Smartmediatabsearch.com – Important Information
Smartmediatabsearch.com was published to the Internet on 22 February and in so mean time, freelancer security experts have classified it as a fake search engine page which is triggered by a browser hijacker application. This fake search engine is being operated from Scottsdale, Arizona. Cyberpunks have established its control room near Hayden Road in Scottsdale. However, unlike Google, Yahoo, Bing, its owners have hidden their personal identifying information. Apart from this, Smartmediatabsearch.com collects your various types of credentials in the name of improving your online search experience. But how you can trust it? When you know nothing about this fake search engine. Probably, its server operators are cyberpunks who are interested in making online money by deceive Internet users.
Once Smartmediatabsearch.com browser hijacker is inside your computer, it commits changes on compatible browsers like Chrome, Firefox, Safari, Internet Explorer, Opera. Afterwards, you notice that browser hijacker has replaced current homepage and default search engine tool without your awareness. And when you try to reset your browser or change search engine, you fail. Since, this browser hijacker embeds DLL code into running processes of affected web browsers.
Unless you eliminate Smartmediatabsearch.com and associated files, you won't be able to either reset your browser or make any changes. Only the user must be held responsible for the existence of Smartmediatabsearch.com hijacker on their computers. Browser hijacker usually come as part of freeware that they may have downloaded from unsafe websites. It doesn't matter how tempting it is to download free software/games, you should always keep in mind that most of them are bundled with browser hijacker and unsafe search engine like Smartmediatabsearch.com that should not be on your computer.
Therefore, we recommend you to stop yourself from installing freeware in a hurry or skipping installation steps without reading carefully. If you don't do so, repeatedly you computer will become target of Smartmediatabsearch.com and other similar browser hijackers. Sometimes, when surf internet, your browser gets redirected to spamming websites where you see fake security alerts and recommendation to install fake security software or system optimizer sites as well. You should never install any of them. Such programs do nothing good but creates a whole lot of vulnerabilities on your computer.
Browser hijacker also poses direct threat to your privacy, thus, you should get rid of Smartmediatabsearch.com from your Windows ASAP.
A. Smartmediatabsearch.com Manual Removal
How to Change the System Folder Settings to view hidden files
On Windows 7 | Vista
Windows Logo button is to be selected and then you need to Open Windows Explorer.
Click on Organize selecting Folder and Search Options.
Now Click on View Tab and select Show hidden files and folders Option to view Smartmediatabsearch.com related files.
Click on OK to Apply
On Windows 8
Select on Windows + E keys in combination on the keyboard.
Click on View Tab option
File name Extensions along with hidden items is to be checked
Step 2: Delete Smartmediatabsearch.com Related Files in Hidden Folders as given
- %Temp%\[adware name]
- %AppData%\[adware name]
- %LocalAppData%\[adware name]
- %LocalAppData%\[adware name].exe
- %CommonAppData%\[adware name]
Step 3 : Remove Smartmediatabsearch.com Related Registry Files on Windows
First, Open Registry Editor
On Windows 7| Vista
Click on Start Button
Select on Run Button
Finally Click on OK button
On Windows 8 Computer
Click on Win [Window Key] + R in Combination on Keyboard
Type regedit.exe in dialog box and press OK.
Confirm OK to open the registry editor.
Look for Smartmediatabsearch.com related files and entries created in Win Registry.
Note: This step is only suitable for users having Technical Skills, if you delete any other entries other than Smartmediatabsearch.com, it will permanently damage your PC.
B. Smartmediatabsearch.com Removal from Windows OS
How to Uninstall Smartmediatabsearch.com related program on PC
on Windows 10
1. On Win 10 Screen, Click on Start Menu and Select All apps.
this will show entire list of apps installed on Win 10, Find Smartmediatabsearch.com or any other suspicious program from the list. Right Click on the Selected item to uninstall it.
On Win 7 | Vista
- Select and Click on the Start Button and Click on Control Panel using Start Menu.
2. You need to Select Uninstall Program under the Program Category in Control Panel.
3. Using the Window, Program and Features option, select Installed on to view all the recently installed programs, Now uninstall Smartmediatabsearch.com or any other suspicious programs.
From window 8 PC
1. Press Windows key + I simultaneously , then open Setting Bar, click Control Panel to open it
2. Under Programs category, select Uninstall a program
3. Search Smartmediatabsearch.com program in Program and Features window, then click on Uninstall
Step 2:- Uninstall Smartmediatabsearch.com toolbar, add-on, plug-in and extension from browser IE/Microsoft Edge/Firefox/Google Chrome
From Chrome Browser
1. On Chrome browser, select menu
2. Select Advanced Settings option
3. Click on Extension
4. To remove Smartmediatabsearch.com extension, click on Trash icon
5. Select the Remove option in dialog box
From Microsoft Edge Browser
( Microsoft Edge does not support extension, now you have to just reset the search engine and homepage of Edge browser)
1. Set homepage on Edge browser to remove Smartmediatabsearch.com
On address bar click More(..), and then select Settings option
3. View Advanced Settings for specific page, to set homepage to Open with option
4. To set your own homepage click on Custom, the then type URL of your own homepage
2. To remove Smartmediatabsearch.com set default Search Engine
- On address bar click More(..), and then select Settings option
- select the View advanced settings option
- Select “Search in the address bar with”, then enter the search engine by clicking on <Add new> option, then click on Add as default
- Custom option is to be selected, enter the URL of the homepage to be set as
From IE Browser
1. To open Manage add-ons on your IE browser, click on Tools button
2. Select Toolbars and Extensions, them make a selection of Smartmediatabsearch.com to remove it
3. Now click on Reset button to remove Smartmediatabsearch.com add-ons
From Firefox browser
1. To open Add-on Manager tab, select Menu button, and then click on Add-ons
2. Click Extensions
3. Select Remove or Disable button
How to Remove Smartmediatabsearch.com Automatically
Well, in the fast growing technology and day by day increasing malicious activities of cyber criminals, it is necessary for every computer user to protect their PC from Smartmediatabsearch.com. You must own a best removal tool which can provide safety and security to your windows machine. Smartmediatabsearch.com Free Scanner is one of the best tool which is capable to detect Smartmediatabsearch.com or any malware completely from compromised machine. However you need to purchase its licensed version to delete Smartmediatabsearch.com completely.
User Guide : Automatic Smartmediatabsearch.com Free Scanner
Step 1 Download the software and now install it on your computer. Click on “Scan Computer” to detect presence of Smartmediatabsearch.com and its harmful traces.
Step 2 Scan in progress can be viewed
Step 3 Use System Guard feature to block entry of Smartmediatabsearch.com and its infectious files.
Step 4 HelpDesk is an additional feature which is can sort out all your troubles usually you face when PC is infected with Smartmediatabsearch.com
Step 5 Smartmediatabsearch.com Free Scanner has Network Sentry feature which helps to block modification done through Internet connectivity on your computer system.
Step 6 Enable Scan Scheduler feature on your computer to perform scanning at pre set time like daily, weekly or monthly.