Technical Detail About Search-Metacrawler.com
Malicious sites, freeware software, outdated anti-virus program.
Redirected to malicious sites.
All types of browsers.
More Knowledge About Search-Metacrawler.com
Search-Metacrawler.com AKA Metacrawler Search is a browser hijacker. It looks like to Bing, Google, Yahoo and other well-known search engines. It appear as a legitimate project, but in fact the company behind it employs some dubious methods in order to promote their websites. Recently, lots of PC users complaints that they were being redirected to these websites. These sites may contain advertisements brainwashing you into buying things or even contain other malicious software. It also prevents you from changing your browser homepage and default search engine. The latest complaints indicate that computer users are being redirected to fantastigames.metacrawler.com, which is sub-domains of this browser hijacker. Furthermore, computer users should express great caution whilst using the search services provided by MetaCrawler and Infospace. Search-Metacrawler.com has rootkit capabilities to hook deep into the operating system, browser hijacking, and in general just interfering with the user experience.
Search-Metacrawler.com : Delivery
Search-Metacrawler.com comes bundled with other freeware application or software. During the installation process of any freeware application, if you find any suspicious information about third-party utilities, then never install any application. Other distribution method-
- Updating existing programs or applications from redirected links.
- When you visiting or clicking any malicious links
- Peer-to-Peer Sharing of files,
- Using outdated and infected media devices.
- Opening spam e-mail attachments which is send by unverified person or source.
Search-Metacrawler.com Is Dangerous
- You will get many advertisement windows when you are using the Internet.
- Your computer performs slower and slower.
- Always redirected to some malicious websites.
- The harmful redirect also causes poor Internet connection and system crash frequently.
- It has ability to spy your all online activities and steal your all confidential data to perform malicious activities.
- Your landing page and default search engine both are replaced by them.
Thus, it is very important to eliminate Search-Metacrawler.com from the infected PC as quickly as possible.
A. Search-Metacrawler.com Manual Removal
How to Change the System Folder Settings to view hidden files
On Windows 7 | Vista
Windows Logo button is to be selected and then you need to Open Windows Explorer.
Click on Organize selecting Folder and Search Options.
Now Click on View Tab and select Show hidden files and folders Option to view Search-Metacrawler.com related files.
Click on OK to Apply
On Windows 8
Select on Windows + E keys in combination on the keyboard.
Click on View Tab option
File name Extensions along with hidden items is to be checked
Step 2: Delete Search-Metacrawler.com Related Files in Hidden Folders as given
- %Temp%\[adware name]
- %AppData%\[adware name]
- %LocalAppData%\[adware name]
- %LocalAppData%\[adware name].exe
- %CommonAppData%\[adware name]
Step 3 : Remove Search-Metacrawler.com Related Registry Files on Windows
First, Open Registry Editor
On Windows 7| Vista
Click on Start Button
Select on Run Button
Finally Click on OK button
On Windows 8 Computer
Click on Win [Window Key] + R in Combination on Keyboard
Type regedit.exe in dialog box and press OK.
Confirm OK to open the registry editor.
Look for Search-Metacrawler.com related files and entries created in Win Registry.
Note: This step is only suitable for users having Technical Skills, if you delete any other entries other than Search-Metacrawler.com, it will permanently damage your PC.
B. Search-Metacrawler.com Removal from Windows OS
How to Uninstall Search-Metacrawler.com related program on PC
on Windows 10
1. On Win 10 Screen, Click on Start Menu and Select All apps.
this will show entire list of apps installed on Win 10, Find Search-Metacrawler.com or any other suspicious program from the list. Right Click on the Selected item to uninstall it.
On Win 7 | Vista
- Select and Click on the Start Button and Click on Control Panel using Start Menu.
2. You need to Select Uninstall Program under the Program Category in Control Panel.
3. Using the Window, Program and Features option, select Installed on to view all the recently installed programs, Now uninstall Search-Metacrawler.com or any other suspicious programs.
From window 8 PC
1. Press Windows key + I simultaneously , then open Setting Bar, click Control Panel to open it
2. Under Programs category, select Uninstall a program
3. Search Search-Metacrawler.com program in Program and Features window, then click on Uninstall
Step 2:- Uninstall Search-Metacrawler.com toolbar, add-on, plug-in and extension from browser IE/Microsoft Edge/Firefox/Google Chrome
From Chrome Browser
1. On Chrome browser, select menu
2. Select Advanced Settings option
3. Click on Extension
4. To remove Search-Metacrawler.com extension, click on Trash icon
5. Select the Remove option in dialog box
From Microsoft Edge Browser
( Microsoft Edge does not support extension, now you have to just reset the search engine and homepage of Edge browser)
1. Set homepage on Edge browser to remove Search-Metacrawler.com
On address bar click More(..), and then select Settings option
3. View Advanced Settings for specific page, to set homepage to Open with option
4. To set your own homepage click on Custom, the then type URL of your own homepage
2. To remove Search-Metacrawler.com set default Search Engine
- On address bar click More(..), and then select Settings option
- select the View advanced settings option
- Select “Search in the address bar with”, then enter the search engine by clicking on <Add new> option, then click on Add as default
- Custom option is to be selected, enter the URL of the homepage to be set as
From IE Browser
1. To open Manage add-ons on your IE browser, click on Tools button
2. Select Toolbars and Extensions, them make a selection of Search-Metacrawler.com to remove it
3. Now click on Reset button to remove Search-Metacrawler.com add-ons
From Firefox browser
1. To open Add-on Manager tab, select Menu button, and then click on Add-ons
2. Click Extensions
3. Select Remove or Disable button
How to Remove Search-Metacrawler.com Automatically
Well, in the fast growing technology and day by day increasing malicious activities of cyber criminals, it is necessary for every computer user to protect their PC from Search-Metacrawler.com. You must own a best removal tool which can provide safety and security to your windows machine. Search-Metacrawler.com Free Scanner is one of the best tool which is capable to detect Search-Metacrawler.com or any malware completely from compromised machine. However you need to purchase its licensed version to delete Search-Metacrawler.com completely.
User Guide : Automatic Search-Metacrawler.com Free Scanner
Step 1 Download the software and now install it on your computer. Click on “Scan Computer” to detect presence of Search-Metacrawler.com and its harmful traces.
Step 2 Scan in progress can be viewed
Step 3 Use System Guard feature to block entry of Search-Metacrawler.com and its infectious files.
Step 4 HelpDesk is an additional feature which is can sort out all your troubles usually you face when PC is infected with Search-Metacrawler.com
Step 5 Search-Metacrawler.com Free Scanner has Network Sentry feature which helps to block modification done through Internet connectivity on your computer system.
Step 6 Enable Scan Scheduler feature on your computer to perform scanning at pre set time like daily, weekly or monthly.