Web Helper – Depth Analysis
Web Helper is an ad-supported platform which the malware researchers have reported obtaining silent infiltration inside the system under utorrentie.exe and webhelper.dll processes. Utorrent onto being utilized for the purpose of downloading files and programs, opens up and play advertisements onto the user's desktop. Now despite the fact that such activities are not malicious in nature, they are highly frustrating.
Web Helper conducts a series of malicious practices in the system onto being disseminated successfully in it. Researchers have reported this vicious program obtaining complete control over entire system and then altering it's preset Windows registry settings. This enables the aforementioned program to acquire automatic activation in the system with each Windows reboot. It moreover in order to reinstall itself every time together with uTorrent, installs numerous 'Helper Objects' in the system.
Web Helper tracks the user's web surfing practices and extracts information about his/her interests, mostly surfed websites, mostly tapped ads etc. It later then based on the gathered stuff, starts playing audio ads. These ads doubtlessly generates frustration on large extent and forbid the users from surfing web effortlessly. Ads moreover, diminishes the system's working speed badly by occupying large amount of it's available space. Vicious program additionally, often poses threat to the user's privacy via gathering their credential information and then transferring it to the online hackers for several marketing purposes. Hence, to emancipate the PC as well as personal information stored in it from all above mentioned type of notorious traits, it is very important for the users to remove Web Helper from it.
How Web Helper Obtains Installation Inside PC ?
- Web Helper generally comes bundled within several freeware applications and infiltrates inside PC at time when users download and install them.
- It often intrude itself through pirated softwares and corrupted hardwares.
- Clicking several questionable links and paying visit to several adult websites also leads to the dissemination of above mentioned suspicious program inside PC.
- It sometimes penetrates itself via online games, infected external storage devices and spam email campaigns.
A. Web Helper Manual Removal
How to Change the System Folder Settings to view hidden files
On Windows 7 | Vista
Windows Logo button is to be selected and then you need to Open Windows Explorer.
Click on Organize selecting Folder and Search Options.
Now Click on View Tab and select Show hidden files and folders Option to view Web Helper related files.
Click on OK to Apply
On Windows 8
Select on Windows + E keys in combination on the keyboard.
Click on View Tab option
File name Extensions along with hidden items is to be checked
Step 2: Delete Web Helper Related Files in Hidden Folders as given
- %Temp%\[adware name]
- %AppData%\[adware name]
- %LocalAppData%\[adware name]
- %LocalAppData%\[adware name].exe
- %CommonAppData%\[adware name]
Step 3 : Remove Web Helper Related Registry Files on Windows
First, Open Registry Editor
On Windows 7| Vista
Click on Start Button
Select on Run Button
Finally Click on OK button
On Windows 8 Computer
Click on Win [Window Key] + R in Combination on Keyboard
Type regedit.exe in dialog box and press OK.
Confirm OK to open the registry editor.
Look for Web Helper related files and entries created in Win Registry.
Note: This step is only suitable for users having Technical Skills, if you delete any other entries other than Web Helper, it will permanently damage your PC.
B. Web Helper Removal from Windows OS
How to Uninstall Web Helper related program on PC
on Windows 10
1. On Win 10 Screen, Click on Start Menu and Select All apps.
this will show entire list of apps installed on Win 10, Find Web Helper or any other suspicious program from the list. Right Click on the Selected item to uninstall it.
On Win 7 | Vista
- Select and Click on the Start Button and Click on Control Panel using Start Menu.
2. You need to Select Uninstall Program under the Program Category in Control Panel.
3. Using the Window, Program and Features option, select Installed on to view all the recently installed programs, Now uninstall Web Helper or any other suspicious programs.
From window 8 PC
1. Press Windows key + I simultaneously , then open Setting Bar, click Control Panel to open it
2. Under Programs category, select Uninstall a program
3. Search Web Helper program in Program and Features window, then click on Uninstall
Step 2:- Uninstall Web Helper toolbar, add-on, plug-in and extension from browser IE/Microsoft Edge/Firefox/Google Chrome
From Chrome Browser
1. On Chrome browser, select menu
2. Select Advanced Settings option
3. Click on Extension
4. To remove Web Helper extension, click on Trash icon
5. Select the Remove option in dialog box
From Microsoft Edge Browser
( Microsoft Edge does not support extension, now you have to just reset the search engine and homepage of Edge browser)
1. Set homepage on Edge browser to remove Web Helper
On address bar click More(..), and then select Settings option
3. View Advanced Settings for specific page, to set homepage to Open with option
4. To set your own homepage click on Custom, the then type URL of your own homepage
2. To remove Web Helper set default Search Engine
- On address bar click More(..), and then select Settings option
- select the View advanced settings option
- Select “Search in the address bar with”, then enter the search engine by clicking on <Add new> option, then click on Add as default
- Custom option is to be selected, enter the URL of the homepage to be set as
From IE Browser
1. To open Manage add-ons on your IE browser, click on Tools button
2. Select Toolbars and Extensions, them make a selection of Web Helper to remove it
3. Now click on Reset button to remove Web Helper add-ons
From Firefox browser
1. To open Add-on Manager tab, select Menu button, and then click on Add-ons
2. Click Extensions
3. Select Remove or Disable button
Effective Way To Delete Web Helper
|French||Se Débarrasser De Web Helper de Internet Explorer : Descendre Web Helper|
|German||Löschen Web Helper Sofort|
|Polish||Odinstaluj Web Helper z Opera|
|Portuguese||Passos simples para Remover Web Helper|
|Italian||Elimina Web Helper Facilmente|
|Spanish||Web Helper Supresión: Guía fácil para Deshacerse De Web Helper Instantáneamente|
|Japanese||簡単な手順 アンインストール Web Helper|
|Dutch||Van Afkomen Web Helper van Chrome : Uitvegen Web Helper|
|Danish||Sletning Web Helper I Enkle Trin|
How to Remove Web Helper Automatically
Well, in the fast growing technology and day by day increasing malicious activities of cyber criminals, it is necessary for every computer user to protect their PC from Web Helper. You must own a best removal tool which can provide safety and security to your windows machine. Web Helper Free Scanner is one of the best tool which is capable to detect Web Helper or any malware completely from compromised machine. However you need to purchase its licensed version to delete Web Helper completely.
User Guide : Automatic Web Helper Free Scanner
Step 1 Download the software and now install it on your computer. Click on “Scan Computer” to detect presence of Web Helper and its harmful traces.
Step 2 Scan in progress can be viewed
Step 3 Use System Guard feature to block entry of Web Helper and its infectious files.
Step 4 HelpDesk is an additional feature which is can sort out all your troubles usually you face when PC is infected with Web Helper
Step 5 Web Helper Free Scanner has Network Sentry feature which helps to block modification done through Internet connectivity on your computer system.
Step 6 Enable Scan Scheduler feature on your computer to perform scanning at pre set time like daily, weekly or monthly.