What is SONAR.ProcHijack!g21 ?
SONAR.ProcHijack!g21 is yet another precarious Trojan infection including capability of contaminating various Windows operating system such as Windows XP/Vista/7/8/10. It commonly get propagated among user's PC through freeware, shareware and spam email attachments. Experts have notified cyber crooks utilizing this treacherous infection in sniffing user's private data and carrying out several other malicious practices. This threat upon the completion of the perforation procedure, add it's files and registry files to the system. Infection moreover in order to run itself along with every Windows start-up, brings modification in the system's settings and registry keys. These sort of alterations usually conducts a series of various severe computer issues.
- Discovered : September 28, 2017
- Updated : September 28, 2017
- Category : Trojan, Virus
- Infection Length : Varies
- Systems Compromised : Windows
The reason of the SONAR.ProcHijack!g21 malware infection varies from user's online behaviors. Paying visit to porn sites, mistakenly or accidentally tapping unfamiliar links or downloading and installing freeware programs generally results in the penetration of this menacing threat inside system. Once get inside, the aforementioned Trojan infection brings several other hazardous issues in the system. Thus, to prevent the occurrence of all such unpleasant traits from being occurred in the system, removal of SONAR.ProcHijack!g21 has been referred the only effective measure.
Nasty Traits of SONAR.ProcHijack!g21
- SONAR.ProcHijack!g21 degrades the Internet connection and PC's performance on huge extent.
- Modifies windows registry, system settings as well as browser settings.
- Exposes the system security and sniff the user's private as well as confidential data.
- Terminates various executable processes or applications on the system.
How SONAR.ProcHijack!g21 Penetrates Inside System ?
- SONAR.ProcHijack!g21 usually get downloaded along with several unreliable drivers/files from an untrustworthy websites.
- Get promoted through third-party applications such as File-sharing programs, download manager, tools and multimedia software.
- Enters from various hacked social networking sites such as Facebook, Yahoo, Twitter and other similar sites.
Easy Instructions on SONAR.ProcHijack!g21 Removal From PC
For the purpose of permanently removing SONAR.ProcHijack!g21 from the PC, manual solution is quite effective in a case if users do have required amount of proficient skills, but in a case if not then in that situation users are recommended to go for an efficient antimalware program.
A. SONAR.ProcHijack!g21 Manual Removal
How to Change the System Folder Settings to view hidden files
On Windows 7 | Vista
Windows Logo button is to be selected and then you need to Open Windows Explorer.
Click on Organize selecting Folder and Search Options.
Now Click on View Tab and select Show hidden files and folders Option to view SONAR.ProcHijack!g21 related files.
Click on OK to Apply
On Windows 8
Select on Windows + E keys in combination on the keyboard.
Click on View Tab option
File name Extensions along with hidden items is to be checked
Step 2: Delete SONAR.ProcHijack!g21 Related Files in Hidden Folders as given
- %Temp%\[adware name]
- %AppData%\[adware name]
- %LocalAppData%\[adware name]
- %LocalAppData%\[adware name].exe
- %CommonAppData%\[adware name]
Step 3 : Remove SONAR.ProcHijack!g21 Related Registry Files on Windows
First, Open Registry Editor
On Windows 7| Vista
Click on Start Button
Select on Run Button
Finally Click on OK button
On Windows 8 Computer
Click on Win [Window Key] + R in Combination on Keyboard
Type regedit.exe in dialog box and press OK.
Confirm OK to open the registry editor.
Look for SONAR.ProcHijack!g21 related files and entries created in Win Registry.
Note: This step is only suitable for users having Technical Skills, if you delete any other entries other than SONAR.ProcHijack!g21, it will permanently damage your PC.
B. SONAR.ProcHijack!g21 Removal from Windows OS
How to Uninstall SONAR.ProcHijack!g21 related program on PC
on Windows 10
1. On Win 10 Screen, Click on Start Menu and Select All apps.
this will show entire list of apps installed on Win 10, Find SONAR.ProcHijack!g21 or any other suspicious program from the list. Right Click on the Selected item to uninstall it.
On Win 7 | Vista
- Select and Click on the Start Button and Click on Control Panel using Start Menu.
2. You need to Select Uninstall Program under the Program Category in Control Panel.
3. Using the Window, Program and Features option, select Installed on to view all the recently installed programs, Now uninstall SONAR.ProcHijack!g21 or any other suspicious programs.
From window 8 PC
1. Press Windows key + I simultaneously , then open Setting Bar, click Control Panel to open it
2. Under Programs category, select Uninstall a program
3. Search SONAR.ProcHijack!g21 program in Program and Features window, then click on Uninstall
Step 2:- Uninstall SONAR.ProcHijack!g21 toolbar, add-on, plug-in and extension from browser IE/Microsoft Edge/Firefox/Google Chrome
From Chrome Browser
1. On Chrome browser, select menu
2. Select Advanced Settings option
3. Click on Extension
4. To remove SONAR.ProcHijack!g21 extension, click on Trash icon
5. Select the Remove option in dialog box
From Microsoft Edge Browser
( Microsoft Edge does not support extension, now you have to just reset the search engine and homepage of Edge browser)
1. Set homepage on Edge browser to remove SONAR.ProcHijack!g21
On address bar click More(..), and then select Settings option
3. View Advanced Settings for specific page, to set homepage to Open with option
4. To set your own homepage click on Custom, the then type URL of your own homepage
2. To remove SONAR.ProcHijack!g21 set default Search Engine
- On address bar click More(..), and then select Settings option
- select the View advanced settings option
- Select “Search in the address bar with”, then enter the search engine by clicking on <Add new> option, then click on Add as default
- Custom option is to be selected, enter the URL of the homepage to be set as
From IE Browser
1. To open Manage add-ons on your IE browser, click on Tools button
2. Select Toolbars and Extensions, them make a selection of SONAR.ProcHijack!g21 to remove it
3. Now click on Reset button to remove SONAR.ProcHijack!g21 add-ons
From Firefox browser
1. To open Add-on Manager tab, select Menu button, and then click on Add-ons
2. Click Extensions
3. Select Remove or Disable button
How to Remove SONAR.ProcHijack!g21 Automatically
Well, in the fast growing technology and day by day increasing malicious activities of cyber criminals, it is necessary for every computer user to protect their PC from SONAR.ProcHijack!g21. You must own a best removal tool which can provide safety and security to your windows machine. SONAR.ProcHijack!g21 Free Scanner is one of the best tool which is capable to detect SONAR.ProcHijack!g21 or any malware completely from compromised machine. However you need to purchase its licensed version to delete SONAR.ProcHijack!g21 completely.
User Guide : Automatic SONAR.ProcHijack!g21 Free Scanner
Step 1 Download the software and now install it on your computer. Click on “Scan Computer” to detect presence of SONAR.ProcHijack!g21 and its harmful traces.
Step 2 Scan in progress can be viewed
Step 3 Use System Guard feature to block entry of SONAR.ProcHijack!g21 and its infectious files.
Step 4 HelpDesk is an additional feature which is can sort out all your troubles usually you face when PC is infected with SONAR.ProcHijack!g21
Step 5 SONAR.ProcHijack!g21 Free Scanner has Network Sentry feature which helps to block modification done through Internet connectivity on your computer system.
Step 6 Enable Scan Scheduler feature on your computer to perform scanning at pre set time like daily, weekly or monthly.