PlayJunkie Search : Initial Research report
PlayJunkie Search is an annoying PC threat which is considered as Potentially Unwanted Program also known as PUP. In the first view it may looks like a useful and handy for your PC but in reality it is a deceptive program which installed on your system without your knowledge. It is a vicious extension program which added within your working web browsers such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Opera, Internet Explorer and Edge to make changes into your default set home page and search engine pages by modify their existing browsers settings.
After getting into your system whenever you go online to visit a popular website or to search online query then your search engine gives you inappropriate result or may redirect you on irrelevant pages that may drop more malware into system to damage more. PlayJunkie Search claims to improve your online activity and system performance but there is nothing done by it. Instead of all these it makes your surfing more sophisticated by generating too many advertisements or pop-ups into browsers. It can steal all your confidential or private credentials to make your privacy in danger. Your browsers performance is significantly gets reduced.
Know specific info about PlayJunkie Search
- Name – PlayJunkie Search
- Type – PUP
- Risk – Medium
- Discovered – 24 July 2017
- Updated on – 24 July 2017
- Symptoms – Slow PC performance, unwanted redirections and display of ads etc.
- Distribution – Spam emails, suspicious free downloads etc.
- Affected PC – Windows
How does PlayJunkie Search manage to attack on your system?
Similar to the most of the PUPs this PlayJunkie Search also follows a common infection distribution method. It uses spam emails that carry attachments and drop withing the infection files that when the users open it then it silently get activated in their PC without their consent and rapidly spread on the entire PC. Malware developers widely used a very classic method of infection distribution via bundles of freeware or shareware using deceptive marketing technique to get into the users PC.
As you read above it is not classified as a virus but it does not mean that you can take it lightly. It can damage your system so you should not delay to remove PlayJunkie Search from your infected PC. You can do it automatically by using a credible anti-malware and if you want to do the manual removal then follow our below given manual removal instructions for best results.
A. PlayJunkie Search Manual Removal
How to Change the System Folder Settings to view hidden files
On Windows 7 | Vista
Windows Logo button is to be selected and then you need to Open Windows Explorer.
Click on Organize selecting Folder and Search Options.
Now Click on View Tab and select Show hidden files and folders Option to view PlayJunkie Search related files.
Click on OK to Apply
On Windows 8
Select on Windows + E keys in combination on the keyboard.
Click on View Tab option
File name Extensions along with hidden items is to be checked
Step 2: Delete PlayJunkie Search Related Files in Hidden Folders as given
- %Temp%\[adware name]
- %AppData%\[adware name]
- %LocalAppData%\[adware name]
- %LocalAppData%\[adware name].exe
- %CommonAppData%\[adware name]
Step 3 : Remove PlayJunkie Search Related Registry Files on Windows
First, Open Registry Editor
On Windows 7| Vista
Click on Start Button
Select on Run Button
Finally Click on OK button
On Windows 8 Computer
Click on Win [Window Key] + R in Combination on Keyboard
Type regedit.exe in dialog box and press OK.
Confirm OK to open the registry editor.
Look for PlayJunkie Search related files and entries created in Win Registry.
Note: This step is only suitable for users having Technical Skills, if you delete any other entries other than PlayJunkie Search, it will permanently damage your PC.
B. PlayJunkie Search Removal from Windows OS
How to Uninstall PlayJunkie Search related program on PC
on Windows 10
1. On Win 10 Screen, Click on Start Menu and Select All apps.
this will show entire list of apps installed on Win 10, Find PlayJunkie Search or any other suspicious program from the list. Right Click on the Selected item to uninstall it.
On Win 7 | Vista
- Select and Click on the Start Button and Click on Control Panel using Start Menu.
2. You need to Select Uninstall Program under the Program Category in Control Panel.
3. Using the Window, Program and Features option, select Installed on to view all the recently installed programs, Now uninstall PlayJunkie Search or any other suspicious programs.
From window 8 PC
1. Press Windows key + I simultaneously , then open Setting Bar, click Control Panel to open it
2. Under Programs category, select Uninstall a program
3. Search PlayJunkie Search program in Program and Features window, then click on Uninstall
Step 2:- Uninstall PlayJunkie Search toolbar, add-on, plug-in and extension from browser IE/Microsoft Edge/Firefox/Google Chrome
From Chrome Browser
1. On Chrome browser, select menu
2. Select Advanced Settings option
3. Click on Extension
4. To remove PlayJunkie Search extension, click on Trash icon
5. Select the Remove option in dialog box
From Microsoft Edge Browser
( Microsoft Edge does not support extension, now you have to just reset the search engine and homepage of Edge browser)
1. Set homepage on Edge browser to remove PlayJunkie Search
On address bar click More(..), and then select Settings option
3. View Advanced Settings for specific page, to set homepage to Open with option
4. To set your own homepage click on Custom, the then type URL of your own homepage
2. To remove PlayJunkie Search set default Search Engine
- On address bar click More(..), and then select Settings option
- select the View advanced settings option
- Select “Search in the address bar with”, then enter the search engine by clicking on <Add new> option, then click on Add as default
- Custom option is to be selected, enter the URL of the homepage to be set as
From IE Browser
1. To open Manage add-ons on your IE browser, click on Tools button
2. Select Toolbars and Extensions, them make a selection of PlayJunkie Search to remove it
3. Now click on Reset button to remove PlayJunkie Search add-ons
From Firefox browser
1. To open Add-on Manager tab, select Menu button, and then click on Add-ons
2. Click Extensions
3. Select Remove or Disable button
Remove PlayJunkie Search Manually
|French||Retirer PlayJunkie Search Avec succès|
|German||Entfernen PlayJunkie Search von Firefox : Löschen PlayJunkie Search|
|Polish||Pozbyć się PlayJunkie Search z Safari|
|Portuguese||Como Remover PlayJunkie Search de Safari|
|Italian||PlayJunkie Search Disinstallazione: Istruzioni rapide per Elimina PlayJunkie Search Completamente|
|Spanish||Deshacerse De PlayJunkie Search de Internet Explorer|
|Japanese||削除する PlayJunkie Search から Internet Explorer : 降ろす PlayJunkie Search|
|Dutch||Oplossing voor Verwijderen PlayJunkie Search|
|Danish||Hurtige trin til Slet PlayJunkie Search fra Chrome|
How to Remove PlayJunkie Search Automatically
Well, in the fast growing technology and day by day increasing malicious activities of cyber criminals, it is necessary for every computer user to protect their PC from PlayJunkie Search. You must own a best removal tool which can provide safety and security to your windows machine. PlayJunkie Search Free Scanner is one of the best tool which is capable to detect PlayJunkie Search or any malware completely from compromised machine. However you need to purchase its licensed version to delete PlayJunkie Search completely.
User Guide : Automatic PlayJunkie Search Free Scanner
Step 1 Download the software and now install it on your computer. Click on “Scan Computer” to detect presence of PlayJunkie Search and its harmful traces.
Step 2 Scan in progress can be viewed
Step 3 Use System Guard feature to block entry of PlayJunkie Search and its infectious files.
Step 4 HelpDesk is an additional feature which is can sort out all your troubles usually you face when PC is infected with PlayJunkie Search
Step 5 PlayJunkie Search Free Scanner has Network Sentry feature which helps to block modification done through Internet connectivity on your computer system.
Step 6 Enable Scan Scheduler feature on your computer to perform scanning at pre set time like daily, weekly or monthly.