Ransom.Fakecry : Detailed explanation about its behavior
Ransom.Fakecry is a perilous system threat which is identified as a Trojan. It secretly sneaks into your system without any approval. Once it entered on your system then hides itself deep into the system files to escape from security scanner detections. Main purpose to developed this kind of malware to make revenue illegally. After successful entry on your system it try to make it vulnerable for more malware attacks. It alters system settings, registry settings to easily do their vicious works freely. It performs unwanted works such as while you working any important then it reboot PC from background to hamper your work, redirect you on several malicious sites to drop more virus and malware infection into your machine. It runs various unknown tasks into system background that degrade your system performance and speed of work process. It disables your system programs and their functionalities to make your system hazardous to work.
Distinctive information about Ransom.Fakecry
5 July 2017
5 July 2017 3:46:35 PM
Slow system performance, altered system settings, disabled system functions
Spam emails, corrupt programs, free download, malicious ads or pop-ups etc.
Symptoms which shows Ransom.Fakecry attack your system
- Slow PC performance.
- Altered system settings without your permission.
- Browser redirections on other infected sites.
- Disable antivirus and system software functionalities.
- Conceal of data and sensitive credentials to violate privacy.
- Showing of unwanted ads or pop-ups on opened webpages.
Preventions you follow to protect your system from Ransom.Fakecry
- Disable all extra privileges on your system.
- Close all unnecessary network terminals.
- Avoid to open spam email and do not download its contents.
- Enforce a strong and unique password policy on your system.
- Do not allow auto executable on your automatically run.
- Avoid to use random links, visit suspicious sites and pirated programs on your system.
- Always keep up to date your security software and system programs.
- Do not use infected removal or storage drives on PC such as external hard drive, USBs etc.
Is it possible to remove Ransom.Fakecry?
Yes it is very much possible to remove Ransom.Fakecry from your compromised system. You should use a reputable anti-malware on your system or you can also go for manual method to eliminate the virus from your machine. For manual process you should follow the below given removal instruction.
A. Ransom.Fakecry Manual Removal
How to Change the System Folder Settings to view hidden files
On Windows 7 | Vista
Windows Logo button is to be selected and then you need to Open Windows Explorer.
Click on Organize selecting Folder and Search Options.
Now Click on View Tab and select Show hidden files and folders Option to view Ransom.Fakecry related files.
Click on OK to Apply
On Windows 8
Select on Windows + E keys in combination on the keyboard.
Click on View Tab option
File name Extensions along with hidden items is to be checked
Step 2: Delete Ransom.Fakecry Related Files in Hidden Folders as given
- %Temp%\[adware name]
- %AppData%\[adware name]
- %LocalAppData%\[adware name]
- %LocalAppData%\[adware name].exe
- %CommonAppData%\[adware name]
Step 3 : Remove Ransom.Fakecry Related Registry Files on Windows
First, Open Registry Editor
On Windows 7| Vista
Click on Start Button
Select on Run Button
Finally Click on OK button
On Windows 8 Computer
Click on Win [Window Key] + R in Combination on Keyboard
Type regedit.exe in dialog box and press OK.
Confirm OK to open the registry editor.
Look for Ransom.Fakecry related files and entries created in Win Registry.
Note: This step is only suitable for users having Technical Skills, if you delete any other entries other than Ransom.Fakecry, it will permanently damage your PC.
B. Ransom.Fakecry Removal from Windows OS
How to Uninstall Ransom.Fakecry related program on PC
on Windows 10
1. On Win 10 Screen, Click on Start Menu and Select All apps.
this will show entire list of apps installed on Win 10, Find Ransom.Fakecry or any other suspicious program from the list. Right Click on the Selected item to uninstall it.
On Win 7 | Vista
- Select and Click on the Start Button and Click on Control Panel using Start Menu.
2. You need to Select Uninstall Program under the Program Category in Control Panel.
3. Using the Window, Program and Features option, select Installed on to view all the recently installed programs, Now uninstall Ransom.Fakecry or any other suspicious programs.
From window 8 PC
1. Press Windows key + I simultaneously , then open Setting Bar, click Control Panel to open it
2. Under Programs category, select Uninstall a program
3. Search Ransom.Fakecry program in Program and Features window, then click on Uninstall
Step 2:- Uninstall Ransom.Fakecry toolbar, add-on, plug-in and extension from browser IE/Microsoft Edge/Firefox/Google Chrome
From Chrome Browser
1. On Chrome browser, select menu
2. Select Advanced Settings option
3. Click on Extension
4. To remove Ransom.Fakecry extension, click on Trash icon
5. Select the Remove option in dialog box
From Microsoft Edge Browser
( Microsoft Edge does not support extension, now you have to just reset the search engine and homepage of Edge browser)
1. Set homepage on Edge browser to remove Ransom.Fakecry
On address bar click More(..), and then select Settings option
3. View Advanced Settings for specific page, to set homepage to Open with option
4. To set your own homepage click on Custom, the then type URL of your own homepage
2. To remove Ransom.Fakecry set default Search Engine
- On address bar click More(..), and then select Settings option
- select the View advanced settings option
- Select “Search in the address bar with”, then enter the search engine by clicking on <Add new> option, then click on Add as default
- Custom option is to be selected, enter the URL of the homepage to be set as
From IE Browser
1. To open Manage add-ons on your IE browser, click on Tools button
2. Select Toolbars and Extensions, them make a selection of Ransom.Fakecry to remove it
3. Now click on Reset button to remove Ransom.Fakecry add-ons
From Firefox browser
1. To open Add-on Manager tab, select Menu button, and then click on Add-ons
2. Click Extensions
3. Select Remove or Disable button
How to Remove Ransom.Fakecry Automatically
Well, in the fast growing technology and day by day increasing malicious activities of cyber criminals, it is necessary for every computer user to protect their PC from Ransom.Fakecry. You must own a best removal tool which can provide safety and security to your windows machine. Ransom.Fakecry Free Scanner is one of the best tool which is capable to detect Ransom.Fakecry or any malware completely from compromised machine. However you need to purchase its licensed version to delete Ransom.Fakecry completely.
User Guide : Automatic Ransom.Fakecry Free Scanner
Step 1 Download the software and now install it on your computer. Click on “Scan Computer” to detect presence of Ransom.Fakecry and its harmful traces.
Step 2 Scan in progress can be viewed
Step 3 Use System Guard feature to block entry of Ransom.Fakecry and its infectious files.
Step 4 HelpDesk is an additional feature which is can sort out all your troubles usually you face when PC is infected with Ransom.Fakecry
Step 5 Ransom.Fakecry Free Scanner has Network Sentry feature which helps to block modification done through Internet connectivity on your computer system.
Step 6 Enable Scan Scheduler feature on your computer to perform scanning at pre set time like daily, weekly or monthly.