Technical Information on SONAR.RarSFX!PUA
- Name: SONAR.RarSFX!PUA
- Type: Potentially Unwanted Application
- Discovered on: 16th March 2017
- Updated on: 16th March 2017, 11:12:36 PM
- Risk Impact: Medium
- Infection Length: Varies
- Systems Affected: Windows OS
What do you know about SONAR.RarSFX!PUA?
SONAR.RarSFX!PUA is a kind of potentially unwanted application which invades the targeted Windows machine sneakily by hiding itself on some cost-free program which users downloaded from an untrusted sources. It has the ability to spread its files onto entire machine and modify some of the crucial system settings. Due to the presence of this adware threat, some other nasty infections may also get inside your computer which leads the infected machine in a highly risky state. In order to run it's associated files automatically onto the affected PC, it make few changes into the registry entries. In addition to that, SONAR.RarSFX!PUA can display plenty of intrusive advertisements on your system's screen whenever you try to browse the web. Although, when you to try run any installed apps or open a new tab onto your web browser, you get those annoying adverts from this dubious program.
Moreover, its displayed adverts may lead you to some unreliable and unsafe domains that are infected with malware or compromised by the criminal hackers. When you try to perform some online operations on your computer, then you need to wait for a long time because the machine implement slowly upon your instructions due to the invasion of SONAR.RarSFX!PUA threat. Besides, it can drop few unfamiliar extension into your browser with the main purpose of messing up your online searches. This adware modifies the default Internet browser settings without seeking for your approval that will result in slow and sluggish browser performance. However, the application is supposed to improve the user's web browsing experience, but it will perform various unwanted activities that will lead your browser and system to a severe condition. Hence, it is highly suggested by the security researchers of RPVT to eliminate SONAR.RarSFX!PUA from your infected machine as early as possible.
Malicious Properties of SONAR.RarSFX!PUA
- Display intrusive adverts and fake alerts on your system screen.
- It may install other kind of adware programs onto the affected PC.
- Degrades the performance of your browser as well as the computer.
- Redirect your search queries to unfamiliar or even unsafe website.
- The adverts displayed by this adware may lead you to phishing domains.
A. SONAR.RarSFX!PUA Manual Removal
How to Change the System Folder Settings to view hidden files
On Windows 7 | Vista
Windows Logo button is to be selected and then you need to Open Windows Explorer.
Click on Organize selecting Folder and Search Options.
Now Click on View Tab and select Show hidden files and folders Option to view SONAR.RarSFX!PUA related files.
Click on OK to Apply
On Windows 8
Select on Windows + E keys in combination on the keyboard.
Click on View Tab option
File name Extensions along with hidden items is to be checked
Step 2: Delete SONAR.RarSFX!PUA Related Files in Hidden Folders as given
- %Temp%\[adware name]
- %AppData%\[adware name]
- %LocalAppData%\[adware name]
- %LocalAppData%\[adware name].exe
- %CommonAppData%\[adware name]
Step 3 : Remove SONAR.RarSFX!PUA Related Registry Files on Windows
First, Open Registry Editor
On Windows 7| Vista
Click on Start Button
Select on Run Button
Finally Click on OK button
On Windows 8 Computer
Click on Win [Window Key] + R in Combination on Keyboard
Type regedit.exe in dialog box and press OK.
Confirm OK to open the registry editor.
Look for SONAR.RarSFX!PUA related files and entries created in Win Registry.
Note: This step is only suitable for users having Technical Skills, if you delete any other entries other than SONAR.RarSFX!PUA, it will permanently damage your PC.
B. SONAR.RarSFX!PUA Removal from Windows OS
How to Uninstall SONAR.RarSFX!PUA related program on PC
on Windows 10
1. On Win 10 Screen, Click on Start Menu and Select All apps.
this will show entire list of apps installed on Win 10, Find SONAR.RarSFX!PUA or any other suspicious program from the list. Right Click on the Selected item to uninstall it.
On Win 7 | Vista
- Select and Click on the Start Button and Click on Control Panel using Start Menu.
2. You need to Select Uninstall Program under the Program Category in Control Panel.
3. Using the Window, Program and Features option, select Installed on to view all the recently installed programs, Now uninstall SONAR.RarSFX!PUA or any other suspicious programs.
From window 8 PC
1. Press Windows key + I simultaneously , then open Setting Bar, click Control Panel to open it
2. Under Programs category, select Uninstall a program
3. Search SONAR.RarSFX!PUA program in Program and Features window, then click on Uninstall
Step 2:- Uninstall SONAR.RarSFX!PUA toolbar, add-on, plug-in and extension from browser IE/Microsoft Edge/Firefox/Google Chrome
From Chrome Browser
1. On Chrome browser, select menu
2. Select Advanced Settings option
3. Click on Extension
4. To remove SONAR.RarSFX!PUA extension, click on Trash icon
5. Select the Remove option in dialog box
From Microsoft Edge Browser
( Microsoft Edge does not support extension, now you have to just reset the search engine and homepage of Edge browser)
1. Set homepage on Edge browser to remove SONAR.RarSFX!PUA
On address bar click More(..), and then select Settings option
3. View Advanced Settings for specific page, to set homepage to Open with option
4. To set your own homepage click on Custom, the then type URL of your own homepage
2. To remove SONAR.RarSFX!PUA set default Search Engine
- On address bar click More(..), and then select Settings option
- select the View advanced settings option
- Select “Search in the address bar with”, then enter the search engine by clicking on <Add new> option, then click on Add as default
- Custom option is to be selected, enter the URL of the homepage to be set as
From IE Browser
1. To open Manage add-ons on your IE browser, click on Tools button
2. Select Toolbars and Extensions, them make a selection of SONAR.RarSFX!PUA to remove it
3. Now click on Reset button to remove SONAR.RarSFX!PUA add-ons
From Firefox browser
1. To open Add-on Manager tab, select Menu button, and then click on Add-ons
2. Click Extensions
3. Select Remove or Disable button
Removing SONAR.RarSFX!PUA Successfully
How to Remove SONAR.RarSFX!PUA Automatically
Well, in the fast growing technology and day by day increasing malicious activities of cyber criminals, it is necessary for every computer user to protect their PC from SONAR.RarSFX!PUA. You must own a best removal tool which can provide safety and security to your windows machine. SONAR.RarSFX!PUA Free Scanner is one of the best tool which is capable to detect SONAR.RarSFX!PUA or any malware completely from compromised machine. However you need to purchase its licensed version to delete SONAR.RarSFX!PUA completely.
User Guide : Automatic SONAR.RarSFX!PUA Free Scanner
Step 1 Download the software and now install it on your computer. Click on “Scan Computer” to detect presence of SONAR.RarSFX!PUA and its harmful traces.
Step 2 Scan in progress can be viewed
Step 3 Use System Guard feature to block entry of SONAR.RarSFX!PUA and its infectious files.
Step 4 HelpDesk is an additional feature which is can sort out all your troubles usually you face when PC is infected with SONAR.RarSFX!PUA
Step 5 SONAR.RarSFX!PUA Free Scanner has Network Sentry feature which helps to block modification done through Internet connectivity on your computer system.
Step 6 Enable Scan Scheduler feature on your computer to perform scanning at pre set time like daily, weekly or monthly.