ransom.Cryptolocker on getting onto the PC starts the work of file encryption and also desktop gets locked.
- Thereafter instructs victimized users to buy password through paying ransom to get the encrypted files back.
- It also introduces a file named as %AppData%\[GUID].exe on getting in function inside the PC.
Preventive measures to avoid Ransom.Cryptolocker
Ransom.Cryptolocker being a Trojan should not be allowed to enter the PC. for that purpose users must build the complicated password which will protect their PC. The use of firewall should be in proper way to restrict all the incoming connections that is available publicly. Spam email should not be opened and PC must be updated always. The best way to continue your access to file is creating backup for all those.
A. Ransom.Cryptolocker Manual Removal
How to Change the System Folder Settings to view hidden files
On Windows 7 | Vista
Windows Logo button is to be selected and then you need to Open Windows Explorer.
Click on Organize selecting Folder and Search Options.
Now Click on View Tab and select Show hidden files and folders Option to view Ransom.Cryptolocker related files.
Click on OK to Apply
On Windows 8
Select on Windows + E keys in combination on the keyboard.
Click on View Tab option
File name Extensions along with hidden items is to be checked
Step 2: Delete Ransom.Cryptolocker Related Files in Hidden Folders as given
- %Temp%\[adware name]
- %AppData%\[adware name]
- %LocalAppData%\[adware name]
- %LocalAppData%\[adware name].exe
- %CommonAppData%\[adware name]
Step 3 : Remove Ransom.Cryptolocker Related Registry Files on Windows
First, Open Registry Editor
On Windows 7| Vista
Click on Start Button
Select on Run Button
Finally Click on OK button
On Windows 8 Computer
Click on Win [Window Key] + R in Combination on Keyboard
Type regedit.exe in dialog box and press OK.
Confirm OK to open the registry editor.
Look for Ransom.Cryptolocker related files and entries created in Win Registry.
Note: This step is only suitable for users having Technical Skills, if you delete any other entries other than Ransom.Cryptolocker, it will permanently damage your PC.
B. Ransom.Cryptolocker Removal from Windows OS
How to Uninstall Ransom.Cryptolocker related program on PC
on Windows 10
1. On Win 10 Screen, Click on Start Menu and Select All apps.
this will show entire list of apps installed on Win 10, Find Ransom.Cryptolocker or any other suspicious program from the list. Right Click on the Selected item to uninstall it.
On Win 7 | Vista
- Select and Click on the Start Button and Click on Control Panel using Start Menu.
2. You need to Select Uninstall Program under the Program Category in Control Panel.
3. Using the Window, Program and Features option, select Installed on to view all the recently installed programs, Now uninstall Ransom.Cryptolocker or any other suspicious programs.
From window 8 PC
1. Press Windows key + I simultaneously , then open Setting Bar, click Control Panel to open it
2. Under Programs category, select Uninstall a program
3. Search Ransom.Cryptolocker program in Program and Features window, then click on Uninstall
Step 2:- Uninstall Ransom.Cryptolocker toolbar, add-on, plug-in and extension from browser IE/Microsoft Edge/Firefox/Google Chrome
From Chrome Browser
1. On Chrome browser, select menu
2. Select Advanced Settings option
3. Click on Extension
4. To remove Ransom.Cryptolocker extension, click on Trash icon
5. Select the Remove option in dialog box
From Microsoft Edge Browser
( Microsoft Edge does not support extension, now you have to just reset the search engine and homepage of Edge browser)
1. Set homepage on Edge browser to remove Ransom.Cryptolocker
On address bar click More(..), and then select Settings option
3. View Advanced Settings for specific page, to set homepage to Open with option
4. To set your own homepage click on Custom, the then type URL of your own homepage
2. To remove Ransom.Cryptolocker set default Search Engine
- On address bar click More(..), and then select Settings option
- select the View advanced settings option
- Select “Search in the address bar with”, then enter the search engine by clicking on <Add new> option, then click on Add as default
- Custom option is to be selected, enter the URL of the homepage to be set as
From IE Browser
1. To open Manage add-ons on your IE browser, click on Tools button
2. Select Toolbars and Extensions, them make a selection of Ransom.Cryptolocker to remove it
3. Now click on Reset button to remove Ransom.Cryptolocker add-ons
From Firefox browser
1. To open Add-on Manager tab, select Menu button, and then click on Add-ons
2. Click Extensions
3. Select Remove or Disable button
How to Remove Ransom.Cryptolocker Automatically
Well, in the fast growing technology and day by day increasing malicious activities of cyber criminals, it is necessary for every computer user to protect their PC from Ransom.Cryptolocker. You must own a best removal tool which can provide safety and security to your windows machine. Ransom.Cryptolocker Free Scanner is one of the best tool which is capable to detect Ransom.Cryptolocker or any malware completely from compromised machine. However you need to purchase its licensed version to delete Ransom.Cryptolocker completely.
User Guide : Automatic Ransom.Cryptolocker Free Scanner
Step 1 Download the software and now install it on your computer. Click on “Scan Computer” to detect presence of Ransom.Cryptolocker and its harmful traces.
Step 2 Scan in progress can be viewed
Step 3 Use System Guard feature to block entry of Ransom.Cryptolocker and its infectious files.
Step 4 HelpDesk is an additional feature which is can sort out all your troubles usually you face when PC is infected with Ransom.Cryptolocker
Step 5 Ransom.Cryptolocker Free Scanner has Network Sentry feature which helps to block modification done through Internet connectivity on your computer system.
Step 6 Enable Scan Scheduler feature on your computer to perform scanning at pre set time like daily, weekly or monthly.