Unwanted things about PUP.Optional.ModGoog
PUP.Optional.ModGoog is a PC threat that has been identified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Program). It was firstly detected by the Microsoft Security Systems and several other antivirus programs. It comes on your system without your knowledge. It can attack on various Windows Operating Systems. It generally comes along with the freeware bundles of programs that using their own installers and stealth method to get into your system. Most of the system users have not any idea that an unwanted PC program has been installed with the source program because they avoid to use "Custom or Advance" install screens to install new software.
Evil cyber criminals taking this careless attitude of the PC users as advantage and add malicious additional utilities along the main programs. Additional programs may be this PUP. Once PUP.Optional.ModGoog successfully slipped on your system then it does too many undesirable works that can endanger your computer. It makes critical changes into your compromised PC. It display various types of advertisements, promotional contents, pop-ups and banners on your all visited web-pages. So you must think about the removal of this virus from your system.
Symptoms that indicates attack of PUP.Optional.ModGoog
- Slow PC performance.
- Display of annoying pop-ups and unwanted ads on whole webpages.
- Suspicious activities on your hard disk.
- High network activity on your PC.
- Your browser's homepage and search engine will be changed.
- Severe redirections on other webpages.
- Unwanted or misleading alerts.
PUP.Optional.ModGoog : Intrusive Methods
- Deceptive downloads of freeware.
- Uses of fake update alerts or links.
- Opening of unreliable sites on the system.
- spam emails.
- corrupt program downloads.
Prevention tips and elimination steps of PUP.Optional.ModGoog
If you are thinking about the prevention steps that saves you from PUP.Optional.ModGoog infection then you need to apply these things like use credible antivirus, updated programs use, avoid to open spam emails, do not download freeware, do not use fake update links. if you do not want to feel this then remove PUP.Optional.ModGoog immediately.
A. PUP.Optional.ModGoog Manual Removal
How to Change the System Folder Settings to view hidden files
On Windows 7 | Vista
Windows Logo button is to be selected and then you need to Open Windows Explorer.
Click on Organize selecting Folder and Search Options.
Now Click on View Tab and select Show hidden files and folders Option to view PUP.Optional.ModGoog related files.
Click on OK to Apply
On Windows 8
Select on Windows + E keys in combination on the keyboard.
Click on View Tab option
File name Extensions along with hidden items is to be checked
Step 2: Delete PUP.Optional.ModGoog Related Files in Hidden Folders as given
- %Temp%\[adware name]
- %AppData%\[adware name]
- %LocalAppData%\[adware name]
- %LocalAppData%\[adware name].exe
- %CommonAppData%\[adware name]
Step 3 : Remove PUP.Optional.ModGoog Related Registry Files on Windows
First, Open Registry Editor
On Windows 7| Vista
Click on Start Button
Select on Run Button
Finally Click on OK button
On Windows 8 Computer
Click on Win [Window Key] + R in Combination on Keyboard
Type regedit.exe in dialog box and press OK.
Confirm OK to open the registry editor.
Look for PUP.Optional.ModGoog related files and entries created in Win Registry.
Note: This step is only suitable for users having Technical Skills, if you delete any other entries other than PUP.Optional.ModGoog, it will permanently damage your PC.
B. PUP.Optional.ModGoog Removal from Windows OS
How to Uninstall PUP.Optional.ModGoog related program on PC
on Windows 10
1. On Win 10 Screen, Click on Start Menu and Select All apps.
this will show entire list of apps installed on Win 10, Find PUP.Optional.ModGoog or any other suspicious program from the list. Right Click on the Selected item to uninstall it.
On Win 7 | Vista
- Select and Click on the Start Button and Click on Control Panel using Start Menu.
2. You need to Select Uninstall Program under the Program Category in Control Panel.
3. Using the Window, Program and Features option, select Installed on to view all the recently installed programs, Now uninstall PUP.Optional.ModGoog or any other suspicious programs.
From window 8 PC
1. Press Windows key + I simultaneously , then open Setting Bar, click Control Panel to open it
2. Under Programs category, select Uninstall a program
3. Search PUP.Optional.ModGoog program in Program and Features window, then click on Uninstall
Step 2:- Uninstall PUP.Optional.ModGoog toolbar, add-on, plug-in and extension from browser IE/Microsoft Edge/Firefox/Google Chrome
From Chrome Browser
1. On Chrome browser, select menu
2. Select Advanced Settings option
3. Click on Extension
4. To remove PUP.Optional.ModGoog extension, click on Trash icon
5. Select the Remove option in dialog box
From Microsoft Edge Browser
( Microsoft Edge does not support extension, now you have to just reset the search engine and homepage of Edge browser)
1. Set homepage on Edge browser to remove PUP.Optional.ModGoog
On address bar click More(..), and then select Settings option
3. View Advanced Settings for specific page, to set homepage to Open with option
4. To set your own homepage click on Custom, the then type URL of your own homepage
2. To remove PUP.Optional.ModGoog set default Search Engine
- On address bar click More(..), and then select Settings option
- select the View advanced settings option
- Select “Search in the address bar with”, then enter the search engine by clicking on <Add new> option, then click on Add as default
- Custom option is to be selected, enter the URL of the homepage to be set as
From IE Browser
1. To open Manage add-ons on your IE browser, click on Tools button
2. Select Toolbars and Extensions, them make a selection of PUP.Optional.ModGoog to remove it
3. Now click on Reset button to remove PUP.Optional.ModGoog add-ons
From Firefox browser
1. To open Add-on Manager tab, select Menu button, and then click on Add-ons
2. Click Extensions
3. Select Remove or Disable button
How to Remove PUP.Optional.ModGoog Automatically
Well, in the fast growing technology and day by day increasing malicious activities of cyber criminals, it is necessary for every computer user to protect their PC from PUP.Optional.ModGoog. You must own a best removal tool which can provide safety and security to your windows machine. PUP.Optional.ModGoog Free Scanner is one of the best tool which is capable to detect PUP.Optional.ModGoog or any malware completely from compromised machine. However you need to purchase its licensed version to delete PUP.Optional.ModGoog completely.
User Guide : Automatic PUP.Optional.ModGoog Free Scanner
Step 1 Download the software and now install it on your computer. Click on “Scan Computer” to detect presence of PUP.Optional.ModGoog and its harmful traces.
Step 2 Scan in progress can be viewed
Step 3 Use System Guard feature to block entry of PUP.Optional.ModGoog and its infectious files.
Step 4 HelpDesk is an additional feature which is can sort out all your troubles usually you face when PC is infected with PUP.Optional.ModGoog
Step 5 PUP.Optional.ModGoog Free Scanner has Network Sentry feature which helps to block modification done through Internet connectivity on your computer system.
Step 6 Enable Scan Scheduler feature on your computer to perform scanning at pre set time like daily, weekly or monthly.