Technical Description on Adware.WPSOffice
- Name: WPS Office (Free Version)
- Version: 10.6.0.5380
- Type: Potentially Unwanted Program
- Developer: Kingsoft Office Software
- Discovered: July 27, 2017
- Updated: July 28, 2017 3:17:29 PM
- Alert Level: Low
- Infection Length: Varies
- Affected Systems: Windows OS
Everything You Should Know About Adware.WPSOffice
Adware.WPSOffice is considered as a potentially unwanted application or an adware which is responsible for displaying context pop-up ads onto your system screen. The way how this program acts is quite typical to adware infections. Once successfully installed, it immediately connects to its servers and then downloads other adware apps on your machine. Basically, the threat bombards the computer with annoying advertisements as soon as you start browsing the web. In case, if you click on such adverts, you will be rerouted to phishing websites which belongs to the criminal hackers and seek to rip the PC users off.
These web portals can easily infect the with some nasty viruses like Trojan, ransomware or other cyber threats that will result in system's lock down and also complete take over. As you can see, you should check your device for Adware.WPSOffice and eliminate it as quickly as possible when you start receiving its misleading advertisements and notifications. Besides, it usually spreads together with some freeware, shareware and also attached with spam email attachments. No matter that you do not tend to download any kind of free games and other apps from the Internet, you can easily get infected with such adware threat after clicking on the malicious links equipped with the payload of this infection.
System Related Issues Caused by Adware.WPSOffice
As soon as Adware.WPSOffice gets inside your machine, it changes the registry settings and few other important computer files. By doing that, this adware seeks to start launching every time when the infected system is rebooted. As a result, the threat begins its non-stoppable and annoying activities based on displayed advertisements. It can also slows down the infected device, initiate unwanted browser redirections, track user's online browsing activities and do plenty of other unpleasant things that are quite illegal. Hence, you should take immediate action to delete Adware.WPSOffice completely from your system.
A. Adware.WPSOffice Manual Removal
How to Change the System Folder Settings to view hidden files
On Windows 7 | Vista
Windows Logo button is to be selected and then you need to Open Windows Explorer.
Click on Organize selecting Folder and Search Options.
Now Click on View Tab and select Show hidden files and folders Option to view Adware.WPSOffice related files.
Click on OK to Apply
On Windows 8
Select on Windows + E keys in combination on the keyboard.
Click on View Tab option
File name Extensions along with hidden items is to be checked
Step 2: Delete Adware.WPSOffice Related Files in Hidden Folders as given
- %Temp%\[adware name]
- %AppData%\[adware name]
- %LocalAppData%\[adware name]
- %LocalAppData%\[adware name].exe
- %CommonAppData%\[adware name]
Step 3 : Remove Adware.WPSOffice Related Registry Files on Windows
First, Open Registry Editor
On Windows 7| Vista
Click on Start Button
Select on Run Button
Finally Click on OK button
On Windows 8 Computer
Click on Win [Window Key] + R in Combination on Keyboard
Type regedit.exe in dialog box and press OK.
Confirm OK to open the registry editor.
Look for Adware.WPSOffice related files and entries created in Win Registry.
Note: This step is only suitable for users having Technical Skills, if you delete any other entries other than Adware.WPSOffice, it will permanently damage your PC.
B. Adware.WPSOffice Removal from Windows OS
How to Uninstall Adware.WPSOffice related program on PC
on Windows 10
1. On Win 10 Screen, Click on Start Menu and Select All apps.
this will show entire list of apps installed on Win 10, Find Adware.WPSOffice or any other suspicious program from the list. Right Click on the Selected item to uninstall it.
On Win 7 | Vista
- Select and Click on the Start Button and Click on Control Panel using Start Menu.
2. You need to Select Uninstall Program under the Program Category in Control Panel.
3. Using the Window, Program and Features option, select Installed on to view all the recently installed programs, Now uninstall Adware.WPSOffice or any other suspicious programs.
From window 8 PC
1. Press Windows key + I simultaneously , then open Setting Bar, click Control Panel to open it
2. Under Programs category, select Uninstall a program
3. Search Adware.WPSOffice program in Program and Features window, then click on Uninstall
Step 2:- Uninstall Adware.WPSOffice toolbar, add-on, plug-in and extension from browser IE/Microsoft Edge/Firefox/Google Chrome
From Chrome Browser
1. On Chrome browser, select menu
2. Select Advanced Settings option
3. Click on Extension
4. To remove Adware.WPSOffice extension, click on Trash icon
5. Select the Remove option in dialog box
From Microsoft Edge Browser
( Microsoft Edge does not support extension, now you have to just reset the search engine and homepage of Edge browser)
1. Set homepage on Edge browser to remove Adware.WPSOffice
On address bar click More(..), and then select Settings option
3. View Advanced Settings for specific page, to set homepage to Open with option
4. To set your own homepage click on Custom, the then type URL of your own homepage
2. To remove Adware.WPSOffice set default Search Engine
- On address bar click More(..), and then select Settings option
- select the View advanced settings option
- Select “Search in the address bar with”, then enter the search engine by clicking on <Add new> option, then click on Add as default
- Custom option is to be selected, enter the URL of the homepage to be set as
From IE Browser
1. To open Manage add-ons on your IE browser, click on Tools button
2. Select Toolbars and Extensions, them make a selection of Adware.WPSOffice to remove it
3. Now click on Reset button to remove Adware.WPSOffice add-ons
From Firefox browser
1. To open Add-on Manager tab, select Menu button, and then click on Add-ons
2. Click Extensions
3. Select Remove or Disable button
Step By Step Guide To Uninstall Adware.WPSOffice
How to Remove Adware.WPSOffice Automatically
Well, in the fast growing technology and day by day increasing malicious activities of cyber criminals, it is necessary for every computer user to protect their PC from Adware.WPSOffice. You must own a best removal tool which can provide safety and security to your windows machine. Adware.WPSOffice Free Scanner is one of the best tool which is capable to detect Adware.WPSOffice or any malware completely from compromised machine. However you need to purchase its licensed version to delete Adware.WPSOffice completely.
User Guide : Automatic Adware.WPSOffice Free Scanner
Step 1 Download the software and now install it on your computer. Click on “Scan Computer” to detect presence of Adware.WPSOffice and its harmful traces.
Step 2 Scan in progress can be viewed
Step 3 Use System Guard feature to block entry of Adware.WPSOffice and its infectious files.
Step 4 HelpDesk is an additional feature which is can sort out all your troubles usually you face when PC is infected with Adware.WPSOffice
Step 5 Adware.WPSOffice Free Scanner has Network Sentry feature which helps to block modification done through Internet connectivity on your computer system.
Step 6 Enable Scan Scheduler feature on your computer to perform scanning at pre set time like daily, weekly or monthly.