These days, most of the System users are experienced with Chromium open source project, my1tab – New Tab Page. If you are also one of them who are noticing this extension in their browser and want to delete it completely then go through with this post completely.
my1tab – New Tab Page : It's Technical Details
|Threat's Name||my1tab – New Tab Page|
|Threat's Type||Potentially Unwanted Program|
|Last Updated on||June 28th, 2017|
|Chrome's Web Store||https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/my1tab-new-tab-page/kadalpbldokjhijcgndnldpheokmaeje|
|Affected Systems||Windows PC|
|Affected Browsers||Google Chrome, IE, Mozilla Firefox, Opera, Microsoft Edge and many more.|
|Detection Possible||Yes, download free windows scanner to detect & uninstall my1tab – New Tab Page.|
Detailed Information & Removal Tips of my1tab – New Tab Page
Being developed by Aztec Media Inc, my1tab – New Tab Page is another dubious browser toolbar or browser add-on that is distributed over the Internet very widely these days. Such a toolbar can be easily added to any installed browsers including Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Opera, Microsoft Edge, Safari and many more without user's awareness. Upon the initial inspection, it seems as a very helpful one that delivers beautiful HD backgrounds each day on user's new tab page.
But actually security analysts are listed it under the potentially unwanted program just because of it's secret infiltration and negative traits. The creators of such a program uses couples of deceptive and tricky method to compromise the Windows System but mainly distributed via bundling method. The intrusion of such a program actually happens due to lack of System knowledge. In order to avoid PC you have to very attentive while downloading any software and you must be cautious while surfing the web.
Once my1tab – New Tab Page often penetrates inside the PC successfully, you have to face with several serious issues, some of them are :
- Freezes your System and crashes your browsers.
- Downpours overall performance speed by eating up too much Computer as well as network performances.
- Automatically alters user's default browsers settings and homepage.
- Annoyed users by displaying endless irritating as well as commercial ads.
- Replaces browser's default search engine and causes web redirection issue.
A. my1tab – New Tab Page Manual Removal
How to Change the System Folder Settings to view hidden files
On Windows 7 | Vista
Windows Logo button is to be selected and then you need to Open Windows Explorer.
Click on Organize selecting Folder and Search Options.
Now Click on View Tab and select Show hidden files and folders Option to view my1tab – New Tab Page related files.
Click on OK to Apply
On Windows 8
Select on Windows + E keys in combination on the keyboard.
Click on View Tab option
File name Extensions along with hidden items is to be checked
Step 2: Delete my1tab – New Tab Page Related Files in Hidden Folders as given
- %Temp%\[adware name]
- %AppData%\[adware name]
- %LocalAppData%\[adware name]
- %LocalAppData%\[adware name].exe
- %CommonAppData%\[adware name]
Step 3 : Remove my1tab – New Tab Page Related Registry Files on Windows
First, Open Registry Editor
On Windows 7| Vista
Click on Start Button
Select on Run Button
Finally Click on OK button
On Windows 8 Computer
Click on Win [Window Key] + R in Combination on Keyboard
Type regedit.exe in dialog box and press OK.
Confirm OK to open the registry editor.
Look for my1tab – New Tab Page related files and entries created in Win Registry.
Note: This step is only suitable for users having Technical Skills, if you delete any other entries other than my1tab – New Tab Page, it will permanently damage your PC.
B. my1tab – New Tab Page Removal from Windows OS
How to Uninstall my1tab – New Tab Page related program on PC
on Windows 10
1. On Win 10 Screen, Click on Start Menu and Select All apps.
this will show entire list of apps installed on Win 10, Find my1tab – New Tab Page or any other suspicious program from the list. Right Click on the Selected item to uninstall it.
On Win 7 | Vista
- Select and Click on the Start Button and Click on Control Panel using Start Menu.
2. You need to Select Uninstall Program under the Program Category in Control Panel.
3. Using the Window, Program and Features option, select Installed on to view all the recently installed programs, Now uninstall my1tab – New Tab Page or any other suspicious programs.
From window 8 PC
1. Press Windows key + I simultaneously , then open Setting Bar, click Control Panel to open it
2. Under Programs category, select Uninstall a program
3. Search my1tab – New Tab Page program in Program and Features window, then click on Uninstall
Step 2:- Uninstall my1tab – New Tab Page toolbar, add-on, plug-in and extension from browser IE/Microsoft Edge/Firefox/Google Chrome
From Chrome Browser
1. On Chrome browser, select menu
2. Select Advanced Settings option
3. Click on Extension
4. To remove my1tab – New Tab Page extension, click on Trash icon
5. Select the Remove option in dialog box
From Microsoft Edge Browser
( Microsoft Edge does not support extension, now you have to just reset the search engine and homepage of Edge browser)
1. Set homepage on Edge browser to remove my1tab – New Tab Page
On address bar click More(..), and then select Settings option
3. View Advanced Settings for specific page, to set homepage to Open with option
4. To set your own homepage click on Custom, the then type URL of your own homepage
2. To remove my1tab – New Tab Page set default Search Engine
- On address bar click More(..), and then select Settings option
- select the View advanced settings option
- Select “Search in the address bar with”, then enter the search engine by clicking on <Add new> option, then click on Add as default
- Custom option is to be selected, enter the URL of the homepage to be set as
From IE Browser
1. To open Manage add-ons on your IE browser, click on Tools button
2. Select Toolbars and Extensions, them make a selection of my1tab – New Tab Page to remove it
3. Now click on Reset button to remove my1tab – New Tab Page add-ons
From Firefox browser
1. To open Add-on Manager tab, select Menu button, and then click on Add-ons
2. Click Extensions
3. Select Remove or Disable button
Best Way To Get Rid Of my1tab – New Tab Page from Internet Explorer
|French||Solution À Retirer my1tab - New Tab Page|
|German||Entfernen my1tab - New Tab Page von Internet Explorer|
|Polish||Tutorial do Pozbyć się my1tab - New Tab Page|
|Portuguese||Excluindo my1tab - New Tab Page Em passos simples|
|Italian||Rimuovere my1tab - New Tab Page da Internet Explorer|
|Spanish||Mejor manera de Deshacerse De my1tab - New Tab Page de Safari|
|Japanese||削除 my1tab - New Tab Page から Opera : 削除 my1tab - New Tab Page|
|Dutch||Het verwijderen my1tab - New Tab Page Met Succes|
|Danish||Slet my1tab - New Tab Page fra Firefox|
How to Remove my1tab – New Tab Page Automatically
Well, in the fast growing technology and day by day increasing malicious activities of cyber criminals, it is necessary for every computer user to protect their PC from my1tab – New Tab Page. You must own a best removal tool which can provide safety and security to your windows machine. my1tab – New Tab Page Free Scanner is one of the best tool which is capable to detect my1tab – New Tab Page or any malware completely from compromised machine. However you need to purchase its licensed version to delete my1tab – New Tab Page completely.
User Guide : Automatic my1tab – New Tab Page Free Scanner
Step 1 Download the software and now install it on your computer. Click on “Scan Computer” to detect presence of my1tab – New Tab Page and its harmful traces.
Step 2 Scan in progress can be viewed
Step 3 Use System Guard feature to block entry of my1tab – New Tab Page and its infectious files.
Step 4 HelpDesk is an additional feature which is can sort out all your troubles usually you face when PC is infected with my1tab – New Tab Page
Step 5 my1tab – New Tab Page Free Scanner has Network Sentry feature which helps to block modification done through Internet connectivity on your computer system.
Step 6 Enable Scan Scheduler feature on your computer to perform scanning at pre set time like daily, weekly or monthly.