What is known about Global-Redirect.com?
Global-Redirect.com is a browser hijacker virus which is known for its annoying activities on victim's machine. It is known for its stealth infiltration used to invade the targeted system, arbitrary changes on the infected computer and other unpleasant activities. Although, if you have noticed “http://global-redirect.com/path/lp.php?trvid=” redirects and altered homepage, then it is 100% sure that your computer has been infected with a browser hijacker threat. As our security experts have already mentioned, it can enter your machine without your knowledge. Once it steps into your PC, the hijacker can initiate unexpected modifications onto the affected machine.
Usually, Global-Redirect.com hijacker installs its add-ons and plug-ins to all installed web browsers on your PC, such as Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge, Safari, Opera, Mozilla Firefox and Internet Explorer. After the installation of its associated browser extensions, the threat begins to make changes on your system. First of all, it replaces your default search engine and homepage to to its own dubious website. Therefore, be very careful because this search tool is not considered as a reliable tool. Frequently, it displays modified search results which generally includes hyperlinks. Such type of hyperlinks can lead you to unfamiliar web portals that belongs to the third party websites.
Global-Redirect.com : What Can it Initiate?
Furthermore, it causes unwanted redirections that can end you up on the domains that suggests to “fill a survey” or “claim a reward”. However, you should not be included in such phishing activities and do not try to fill any suspicious forms, because you may be asked to fill your personal information. Besides, you may also receive various offers in order to install freeware programs or software updates. Installing the applications from the websites suggested by Global-Redirect.com is not a good idea.
The CPM security investigators do not recommend installing program from unreliable domains, because it can usually contain malicious or even dangerous infectious files. Speaking about this hijacker threat, another detail which is suspicious is that it can track the victims' web browsing activities. Thus, it means that your web browsing histories can be reviewed by the developers of this infection. Therefore, it is strongly recommended to get rid of Global-Redirect.com virus from your PC as soon as possible.
A. Global-Redirect.com Manual Removal
How to Change the System Folder Settings to view hidden files
On Windows 7 | Vista
Windows Logo button is to be selected and then you need to Open Windows Explorer.
Click on Organize selecting Folder and Search Options.
Now Click on View Tab and select Show hidden files and folders Option to view Global-Redirect.com related files.
Click on OK to Apply
On Windows 8
Select on Windows + E keys in combination on the keyboard.
Click on View Tab option
File name Extensions along with hidden items is to be checked
Step 2: Delete Global-Redirect.com Related Files in Hidden Folders as given
- %Temp%\[adware name]
- %AppData%\[adware name]
- %LocalAppData%\[adware name]
- %LocalAppData%\[adware name].exe
- %CommonAppData%\[adware name]
Step 3 : Remove Global-Redirect.com Related Registry Files on Windows
First, Open Registry Editor
On Windows 7| Vista
Click on Start Button
Select on Run Button
Finally Click on OK button
On Windows 8 Computer
Click on Win [Window Key] + R in Combination on Keyboard
Type regedit.exe in dialog box and press OK.
Confirm OK to open the registry editor.
Look for Global-Redirect.com related files and entries created in Win Registry.
Note: This step is only suitable for users having Technical Skills, if you delete any other entries other than Global-Redirect.com, it will permanently damage your PC.
B. Global-Redirect.com Removal from Windows OS
How to Uninstall Global-Redirect.com related program on PC
on Windows 10
1. On Win 10 Screen, Click on Start Menu and Select All apps.
this will show entire list of apps installed on Win 10, Find Global-Redirect.com or any other suspicious program from the list. Right Click on the Selected item to uninstall it.
On Win 7 | Vista
- Select and Click on the Start Button and Click on Control Panel using Start Menu.
2. You need to Select Uninstall Program under the Program Category in Control Panel.
3. Using the Window, Program and Features option, select Installed on to view all the recently installed programs, Now uninstall Global-Redirect.com or any other suspicious programs.
From window 8 PC
1. Press Windows key + I simultaneously , then open Setting Bar, click Control Panel to open it
2. Under Programs category, select Uninstall a program
3. Search Global-Redirect.com program in Program and Features window, then click on Uninstall
Step 2:- Uninstall Global-Redirect.com toolbar, add-on, plug-in and extension from browser IE/Microsoft Edge/Firefox/Google Chrome
From Chrome Browser
1. On Chrome browser, select menu
2. Select Advanced Settings option
3. Click on Extension
4. To remove Global-Redirect.com extension, click on Trash icon
5. Select the Remove option in dialog box
From Microsoft Edge Browser
( Microsoft Edge does not support extension, now you have to just reset the search engine and homepage of Edge browser)
1. Set homepage on Edge browser to remove Global-Redirect.com
On address bar click More(..), and then select Settings option
3. View Advanced Settings for specific page, to set homepage to Open with option
4. To set your own homepage click on Custom, the then type URL of your own homepage
2. To remove Global-Redirect.com set default Search Engine
- On address bar click More(..), and then select Settings option
- select the View advanced settings option
- Select “Search in the address bar with”, then enter the search engine by clicking on <Add new> option, then click on Add as default
- Custom option is to be selected, enter the URL of the homepage to be set as
From IE Browser
1. To open Manage add-ons on your IE browser, click on Tools button
2. Select Toolbars and Extensions, them make a selection of Global-Redirect.com to remove it
3. Now click on Reset button to remove Global-Redirect.com add-ons
From Firefox browser
1. To open Add-on Manager tab, select Menu button, and then click on Add-ons
2. Click Extensions
3. Select Remove or Disable button
How to Remove Global-Redirect.com Automatically
Well, in the fast growing technology and day by day increasing malicious activities of cyber criminals, it is necessary for every computer user to protect their PC from Global-Redirect.com. You must own a best removal tool which can provide safety and security to your windows machine. Global-Redirect.com Free Scanner is one of the best tool which is capable to detect Global-Redirect.com or any malware completely from compromised machine. However you need to purchase its licensed version to delete Global-Redirect.com completely.
User Guide : Automatic Global-Redirect.com Free Scanner
Step 1 Download the software and now install it on your computer. Click on “Scan Computer” to detect presence of Global-Redirect.com and its harmful traces.
Step 2 Scan in progress can be viewed
Step 3 Use System Guard feature to block entry of Global-Redirect.com and its infectious files.
Step 4 HelpDesk is an additional feature which is can sort out all your troubles usually you face when PC is infected with Global-Redirect.com
Step 5 Global-Redirect.com Free Scanner has Network Sentry feature which helps to block modification done through Internet connectivity on your computer system.
Step 6 Enable Scan Scheduler feature on your computer to perform scanning at pre set time like daily, weekly or monthly.