Complete Description on SmartEasyMaps Toolbar
SmartEasyMaps Toolbar is another shady navigation program offered by a technology company named Mindspark Interactive Inc. The software may not be a nasty virus itself, but due to its annoying activity on the system, it can easily be regarded as potentially unwanted program. While security experts also deem the application as an adware, and the system users don't hesitate to call it a threat and are actively looking for its complete removal suggestions. The malware analysts at RPVT made a little research to find out what is the main reason users question the software's trustworthiness. The main issue is that SmartEasyMaps Toolbar appears on the computer without asking user's permission to install.
Shady Ways of SmartEasyMaps Toolbar Distribution
It mainly travels bundled inside the program packages and generally accompanies popular cost-free and shareware apps, such as PDF converters, download managers, media streaming or editing programs, etc. After its stealth installation, the threat will immediately infect the installed web browser and pin its toolbar onto the top of the browser window. Although, SmartEasyMaps Toolbar will offer some quick links to local events, traffic maps, local dining and plenty of other links. Besides, Smart Easy Map Search has the word 'search' in title not accidentally. The program indeed provides web search engine service and includes the search box on the toolbar as well. However, this is not what concerns system users the most.
Controversial Characteristics of SmartEasyMaps Toolbar
Computer users cannot help but notice the unauthorized change of the default search tool and homepage. SmartEasyMaps Toolbar automatically switches the default search engine to hp.myway.com and configures the Internet browser to open it in new tab and browser window. This behavior is similar to what hijackers manifest on infected system. The search tool this domain provides is highly suspicious because it is more oriented in displaying sponsored content rather than the original one. In this way, the developer company monetizes its products, but you don't have to take part in this questionable business. So, you need to remove SmartEasyMaps Toolbar immediately from your PC.
A. SmartEasyMaps Toolbar Manual Removal
How to Change the System Folder Settings to view hidden files
On Windows 7 | Vista
Windows Logo button is to be selected and then you need to Open Windows Explorer.
Click on Organize selecting Folder and Search Options.
Now Click on View Tab and select Show hidden files and folders Option to view SmartEasyMaps Toolbar related files.
Click on OK to Apply
On Windows 8
Select on Windows + E keys in combination on the keyboard.
Click on View Tab option
File name Extensions along with hidden items is to be checked
Step 2: Delete SmartEasyMaps Toolbar Related Files in Hidden Folders as given
- %Temp%\[adware name]
- %AppData%\[adware name]
- %LocalAppData%\[adware name]
- %LocalAppData%\[adware name].exe
- %CommonAppData%\[adware name]
Step 3 : Remove SmartEasyMaps Toolbar Related Registry Files on Windows
First, Open Registry Editor
On Windows 7| Vista
Click on Start Button
Select on Run Button
Finally Click on OK button
On Windows 8 Computer
Click on Win [Window Key] + R in Combination on Keyboard
Type regedit.exe in dialog box and press OK.
Confirm OK to open the registry editor.
Look for SmartEasyMaps Toolbar related files and entries created in Win Registry.
Note: This step is only suitable for users having Technical Skills, if you delete any other entries other than SmartEasyMaps Toolbar, it will permanently damage your PC.
B. SmartEasyMaps Toolbar Removal from Windows OS
How to Uninstall SmartEasyMaps Toolbar related program on PC
on Windows 10
1. On Win 10 Screen, Click on Start Menu and Select All apps.
this will show entire list of apps installed on Win 10, Find SmartEasyMaps Toolbar or any other suspicious program from the list. Right Click on the Selected item to uninstall it.
On Win 7 | Vista
- Select and Click on the Start Button and Click on Control Panel using Start Menu.
2. You need to Select Uninstall Program under the Program Category in Control Panel.
3. Using the Window, Program and Features option, select Installed on to view all the recently installed programs, Now uninstall SmartEasyMaps Toolbar or any other suspicious programs.
From window 8 PC
1. Press Windows key + I simultaneously , then open Setting Bar, click Control Panel to open it
2. Under Programs category, select Uninstall a program
3. Search SmartEasyMaps Toolbar program in Program and Features window, then click on Uninstall
Step 2:- Uninstall SmartEasyMaps Toolbar toolbar, add-on, plug-in and extension from browser IE/Microsoft Edge/Firefox/Google Chrome
From Chrome Browser
1. On Chrome browser, select menu
2. Select Advanced Settings option
3. Click on Extension
4. To remove SmartEasyMaps Toolbar extension, click on Trash icon
5. Select the Remove option in dialog box
From Microsoft Edge Browser
( Microsoft Edge does not support extension, now you have to just reset the search engine and homepage of Edge browser)
1. Set homepage on Edge browser to remove SmartEasyMaps Toolbar
On address bar click More(..), and then select Settings option
3. View Advanced Settings for specific page, to set homepage to Open with option
4. To set your own homepage click on Custom, the then type URL of your own homepage
2. To remove SmartEasyMaps Toolbar set default Search Engine
- On address bar click More(..), and then select Settings option
- select the View advanced settings option
- Select “Search in the address bar with”, then enter the search engine by clicking on <Add new> option, then click on Add as default
- Custom option is to be selected, enter the URL of the homepage to be set as
From IE Browser
1. To open Manage add-ons on your IE browser, click on Tools button
2. Select Toolbars and Extensions, them make a selection of SmartEasyMaps Toolbar to remove it
3. Now click on Reset button to remove SmartEasyMaps Toolbar add-ons
From Firefox browser
1. To open Add-on Manager tab, select Menu button, and then click on Add-ons
2. Click Extensions
3. Select Remove or Disable button
Remove SmartEasyMaps Toolbar Successfully
|French||Meilleure Façon De Désinstaller SmartEasyMaps Toolbar de Internet Explorer|
|German||Löschen SmartEasyMaps Toolbar von Safari|
|Polish||Usunąć SmartEasyMaps Toolbar z Internet Explorer : Pozbyć się SmartEasyMaps Toolbar|
|Portuguese||Livrar-se de SmartEasyMaps Toolbar de Opera|
|Italian||Elimina SmartEasyMaps Toolbar da Internet Explorer|
|Spanish||Deshacerse De SmartEasyMaps Toolbar de Firefox : Deshacerse de SmartEasyMaps Toolbar|
|Japanese||アンインストール SmartEasyMaps Toolbar 手動で|
|Dutch||SmartEasyMaps Toolbar Verwijdering: Complete Guide To Verwijderen SmartEasyMaps Toolbar In Slechts Enkele Stappen|
|Danish||tips til Slet SmartEasyMaps Toolbar fra Firefox|
How to Remove SmartEasyMaps Toolbar Automatically
Well, in the fast growing technology and day by day increasing malicious activities of cyber criminals, it is necessary for every computer user to protect their PC from SmartEasyMaps Toolbar. You must own a best removal tool which can provide safety and security to your windows machine. SmartEasyMaps Toolbar Free Scanner is one of the best tool which is capable to detect SmartEasyMaps Toolbar or any malware completely from compromised machine. However you need to purchase its licensed version to delete SmartEasyMaps Toolbar completely.
User Guide : Automatic SmartEasyMaps Toolbar Free Scanner
Step 1 Download the software and now install it on your computer. Click on “Scan Computer” to detect presence of SmartEasyMaps Toolbar and its harmful traces.
Step 2 Scan in progress can be viewed
Step 3 Use System Guard feature to block entry of SmartEasyMaps Toolbar and its infectious files.
Step 4 HelpDesk is an additional feature which is can sort out all your troubles usually you face when PC is infected with SmartEasyMaps Toolbar
Step 5 SmartEasyMaps Toolbar Free Scanner has Network Sentry feature which helps to block modification done through Internet connectivity on your computer system.
Step 6 Enable Scan Scheduler feature on your computer to perform scanning at pre set time like daily, weekly or monthly.