Technical Details on NetAdapter
- Name: NetAdapter
- Creator: Conner B
- Type: PUP or Adware
- License: Free
- Version: 1.2
- Infection Length: 1.99 MB
- Updated on: 01st June 2015, 02:05:39 PM
- Affected Systems: Windows OS
Detailed Information on NetAdapter
NetAdapter is a program developed by Conner B which is recognized as a potentially unwanted application by the security researchers. This adware runs in the infected computer's background and makes connections to remove the servers without asking for your permission. Once it gets inside your machine, it will immediately make connection to the variety of social media networks, such as Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Google search engine and others. However, it is still unknown that what this undesired software is doing with these connections, the connection with the Facebook appears to be download the information related to various posts on Facebook.
Furthermore, when successfully gets installed on your machine, NetAdapter will download and install Visual C++ redistributable. Although, this is done just because it is required for the application to run properly onto the system. It will also create three scheduled tasks that are used by the program in order to check for new available updates and make sure the software is running smoothly onto the machine and try to perform other tasks as well. However, it is not completely known that what this application is doing, but the behavior of NetAdapter looks very similar to clicker. It means that the program could be running in the computer's background in order to make remote connections which generates likes onto the post of Facebook or share them on other social networks.
Invasion Methods Used by NetAdapter
Most importantly, you should note that the program comes bundled with freeware applications which didn't adequately disclose the additional offers or recommended softwares that would be installed along with it. Hence, it is very important to understand that you should pay close attention to the license agreements and installation procedures while installing cost-free program from the Internet. If the installation screen of any program offers you Custom or Advanced settings, then it is quite a good idea to select any one of them, because they will typically disclose what kind of other program or software will also be installed. In this way, you can easily prevent the infiltration of adware programs like NetAdapter.
A. NetAdapter Manual Removal
How to Change the System Folder Settings to view hidden files
On Windows 7 | Vista
Windows Logo button is to be selected and then you need to Open Windows Explorer.
Click on Organize selecting Folder and Search Options.
Now Click on View Tab and select Show hidden files and folders Option to view NetAdapter related files.
Click on OK to Apply
On Windows 8
Select on Windows + E keys in combination on the keyboard.
Click on View Tab option
File name Extensions along with hidden items is to be checked
Step 2: Delete NetAdapter Related Files in Hidden Folders as given
- %Temp%\[adware name]
- %AppData%\[adware name]
- %LocalAppData%\[adware name]
- %LocalAppData%\[adware name].exe
- %CommonAppData%\[adware name]
Step 3 : Remove NetAdapter Related Registry Files on Windows
First, Open Registry Editor
On Windows 7| Vista
Click on Start Button
Select on Run Button
Finally Click on OK button
On Windows 8 Computer
Click on Win [Window Key] + R in Combination on Keyboard
Type regedit.exe in dialog box and press OK.
Confirm OK to open the registry editor.
Look for NetAdapter related files and entries created in Win Registry.
Note: This step is only suitable for users having Technical Skills, if you delete any other entries other than NetAdapter, it will permanently damage your PC.
B. NetAdapter Removal from Windows OS
How to Uninstall NetAdapter related program on PC
on Windows 10
1. On Win 10 Screen, Click on Start Menu and Select All apps.
this will show entire list of apps installed on Win 10, Find NetAdapter or any other suspicious program from the list. Right Click on the Selected item to uninstall it.
On Win 7 | Vista
- Select and Click on the Start Button and Click on Control Panel using Start Menu.
2. You need to Select Uninstall Program under the Program Category in Control Panel.
3. Using the Window, Program and Features option, select Installed on to view all the recently installed programs, Now uninstall NetAdapter or any other suspicious programs.
From window 8 PC
1. Press Windows key + I simultaneously , then open Setting Bar, click Control Panel to open it
2. Under Programs category, select Uninstall a program
3. Search NetAdapter program in Program and Features window, then click on Uninstall
Step 2:- Uninstall NetAdapter toolbar, add-on, plug-in and extension from browser IE/Microsoft Edge/Firefox/Google Chrome
From Chrome Browser
1. On Chrome browser, select menu
2. Select Advanced Settings option
3. Click on Extension
4. To remove NetAdapter extension, click on Trash icon
5. Select the Remove option in dialog box
From Microsoft Edge Browser
( Microsoft Edge does not support extension, now you have to just reset the search engine and homepage of Edge browser)
1. Set homepage on Edge browser to remove NetAdapter
On address bar click More(..), and then select Settings option
3. View Advanced Settings for specific page, to set homepage to Open with option
4. To set your own homepage click on Custom, the then type URL of your own homepage
2. To remove NetAdapter set default Search Engine
- On address bar click More(..), and then select Settings option
- select the View advanced settings option
- Select “Search in the address bar with”, then enter the search engine by clicking on <Add new> option, then click on Add as default
- Custom option is to be selected, enter the URL of the homepage to be set as
From IE Browser
1. To open Manage add-ons on your IE browser, click on Tools button
2. Select Toolbars and Extensions, them make a selection of NetAdapter to remove it
3. Now click on Reset button to remove NetAdapter add-ons
From Firefox browser
1. To open Add-on Manager tab, select Menu button, and then click on Add-ons
2. Click Extensions
3. Select Remove or Disable button
Get Rid Of NetAdapter Successfully
|French||Se Débarrasser De NetAdapter Dans les étapes simples|
|German||Wie man Löschen NetAdapter von Firefox|
|Polish||Pozbyć się NetAdapter z Firefox : Naprawić NetAdapter|
|Portuguese||Removendo NetAdapter Imediatamente|
|Italian||Eliminazione NetAdapter In semplici clic|
|Spanish||Guía completa de Desinstalar NetAdapter de Chrome|
|Japanese||削除 NetAdapter 即座に|
|Dutch||Stap voor stap handleiding voor Verwijder NetAdapter van Safari|
|Danish||Bedste måde at Fjerne NetAdapter|
How to Remove NetAdapter Automatically
Well, in the fast growing technology and day by day increasing malicious activities of cyber criminals, it is necessary for every computer user to protect their PC from NetAdapter. You must own a best removal tool which can provide safety and security to your windows machine. NetAdapter Free Scanner is one of the best tool which is capable to detect NetAdapter or any malware completely from compromised machine. However you need to purchase its licensed version to delete NetAdapter completely.
User Guide : Automatic NetAdapter Free Scanner
Step 1 Download the software and now install it on your computer. Click on “Scan Computer” to detect presence of NetAdapter and its harmful traces.
Step 2 Scan in progress can be viewed
Step 3 Use System Guard feature to block entry of NetAdapter and its infectious files.
Step 4 HelpDesk is an additional feature which is can sort out all your troubles usually you face when PC is infected with NetAdapter
Step 5 NetAdapter Free Scanner has Network Sentry feature which helps to block modification done through Internet connectivity on your computer system.
Step 6 Enable Scan Scheduler feature on your computer to perform scanning at pre set time like daily, weekly or monthly.