This post will assist help you to delete SONAR.Mstsc!gen1 easily and completely from your Windows PC. If you PC has been infected with such a Trojan infection and searching for the removal solution from a long time then your search ends here. Keep reading this post and follow the provided removal instructions carefully.
Technical Details of SONAR.Mstsc!gen1
|Discovered||July 3rd, 2017|
|Updated||July 6th, 2017 8:36:20 AM|
Complete Details About SONAR.Mstsc!gen1 And It's Working Mechanism.
SONAR.Mstsc!gen1 has been identified by the team of malware researchers as a vicious and dangerous Trojan infection that hide itself deep inside the PC and cause serious damages. It infects almost all System that runs on Windows based OS including Windows XP, NT, Vista, Me, 7, 8, 10 and others. This Trojan infection has the capability to messes up all crucial files, unnecessary alteration of DNS configuration, highly consumes Computer as well as network resource, blocks security sites, opens backdoor to inject malicious threat and notorious processes to get activated over your PC. Compare to the other Trojans, it has been also created and used by cyber criminals to destroy your System badly and earn revenues from you.
Once SONAR.Mstsc!gen1 lurks inside the PC successfully, it drops several malicious codes in the start-up items so that it activate itself automatically when user restart their PC. This threat may delivers you fake alerts and promotes a technical support service. It provides you a contact number and urges you to call on it to take help of a remote technician but you should ignore such a fake message. As long as stays inside the PC, it keeps doing the malicious acts and damage PC rapidly. By consuming more memory space and resources, it slows down your System as well as networking working speed. Due to the presence of such a threat you cannot perform any operation normally. What's worrisome, it collects user's all sensitive data such as username, IP address, password, debit or credit card details etc and then sell them to the third-party for illegal purposes. To avoid PC having such a trouble, it is highly recommended to delete SONAR.Mstsc!gen1.
Sources of SONAR.Mstsc!gen1 intrusion
- Opening of torrent files.
- Downloading spam attachments, messages or links.
- Downloading and installing of any cost-free packages.
- Sharing file over P2P network.
- Using infected device, playing online game, updating software online through redirected links etc.
A. SONAR.Mstsc!gen1 Manual Removal
How to Change the System Folder Settings to view hidden files
On Windows 7 | Vista
Windows Logo button is to be selected and then you need to Open Windows Explorer.
Click on Organize selecting Folder and Search Options.
Now Click on View Tab and select Show hidden files and folders Option to view SONAR.Mstsc!gen1 related files.
Click on OK to Apply
On Windows 8
Select on Windows + E keys in combination on the keyboard.
Click on View Tab option
File name Extensions along with hidden items is to be checked
Step 2: Delete SONAR.Mstsc!gen1 Related Files in Hidden Folders as given
- %Temp%\[adware name]
- %AppData%\[adware name]
- %LocalAppData%\[adware name]
- %LocalAppData%\[adware name].exe
- %CommonAppData%\[adware name]
Step 3 : Remove SONAR.Mstsc!gen1 Related Registry Files on Windows
First, Open Registry Editor
On Windows 7| Vista
Click on Start Button
Select on Run Button
Finally Click on OK button
On Windows 8 Computer
Click on Win [Window Key] + R in Combination on Keyboard
Type regedit.exe in dialog box and press OK.
Confirm OK to open the registry editor.
Look for SONAR.Mstsc!gen1 related files and entries created in Win Registry.
Note: This step is only suitable for users having Technical Skills, if you delete any other entries other than SONAR.Mstsc!gen1, it will permanently damage your PC.
B. SONAR.Mstsc!gen1 Removal from Windows OS
How to Uninstall SONAR.Mstsc!gen1 related program on PC
on Windows 10
1. On Win 10 Screen, Click on Start Menu and Select All apps.
this will show entire list of apps installed on Win 10, Find SONAR.Mstsc!gen1 or any other suspicious program from the list. Right Click on the Selected item to uninstall it.
On Win 7 | Vista
- Select and Click on the Start Button and Click on Control Panel using Start Menu.
2. You need to Select Uninstall Program under the Program Category in Control Panel.
3. Using the Window, Program and Features option, select Installed on to view all the recently installed programs, Now uninstall SONAR.Mstsc!gen1 or any other suspicious programs.
From window 8 PC
1. Press Windows key + I simultaneously , then open Setting Bar, click Control Panel to open it
2. Under Programs category, select Uninstall a program
3. Search SONAR.Mstsc!gen1 program in Program and Features window, then click on Uninstall
Step 2:- Uninstall SONAR.Mstsc!gen1 toolbar, add-on, plug-in and extension from browser IE/Microsoft Edge/Firefox/Google Chrome
From Chrome Browser
1. On Chrome browser, select menu
2. Select Advanced Settings option
3. Click on Extension
4. To remove SONAR.Mstsc!gen1 extension, click on Trash icon
5. Select the Remove option in dialog box
From Microsoft Edge Browser
( Microsoft Edge does not support extension, now you have to just reset the search engine and homepage of Edge browser)
1. Set homepage on Edge browser to remove SONAR.Mstsc!gen1
On address bar click More(..), and then select Settings option
3. View Advanced Settings for specific page, to set homepage to Open with option
4. To set your own homepage click on Custom, the then type URL of your own homepage
2. To remove SONAR.Mstsc!gen1 set default Search Engine
- On address bar click More(..), and then select Settings option
- select the View advanced settings option
- Select “Search in the address bar with”, then enter the search engine by clicking on <Add new> option, then click on Add as default
- Custom option is to be selected, enter the URL of the homepage to be set as
From IE Browser
1. To open Manage add-ons on your IE browser, click on Tools button
2. Select Toolbars and Extensions, them make a selection of SONAR.Mstsc!gen1 to remove it
3. Now click on Reset button to remove SONAR.Mstsc!gen1 add-ons
From Firefox browser
1. To open Add-on Manager tab, select Menu button, and then click on Add-ons
2. Click Extensions
3. Select Remove or Disable button
How to Remove SONAR.Mstsc!gen1 Automatically
Well, in the fast growing technology and day by day increasing malicious activities of cyber criminals, it is necessary for every computer user to protect their PC from SONAR.Mstsc!gen1. You must own a best removal tool which can provide safety and security to your windows machine. SONAR.Mstsc!gen1 Free Scanner is one of the best tool which is capable to detect SONAR.Mstsc!gen1 or any malware completely from compromised machine. However you need to purchase its licensed version to delete SONAR.Mstsc!gen1 completely.
User Guide : Automatic SONAR.Mstsc!gen1 Free Scanner
Step 1 Download the software and now install it on your computer. Click on “Scan Computer” to detect presence of SONAR.Mstsc!gen1 and its harmful traces.
Step 2 Scan in progress can be viewed
Step 3 Use System Guard feature to block entry of SONAR.Mstsc!gen1 and its infectious files.
Step 4 HelpDesk is an additional feature which is can sort out all your troubles usually you face when PC is infected with SONAR.Mstsc!gen1
Step 5 SONAR.Mstsc!gen1 Free Scanner has Network Sentry feature which helps to block modification done through Internet connectivity on your computer system.
Step 6 Enable Scan Scheduler feature on your computer to perform scanning at pre set time like daily, weekly or monthly.