This post is a comprehensive guide which will help you to delete Pinterest virus from your PC completely. Keep reading this post completely and perform all removal steps in the correct order. Here, you will also get a detailed information about Pinterest virus.
Expert Analysis on Pinterest virus
“Pinterest virus” terms falls under the category of malware. This term describes the viruses and scams that mostly spread via official Pinterest platform that itself is legitimate and well reputable. Thousands of System users are enjoy using it every day. As all we know very well that, Pinterest is a place where System users save links along with the descriptions and set the preferable image that completely describes pinned page. The saved links are dubbed as “pins” that can be added to the System user's boards. Users can easily likes someone pin and save to their board. If you notices an eye-catching image of a pin then clicks on it to explore the content of saved link. Although the teams of Pinterest works very hard to add all malicious and dangerous domains to their exclude list but do not forget that the malicious actors of hackers are very quick to create a new ones.
Pinterest virus usually promoted on it's official sites. Actually, it is a browser plug-in that gets access to read and save login names and passwords that used in the various sites. Once Pinterest virus gets inside the PC, it gathers victim's all sensitive data such as banking login details, username, email id, password, contact details, addresses, password, debit or credit card details etc and then exposed them to the public. Additionally, it may be set to hijack your account and make notorious pins appear on your profile.
In order to avoid Pinterest virus, make sure that you repin only those images that are stored on the trustworthy sites. Always update your anti-spyware and System programs that executing on your Computer. Keep your OS always updated and never repin images from untrusted sites. It always changes it's techniques to attack your PC but mainly spread via Internet. That's why, it is very necessary to be very attentive and careful while doing any online activities. Your little attention can simply avoid you from being a victim of Pinterest virus.
A. Pinterest virus Manual Removal
How to Change the System Folder Settings to view hidden files
On Windows 7 | Vista
Windows Logo button is to be selected and then you need to Open Windows Explorer.
Click on Organize selecting Folder and Search Options.
Now Click on View Tab and select Show hidden files and folders Option to view Pinterest virus related files.
Click on OK to Apply
On Windows 8
Select on Windows + E keys in combination on the keyboard.
Click on View Tab option
File name Extensions along with hidden items is to be checked
Step 2: Delete Pinterest virus Related Files in Hidden Folders as given
- %Temp%\[adware name]
- %AppData%\[adware name]
- %LocalAppData%\[adware name]
- %LocalAppData%\[adware name].exe
- %CommonAppData%\[adware name]
Step 3 : Remove Pinterest virus Related Registry Files on Windows
First, Open Registry Editor
On Windows 7| Vista
Click on Start Button
Select on Run Button
Finally Click on OK button
On Windows 8 Computer
Click on Win [Window Key] + R in Combination on Keyboard
Type regedit.exe in dialog box and press OK.
Confirm OK to open the registry editor.
Look for Pinterest virus related files and entries created in Win Registry.
Note: This step is only suitable for users having Technical Skills, if you delete any other entries other than Pinterest virus, it will permanently damage your PC.
B. Pinterest virus Removal from Windows OS
How to Uninstall Pinterest virus related program on PC
on Windows 10
1. On Win 10 Screen, Click on Start Menu and Select All apps.
this will show entire list of apps installed on Win 10, Find Pinterest virus or any other suspicious program from the list. Right Click on the Selected item to uninstall it.
On Win 7 | Vista
- Select and Click on the Start Button and Click on Control Panel using Start Menu.
2. You need to Select Uninstall Program under the Program Category in Control Panel.
3. Using the Window, Program and Features option, select Installed on to view all the recently installed programs, Now uninstall Pinterest virus or any other suspicious programs.
From window 8 PC
1. Press Windows key + I simultaneously , then open Setting Bar, click Control Panel to open it
2. Under Programs category, select Uninstall a program
3. Search Pinterest virus program in Program and Features window, then click on Uninstall
Step 2:- Uninstall Pinterest virus toolbar, add-on, plug-in and extension from browser IE/Microsoft Edge/Firefox/Google Chrome
From Chrome Browser
1. On Chrome browser, select menu
2. Select Advanced Settings option
3. Click on Extension
4. To remove Pinterest virus extension, click on Trash icon
5. Select the Remove option in dialog box
From Microsoft Edge Browser
( Microsoft Edge does not support extension, now you have to just reset the search engine and homepage of Edge browser)
1. Set homepage on Edge browser to remove Pinterest virus
On address bar click More(..), and then select Settings option
3. View Advanced Settings for specific page, to set homepage to Open with option
4. To set your own homepage click on Custom, the then type URL of your own homepage
2. To remove Pinterest virus set default Search Engine
- On address bar click More(..), and then select Settings option
- select the View advanced settings option
- Select “Search in the address bar with”, then enter the search engine by clicking on <Add new> option, then click on Add as default
- Custom option is to be selected, enter the URL of the homepage to be set as
From IE Browser
1. To open Manage add-ons on your IE browser, click on Tools button
2. Select Toolbars and Extensions, them make a selection of Pinterest virus to remove it
3. Now click on Reset button to remove Pinterest virus add-ons
From Firefox browser
1. To open Add-on Manager tab, select Menu button, and then click on Add-ons
2. Click Extensions
3. Select Remove or Disable button
How to Remove Pinterest virus Automatically
Well, in the fast growing technology and day by day increasing malicious activities of cyber criminals, it is necessary for every computer user to protect their PC from Pinterest virus. You must own a best removal tool which can provide safety and security to your windows machine. Pinterest virus Free Scanner is one of the best tool which is capable to detect Pinterest virus or any malware completely from compromised machine. However you need to purchase its licensed version to delete Pinterest virus completely.
User Guide : Automatic Pinterest virus Free Scanner
Step 1 Download the software and now install it on your computer. Click on “Scan Computer” to detect presence of Pinterest virus and its harmful traces.
Step 2 Scan in progress can be viewed
Step 3 Use System Guard feature to block entry of Pinterest virus and its infectious files.
Step 4 HelpDesk is an additional feature which is can sort out all your troubles usually you face when PC is infected with Pinterest virus
Step 5 Pinterest virus Free Scanner has Network Sentry feature which helps to block modification done through Internet connectivity on your computer system.
Step 6 Enable Scan Scheduler feature on your computer to perform scanning at pre set time like daily, weekly or monthly.