Research Report on SONAR.SuspPE!gen7
- Name: SONAR.SuspPE!gen7
- Type: Trojan
- Discovered on: August 13, 2017
- Updated on: August 16, 2017 1:28:59 PM
- Alert Level: Severe
- Infection Length: Varies
- Affected PCs: Windows OS
Get More Knowledge on SONAR.SuspPE!gen7
With the help of malicious PE (Portable Executable) files, the operators behind the SONAR.SuspPE!gen7 virus employ some unwanted modification onto the infected machine without being noticed. It corrupts the PE files, such as SCR, EXE, SYS and DLL files onto the contaminated system involving removable drives. It terminates the computer security processes that usually linked with the installed security softwares and overwrites some of their important codes, which means that the victimized computer user may have to reinstall those affected security applications. Once successfully installed, the Trojan makes important changes by just downloading malevolent files from the remote malware server and also modify the Windows registry entries.
Furthermore, the malicious files downloaded by the SONAR.SuspPE!gen7 Trojan virus may be either nasty malware infection or updated version of one of the most hazardous computer virus i.e. ransomware. Besides, it has the capability of overwriting the malevolent files that it placed onto your computer for other illicit purposes. It will make the security programs installed onto the compromised machine to work improperly. The Trojan also adds it copy as an executable file named as “service.exe” and creates malicious registry entries in order to ensure that it loads automatically whenever your Windows PC is started. Therefore, it is essential for you to take some preemptive measures to eliminate SONAR.SuspPE!gen7 safely from your system.
How To Protect Yourself From SONAR.SuspPE!gen7 Attack?
Typically, such type of Trojan threats spread with the help of malicious executable files, spam email attachments, malware-laden advertisements, exploit kits, and fake or illegal downloads. Hence, to avoid the vicious attack of SONAR.SuspPE!gen7, it is important for you to follow the below mentioned security tips:
- Keep your installed programs and OS updated.
- Do not click on aggressive adverts.
- Invest in reputable and trustworthy anti-malware tool.
- Do not install questionable, illegal files or programs.
- Create regular backup and update them at regular interval of time.
- Do not visit gambling, pornographic, gaming or other high-risk sites.
A. SONAR.SuspPE!gen7 Manual Removal
How to Change the System Folder Settings to view hidden files
On Windows 7 | Vista
Windows Logo button is to be selected and then you need to Open Windows Explorer.
Click on Organize selecting Folder and Search Options.
Now Click on View Tab and select Show hidden files and folders Option to view SONAR.SuspPE!gen7 related files.
Click on OK to Apply
On Windows 8
Select on Windows + E keys in combination on the keyboard.
Click on View Tab option
File name Extensions along with hidden items is to be checked
Step 2: Delete SONAR.SuspPE!gen7 Related Files in Hidden Folders as given
- %Temp%\[adware name]
- %AppData%\[adware name]
- %LocalAppData%\[adware name]
- %LocalAppData%\[adware name].exe
- %CommonAppData%\[adware name]
Step 3 : Remove SONAR.SuspPE!gen7 Related Registry Files on Windows
First, Open Registry Editor
On Windows 7| Vista
Click on Start Button
Select on Run Button
Finally Click on OK button
On Windows 8 Computer
Click on Win [Window Key] + R in Combination on Keyboard
Type regedit.exe in dialog box and press OK.
Confirm OK to open the registry editor.
Look for SONAR.SuspPE!gen7 related files and entries created in Win Registry.
Note: This step is only suitable for users having Technical Skills, if you delete any other entries other than SONAR.SuspPE!gen7, it will permanently damage your PC.
B. SONAR.SuspPE!gen7 Removal from Windows OS
How to Uninstall SONAR.SuspPE!gen7 related program on PC
on Windows 10
1. On Win 10 Screen, Click on Start Menu and Select All apps.
this will show entire list of apps installed on Win 10, Find SONAR.SuspPE!gen7 or any other suspicious program from the list. Right Click on the Selected item to uninstall it.
On Win 7 | Vista
- Select and Click on the Start Button and Click on Control Panel using Start Menu.
2. You need to Select Uninstall Program under the Program Category in Control Panel.
3. Using the Window, Program and Features option, select Installed on to view all the recently installed programs, Now uninstall SONAR.SuspPE!gen7 or any other suspicious programs.
From window 8 PC
1. Press Windows key + I simultaneously , then open Setting Bar, click Control Panel to open it
2. Under Programs category, select Uninstall a program
3. Search SONAR.SuspPE!gen7 program in Program and Features window, then click on Uninstall
Step 2:- Uninstall SONAR.SuspPE!gen7 toolbar, add-on, plug-in and extension from browser IE/Microsoft Edge/Firefox/Google Chrome
From Chrome Browser
1. On Chrome browser, select menu
2. Select Advanced Settings option
3. Click on Extension
4. To remove SONAR.SuspPE!gen7 extension, click on Trash icon
5. Select the Remove option in dialog box
From Microsoft Edge Browser
( Microsoft Edge does not support extension, now you have to just reset the search engine and homepage of Edge browser)
1. Set homepage on Edge browser to remove SONAR.SuspPE!gen7
On address bar click More(..), and then select Settings option
3. View Advanced Settings for specific page, to set homepage to Open with option
4. To set your own homepage click on Custom, the then type URL of your own homepage
2. To remove SONAR.SuspPE!gen7 set default Search Engine
- On address bar click More(..), and then select Settings option
- select the View advanced settings option
- Select “Search in the address bar with”, then enter the search engine by clicking on <Add new> option, then click on Add as default
- Custom option is to be selected, enter the URL of the homepage to be set as
From IE Browser
1. To open Manage add-ons on your IE browser, click on Tools button
2. Select Toolbars and Extensions, them make a selection of SONAR.SuspPE!gen7 to remove it
3. Now click on Reset button to remove SONAR.SuspPE!gen7 add-ons
From Firefox browser
1. To open Add-on Manager tab, select Menu button, and then click on Add-ons
2. Click Extensions
3. Select Remove or Disable button
How to Remove SONAR.SuspPE!gen7 Automatically
Well, in the fast growing technology and day by day increasing malicious activities of cyber criminals, it is necessary for every computer user to protect their PC from SONAR.SuspPE!gen7. You must own a best removal tool which can provide safety and security to your windows machine. SONAR.SuspPE!gen7 Free Scanner is one of the best tool which is capable to detect SONAR.SuspPE!gen7 or any malware completely from compromised machine. However you need to purchase its licensed version to delete SONAR.SuspPE!gen7 completely.
User Guide : Automatic SONAR.SuspPE!gen7 Free Scanner
Step 1 Download the software and now install it on your computer. Click on “Scan Computer” to detect presence of SONAR.SuspPE!gen7 and its harmful traces.
Step 2 Scan in progress can be viewed
Step 3 Use System Guard feature to block entry of SONAR.SuspPE!gen7 and its infectious files.
Step 4 HelpDesk is an additional feature which is can sort out all your troubles usually you face when PC is infected with SONAR.SuspPE!gen7
Step 5 SONAR.SuspPE!gen7 Free Scanner has Network Sentry feature which helps to block modification done through Internet connectivity on your computer system.
Step 6 Enable Scan Scheduler feature on your computer to perform scanning at pre set time like daily, weekly or monthly.