Complete Description on Microsoft.Photos.exe
Microsoft.Photos.exe is an executable file which is completely legitimate and belongs to the Windows program. However, there are several reports of different anti-virus programs which flagged this executable file as a virus. At first, the huge opinion was that the reports of the anti-virus tools is a false-positive, but there are also many reports which reveals that few Windows applications were exploited via vulnerabilities of Trojans.
Although, we cannot tell you if this is the case, but we'll proceed with the idea that you've been breached by a nasty Trojan. The correct path of .exe should run from the C:\ProgramFiles\WindowsApps\(…)\Microsoft.Photos.exe. However, if it is not running from there, or even if it is, but you have a reason to suspect it as a malicious Trojan. So, we advise you to completely read the guide, just for the sake of your system security and privacy.
As an exemplary Trojan virus, Microsoft.Photos.exe possesses the characteristics which is common for all th existing version of this of virus. Among them are:
- The threat has an ability to self-install on targeted computer.
- Infect all kind of online content and steal vital information for evil purposes.
- It will generally remain hidden on the infected system.
- Trojan will not reveal itself during the process of performing whatever the malware have been designed to.
How Microsoft.Photos.exe threat gets inside your system?
The most likely ways to get infected with this Trojan are listed below:
Clicking on malicious online advertisements: Not all of the banners and pop-ups you come across while surfing the Internet are safe. Also, most of them are harmless. But the one that are generated by phishing domains are particularly malicious, because they may reroute you to the website that containing malware.
Applying bogus updates: Sometimes, you may see fake update links displayed on your system screen and when you accept to apply them, then your computer automatically get infected with Microsoft.Photos.exe or such type of nasty infections. That is why, we strongly recommend that you always check for the updates manually in order to avoid any suspicious requests.
By opening spam email attachments: It is possible to catch this Trojan virus by opening an infected email attachment. We highly suggest that you open the mail attachment that comes from the senders you recognize.
Visiting dubious websites: Any sites which seem suspicious must be avoided, especially the illegal ones which distribute torrents, software or movies. These domains are very likely to spread PC infections like Microsoft.Photos.exe.
How to Remove Microsoft.Photos.exe Completely
Microsoft.Photos.exe is one of the most dangerous and notorious trojan threat which is quite very troublemaker and contribute lots of problems for the innocent PC users. This threat is now disbursed all across and has targeted many of the windows computer to put its harmful effects. Although, Microsoft.Photos.exe might not seen to be very dangerous and so mostly people avoid its presence. Nevertheless, it is a very dreadful trojan infection that sneaks into computer very silently and quickly manages to hide its identity without letting anyone know about its presence. Microsoft.Photos.exe execute command prompt to continue its evil tasks and copies file name to prevents itself from being detected. Now, there must be in your mind how such type of malware slips into PC.
Below is the list of negative impact of Microsoft.Photos.exe is given that would let you know how dangerous and infectious Microsoft.Photos.exe is.
Microsoft.Photos.exe often copies genuine file and prevent itself from being detected.
It changes file name stored in the PC with malicious extensions.
You might notice certain changes into the system default settings.
It is a troublemaker threat which creates problems when you reboot your computer.
Its worst impact might leads to unusual shut down of Computer
It is responsible for slower system performance speed.
Microsoft.Photos.exe brings your privacy at high risk and allows web hackers to use you personal details for illegal purpose which might lead you to become identity theft victim.
A. Microsoft.Photos.exe Manual Removal
How to Change the System Folder Settings to view hidden files
On Windows 7 | Vista
Windows Logo button is to be selected and then you need to Open Windows Explorer.
Click on Organize selecting Folder and Search Options.
Now Click on View Tab and select Show hidden files and folders Option to view Microsoft.Photos.exe related files.
Click on OK to Apply
On Windows 8
Select on Windows + E keys in combination on the keyboard.
Click on View Tab option
File name Extensions along with hidden items is to be checked
Step 2: Delete Microsoft.Photos.exe Related Files in Hidden Folders as given
- %Temp%\[adware name]
- %AppData%\[adware name]
- %LocalAppData%\[adware name]
- %LocalAppData%\[adware name].exe
- %CommonAppData%\[adware name]
Step 3 : Remove Microsoft.Photos.exe Related Registry Files on Windows
First, Open Registry Editor
On Windows 7| Vista
Click on Start Button
Select on Run Button
Finally Click on OK button
On Windows 8 Computer
Click on Win [Window Key] + R in Combination on Keyboard
Type regedit.exe in dialog box and press OK.
Confirm OK to open the registry editor.
Look for Microsoft.Photos.exe related files and entries created in Win Registry.
Note: This step is only suitable for users having Technical Skills, if you delete any other entries other than Microsoft.Photos.exe, it will permanently damage your PC.
B. Microsoft.Photos.exe Removal from Windows OS
How to Uninstall Microsoft.Photos.exe related program on PC
on Windows 10
1. On Win 10 Screen, Click on Start Menu and Select All apps.
this will show entire list of apps installed on Win 10, Find Microsoft.Photos.exe or any other suspicious program from the list. Right Click on the Selected item to uninstall it.
On Win 7 | Vista
- Select and Click on the Start Button and Click on Control Panel using Start Menu.
2. You need to Select Uninstall Program under the Program Category in Control Panel.
3. Using the Window, Program and Features option, select Installed on to view all the recently installed programs, Now uninstall Microsoft.Photos.exe or any other suspicious programs.
From window 8 PC
1. Press Windows key + I simultaneously , then open Setting Bar, click Control Panel to open it
2. Under Programs category, select Uninstall a program
3. Search Microsoft.Photos.exe program in Program and Features window, then click on Uninstall
Step 2:- Uninstall Microsoft.Photos.exe toolbar, add-on, plug-in and extension from browser IE/Microsoft Edge/Firefox/Google Chrome
From Chrome Browser
1. On Chrome browser, select menu
2. Select Advanced Settings option
3. Click on Extension
4. To remove Microsoft.Photos.exe extension, click on Trash icon
5. Select the Remove option in dialog box
From Microsoft Edge Browser
( Microsoft Edge does not support extension, now you have to just reset the search engine and homepage of Edge browser)
1. Set homepage on Edge browser to remove Microsoft.Photos.exe
On address bar click More(..), and then select Settings option
3. View Advanced Settings for specific page, to set homepage to Open with option
4. To set your own homepage click on Custom, the then type URL of your own homepage
2. To remove Microsoft.Photos.exe set default Search Engine
- On address bar click More(..), and then select Settings option
- select the View advanced settings option
- Select “Search in the address bar with”, then enter the search engine by clicking on <Add new> option, then click on Add as default
- Custom option is to be selected, enter the URL of the homepage to be set as
From IE Browser
1. To open Manage add-ons on your IE browser, click on Tools button
2. Select Toolbars and Extensions, them make a selection of Microsoft.Photos.exe to remove it
3. Now click on Reset button to remove Microsoft.Photos.exe add-ons
From Firefox browser
1. To open Add-on Manager tab, select Menu button, and then click on Add-ons
2. Click Extensions
3. Select Remove or Disable button
How to Remove Microsoft.Photos.exe Automatically
Well, in the fast growing technology and day by day increasing malicious activities of cyber criminals, it is necessary for every computer user to protect their PC from Microsoft.Photos.exe. You must own a best removal tool which can provide safety and security to your windows machine. Microsoft.Photos.exe Free Scanner is one of the best tool which is capable to detect Microsoft.Photos.exe or any malware completely from compromised machine. However you need to purchase its licensed version to delete Microsoft.Photos.exe completely.
User Guide : Automatic Microsoft.Photos.exe Free Scanner
Step 1 Download the software and now install it on your computer. Click on “Scan Computer” to detect presence of Microsoft.Photos.exe and its harmful traces.
Step 2 Scan in progress can be viewed
Step 3 Use System Guard feature to block entry of Microsoft.Photos.exe and its infectious files.
Step 4 HelpDesk is an additional feature which is can sort out all your troubles usually you face when PC is infected with Microsoft.Photos.exe
Step 5 Microsoft.Photos.exe Free Scanner has Network Sentry feature which helps to block modification done through Internet connectivity on your computer system.
Step 6 Enable Scan Scheduler feature on your computer to perform scanning at pre set time like daily, weekly or monthly.