Can I Use Search.Babylon.com For My Online Searches?
Search.Babylon.com is a search engine domain, which is mostly promoted and set as a default search engine and start page without user's knowledge. That is because it uses few unfair marketing strategies and relies on bundling method. This distribution technique can not be imagined without freeware applications, where this hijacker infection is presented as a “recommended” or “optional” component. Beware that right after installing browser add-on related to this threat, you may allow the browser hijacker virus to modify some crucial part of your browser and system's settings. In most of the cases, Search.Babylon.com takes over the start page and default search provider on each of your installed web browsers, including Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer, Safari, Opera, MS Edge and Chrome.
Then after, the threat seeks to reroute its victimized computer users to its affiliate or somehow related web portals. Typically, the hijacker does that by displaying modified search results for its victims and interrupting them with irritating commercial pop-up advertisements. Thus, when having Search.Babylon.com virus onto the computer, you can notice that your pre-set search engine and the homepage was changed without seeking for your approval. In addition to that, you can receive bogus search results when using this domain for online search queries that may trick you into visiting suspicious Internet sites. Here, in this article, the security experts from RPVT warn you that from the first sight this web page looks like as a legit and normal search engine site, which contains the search box and other components that are extremely needed for such sites.
How Does Search.Babylon.com Hijacker work?
According to the research report published by the security analysts, the RPVT investigators do not recommend you to use this website as your default homepage and search provider, because it is responsible for displaying altered search results. Besides, similarly to other browser hijacker threats, Search.Babylon.com nay track you online browsing activities. In most of the cases, the threat interested in user's mostly visited sites, data they usually enter while visiting them, their system's geographical location, IP address and so on. Therefore, if you have been suffering from this hijacker infection, you should scan your infected computer with a reliable and trustworthy anti-spyware tool in order to remove the threat completely from your machine and your infected web browsers as well.
How Can Search.Babylon.com Virus Hijack Your PC?
Typically, the threat may invade the targeted machine when the users' downloads and install any freeware applications from insecure web portals or unknown sources. In order to avoid this, one of the most important thing that you should remember is that Search.Babylon.com hijacker has been spread with the help of bundled programs. So, the RPVT researchers strongly recommend selecting only Advanced or Custom installation option and unmark all suspicious looking check marks. To sum up, we cannot claim that it is a malicious website, but it uses intrusive distribution technique and display altered search results.
A. Search.Babylon.com Manual Removal
How to Change the System Folder Settings to view hidden files
On Windows 7 | Vista
Windows Logo button is to be selected and then you need to Open Windows Explorer.
Click on Organize selecting Folder and Search Options.
Now Click on View Tab and select Show hidden files and folders Option to view Search.Babylon.com related files.
Click on OK to Apply
On Windows 8
Select on Windows + E keys in combination on the keyboard.
Click on View Tab option
File name Extensions along with hidden items is to be checked
Step 2: Delete Search.Babylon.com Related Files in Hidden Folders as given
- %Temp%\[adware name]
- %AppData%\[adware name]
- %LocalAppData%\[adware name]
- %LocalAppData%\[adware name].exe
- %CommonAppData%\[adware name]
Step 3 : Remove Search.Babylon.com Related Registry Files on Windows
First, Open Registry Editor
On Windows 7| Vista
Click on Start Button
Select on Run Button
Finally Click on OK button
On Windows 8 Computer
Click on Win [Window Key] + R in Combination on Keyboard
Type regedit.exe in dialog box and press OK.
Confirm OK to open the registry editor.
Look for Search.Babylon.com related files and entries created in Win Registry.
Note: This step is only suitable for users having Technical Skills, if you delete any other entries other than Search.Babylon.com, it will permanently damage your PC.
B. Search.Babylon.com Removal from Windows OS
How to Uninstall Search.Babylon.com related program on PC
on Windows 10
1. On Win 10 Screen, Click on Start Menu and Select All apps.
this will show entire list of apps installed on Win 10, Find Search.Babylon.com or any other suspicious program from the list. Right Click on the Selected item to uninstall it.
On Win 7 | Vista
- Select and Click on the Start Button and Click on Control Panel using Start Menu.
2. You need to Select Uninstall Program under the Program Category in Control Panel.
3. Using the Window, Program and Features option, select Installed on to view all the recently installed programs, Now uninstall Search.Babylon.com or any other suspicious programs.
From window 8 PC
1. Press Windows key + I simultaneously , then open Setting Bar, click Control Panel to open it
2. Under Programs category, select Uninstall a program
3. Search Search.Babylon.com program in Program and Features window, then click on Uninstall
Step 2:- Uninstall Search.Babylon.com toolbar, add-on, plug-in and extension from browser IE/Microsoft Edge/Firefox/Google Chrome
From Chrome Browser
1. On Chrome browser, select menu
2. Select Advanced Settings option
3. Click on Extension
4. To remove Search.Babylon.com extension, click on Trash icon
5. Select the Remove option in dialog box
From Microsoft Edge Browser
( Microsoft Edge does not support extension, now you have to just reset the search engine and homepage of Edge browser)
1. Set homepage on Edge browser to remove Search.Babylon.com
On address bar click More(..), and then select Settings option
3. View Advanced Settings for specific page, to set homepage to Open with option
4. To set your own homepage click on Custom, the then type URL of your own homepage
2. To remove Search.Babylon.com set default Search Engine
- On address bar click More(..), and then select Settings option
- select the View advanced settings option
- Select “Search in the address bar with”, then enter the search engine by clicking on <Add new> option, then click on Add as default
- Custom option is to be selected, enter the URL of the homepage to be set as
From IE Browser
1. To open Manage add-ons on your IE browser, click on Tools button
2. Select Toolbars and Extensions, them make a selection of Search.Babylon.com to remove it
3. Now click on Reset button to remove Search.Babylon.com add-ons
From Firefox browser
1. To open Add-on Manager tab, select Menu button, and then click on Add-ons
2. Click Extensions
3. Select Remove or Disable button
How to Remove Search.Babylon.com Automatically
Well, in the fast growing technology and day by day increasing malicious activities of cyber criminals, it is necessary for every computer user to protect their PC from Search.Babylon.com. You must own a best removal tool which can provide safety and security to your windows machine. Search.Babylon.com Free Scanner is one of the best tool which is capable to detect Search.Babylon.com or any malware completely from compromised machine. However you need to purchase its licensed version to delete Search.Babylon.com completely.
User Guide : Automatic Search.Babylon.com Free Scanner
Step 1 Download the software and now install it on your computer. Click on “Scan Computer” to detect presence of Search.Babylon.com and its harmful traces.
Step 2 Scan in progress can be viewed
Step 3 Use System Guard feature to block entry of Search.Babylon.com and its infectious files.
Step 4 HelpDesk is an additional feature which is can sort out all your troubles usually you face when PC is infected with Search.Babylon.com
Step 5 Search.Babylon.com Free Scanner has Network Sentry feature which helps to block modification done through Internet connectivity on your computer system.
Step 6 Enable Scan Scheduler feature on your computer to perform scanning at pre set time like daily, weekly or monthly.
Uninstall Search.Babylon.com from Internet Explorer
|French||Effacer Search.Babylon.com de Internet Explorer|
|German||Beseitigen abschütteln Search.Babylon.com von Chrome : Herunter nehmen Search.Babylon.com|
|Polish||Krok po kroku Usunąć Search.Babylon.com|
|Portuguese||Desinstalar Search.Babylon.com Completamente|
|Italian||Liberarsi di Search.Babylon.com da Internet Explorer|
|Spanish||Cómo Borrar Search.Babylon.com|
|Japanese||クイックステップ アンインストール Search.Babylon.com から Safari|
|Dutch||Gids naar Verwijder Search.Babylon.com van Safari|
|Danish||Afinstaller Search.Babylon.com fra Safari : udviske Search.Babylon.com|