Hi, My system start behaving in unconventional manner since morning after opened an email attachment that advised me of shopping receipt. As i opened it then I found that I had actually received yesterday. Not any specific symptoms apart from being asked password to open the email, Facebook and other accounts. There is not any exact signs and I have not used any password sensitive sites as I use an uninfected computer. What is happening out on my system please help me soon and provide some quick help to solve this unexpected issue on my system.
Know some unknown severe facts about the Trojan.PasswordStealer
Trojan.PasswordStealer is a malware which monitors your sensitive and private passwords, credentials, user names and similar information and send all these to their makers. According to McAfee report which shows that in the year 2006, there were around 12000 password stealer software or programs active on the Internet world. According to the report about 62% of the malicious programs were designed to target the financial institutions and other economic related organizations to steal their passwords to make huge amount of money. It is a noxious system program which is going to be very widely among the huge number of system users worldwide.
Distinctive details about Trojan.PasswordStealer
- Name – Trojan.PasswordStealer
- Type – Trojan
- Danger level – Very High
- Symptoms – Showing error password message, wrong passcode and so on.
- Distribution – Various infecting ways like spam emails, infected downloads etc.
- Executable file – (randomname).exe
- Affected OS – Win32 (Windows 9x, Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7)
Trojan.PasswordStealer : Successful transmission ways of infection to the users PC
As you may know Trojan.PasswordStealer may infect your system using various means but it mainly got into your healthy PC through Internet. When you launch the web on your system and visit sites then you came across a website which looks very useful and legit to you but behind this it drops a malware on your PC which effectively steal all you secret accounts details and passwords your that can endanger your bank accounts and your valuable money and other privacy.
It is a very severe malware which can disable your system security software or firewall to easily carry out their password or data stealing works so if you do not want a victim of it then you should always use updated system software and to remove Trojan.PasswordStealer use a credible anti-malware on your system.
A. Trojan.PasswordStealer Manual Removal
How to Change the System Folder Settings to view hidden files
On Windows 7 | Vista
Windows Logo button is to be selected and then you need to Open Windows Explorer.
Click on Organize selecting Folder and Search Options.
Now Click on View Tab and select Show hidden files and folders Option to view Trojan.PasswordStealer related files.
Click on OK to Apply
On Windows 8
Select on Windows + E keys in combination on the keyboard.
Click on View Tab option
File name Extensions along with hidden items is to be checked
Step 2: Delete Trojan.PasswordStealer Related Files in Hidden Folders as given
- %Temp%\[adware name]
- %AppData%\[adware name]
- %LocalAppData%\[adware name]
- %LocalAppData%\[adware name].exe
- %CommonAppData%\[adware name]
Step 3 : Remove Trojan.PasswordStealer Related Registry Files on Windows
First, Open Registry Editor
On Windows 7| Vista
Click on Start Button
Select on Run Button
Finally Click on OK button
On Windows 8 Computer
Click on Win [Window Key] + R in Combination on Keyboard
Type regedit.exe in dialog box and press OK.
Confirm OK to open the registry editor.
Look for Trojan.PasswordStealer related files and entries created in Win Registry.
Note: This step is only suitable for users having Technical Skills, if you delete any other entries other than Trojan.PasswordStealer, it will permanently damage your PC.
B. Trojan.PasswordStealer Removal from Windows OS
How to Uninstall Trojan.PasswordStealer related program on PC
on Windows 10
1. On Win 10 Screen, Click on Start Menu and Select All apps.
this will show entire list of apps installed on Win 10, Find Trojan.PasswordStealer or any other suspicious program from the list. Right Click on the Selected item to uninstall it.
On Win 7 | Vista
- Select and Click on the Start Button and Click on Control Panel using Start Menu.
2. You need to Select Uninstall Program under the Program Category in Control Panel.
3. Using the Window, Program and Features option, select Installed on to view all the recently installed programs, Now uninstall Trojan.PasswordStealer or any other suspicious programs.
From window 8 PC
1. Press Windows key + I simultaneously , then open Setting Bar, click Control Panel to open it
2. Under Programs category, select Uninstall a program
3. Search Trojan.PasswordStealer program in Program and Features window, then click on Uninstall
Step 2:- Uninstall Trojan.PasswordStealer toolbar, add-on, plug-in and extension from browser IE/Microsoft Edge/Firefox/Google Chrome
From Chrome Browser
1. On Chrome browser, select menu
2. Select Advanced Settings option
3. Click on Extension
4. To remove Trojan.PasswordStealer extension, click on Trash icon
5. Select the Remove option in dialog box
From Microsoft Edge Browser
( Microsoft Edge does not support extension, now you have to just reset the search engine and homepage of Edge browser)
1. Set homepage on Edge browser to remove Trojan.PasswordStealer
On address bar click More(..), and then select Settings option
3. View Advanced Settings for specific page, to set homepage to Open with option
4. To set your own homepage click on Custom, the then type URL of your own homepage
2. To remove Trojan.PasswordStealer set default Search Engine
- On address bar click More(..), and then select Settings option
- select the View advanced settings option
- Select “Search in the address bar with”, then enter the search engine by clicking on <Add new> option, then click on Add as default
- Custom option is to be selected, enter the URL of the homepage to be set as
From IE Browser
1. To open Manage add-ons on your IE browser, click on Tools button
2. Select Toolbars and Extensions, them make a selection of Trojan.PasswordStealer to remove it
3. Now click on Reset button to remove Trojan.PasswordStealer add-ons
From Firefox browser
1. To open Add-on Manager tab, select Menu button, and then click on Add-ons
2. Click Extensions
3. Select Remove or Disable button
How to Remove Trojan.PasswordStealer Automatically
Well, in the fast growing technology and day by day increasing malicious activities of cyber criminals, it is necessary for every computer user to protect their PC from Trojan.PasswordStealer. You must own a best removal tool which can provide safety and security to your windows machine. Trojan.PasswordStealer Free Scanner is one of the best tool which is capable to detect Trojan.PasswordStealer or any malware completely from compromised machine. However you need to purchase its licensed version to delete Trojan.PasswordStealer completely.
User Guide : Automatic Trojan.PasswordStealer Free Scanner
Step 1 Download the software and now install it on your computer. Click on “Scan Computer” to detect presence of Trojan.PasswordStealer and its harmful traces.
Step 2 Scan in progress can be viewed
Step 3 Use System Guard feature to block entry of Trojan.PasswordStealer and its infectious files.
Step 4 HelpDesk is an additional feature which is can sort out all your troubles usually you face when PC is infected with Trojan.PasswordStealer
Step 5 Trojan.PasswordStealer Free Scanner has Network Sentry feature which helps to block modification done through Internet connectivity on your computer system.
Step 6 Enable Scan Scheduler feature on your computer to perform scanning at pre set time like daily, weekly or monthly.